The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by DutchX8, Feb 7, 2009.

1. i was thinking of buying a wired one for that. but no one i know has a wired controller

2. I just got the Zelda Collectors disk for Gamecube. Started a new Ocarina file. I just beat the Dodongo Cavern.

3. I know this was a while back, but I've done that. I had to get online to figure out ONE thing, but that was it.
    And that thing was dumb as it was. In the fire room in Ganon's tower, you have to collect all the silver crystals. One of them was on top of a platform that rises and falls. When it rises to the top, however, you realize that the crystal is just a LITTLE too high. Didn't even think to backflip...just me being dumb.
    But other than that, I beat Master Quest all on my own :)

But yeah....OOT is my favorite game ever. It's one of the biggest reasons I chose to go to school to work in game dev. It changed my life :wave:

4. I need to figure out a way to get to get all the zelda games back on my computer!!!!!!When I was little I used to think that I was actually in the game, i got so immersed in it, it was unbeleivable.

I miss it hehe, so is there a way to put Ocarina of Time, Majoras Mask, The Wind Waker on your PC? I have to play through it again! Oh yeah and is there an attachment that I could add like a normal xbox 360 controller and use it on my PC?

5. Ocarina of Time is one of my favorite games ever,I had it on N64 and on Gamecube.Ive beat it twice, but could still play it again and itd be just as fun as the first time.

6. Does anyone like the Wind Waker for GC? I thought it was a good game,not as good as OoT,but close.

7. Yea WW for GC was good, I could spend hours on that game even after I beat it just to get all the extras. But no Zelda game compares to OoT I especially liked how you could skip the water temple and go straight to the gerudu valley. A bit harder without the longshot, but not impossible

8. I really liked it. I loved both the cel shading, very artistic, but also the sailing. People said it was repetitive, I disagree. Maybe a little bit, but it was fun exploring the high seas, I thought.

9. Youre in game development? What company?

10. OOT, MM, and WW are all great games, but please tell me someone is older than 20 here and knows the greatness and wonder that is A Link To The Past available for your friend and mine, the S.N.E.S.? I know that it just cannot compare graphically or claim to have superior sound but the game play and it's replay value make epitome of the top view adventure genre and the best Zelda game in my opinion. (Although I haven't played all the Zelda titles out there)

N.B.: I still have my original Zelda and Zelda 2 for N.E.S. but was more into MegaMan, I don't think I've ever beaten them, they just sit in my chest full'o'games accruing value.

11. No, I'm not in it YET. But I'm going to a school, and getting my degree, specifically in game dev. And not at one of those crap colleges you see commercials for on TV. An actual University.

So...talk to me in 5 years. Then I'll be in game dev. :D

12. EVERYBODY wants be in the game company. I want be in it too but the chances getting in it is slim. 10%

Best way to get in is to know somebody in the game company.

13. Yeah, everybody WANTS to be. Not everyone goes to school specifically for it.
    Which I am.

And I do know somebody in the industry. Works for Microsoft.
    So I'd say I'm set.

14. Deffinatly among the best games. I beat it, but i didnt beat majoras mask, there was two much stuff i wanted to pass up and didnt have enough shit to beat the stone temple :p. I have the guide too, just never went back and beat it. My n64 doesnt have sound either, i gotta get a new cord for it. Then all will be good :cool:

15. What company do you want to work for? Like if it was up to you, what companies would you consider?

16. The Gerudo theme is so awesome I played blazed till I got their and just sat in awe and listened for a solid hour.

17. #57 Schizo-Manic, Feb 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2009
    this game was deep but I found everything and completed the entire game, haven't played this game in like 11 years...I still got the gold limited edition copy

18. If it was up to me, there'd be a few I would love to work for.

First, obviously, would be Nintendo. Working on a Zelda title would be a dream come true. Plus, Nintendo's american headquarters is in Seattle, which is somewhere I've always considered living.

Valve would be another huge one. Plus, they have a tendency to hire students (as they did with Portal). But I've heard the head of Valve is a huge douche.

Square Enix would be cool (can't help it, I love my Final Fantasy), but that's pretty centered in Japan :(

Bethesda would be another cool one, if only because I'm absolutely obsessed with Fallout 3 right now. They make really damn good games.

EA has some quality titles too. A graduate of the school I'm going to be attending next month was on the dev. team for Dead Space (directly after graduation), and I know EA does a lot of recruiting from there, so that's always a possibility. But, they don't ALWAYS make the best games. (Not the worst, either, but still...)

Realistically though, anywhere that'll hire me would be awesome, I just want to make games :)

You interested in being a developer?

19. I totally agree with all your choices. 3 quality companies that you KNOW you are getting a quality game when you buy one of theirs.

I don't think I have the artistic talent necessary to be a developer, but if I could choose which companies I'd work for they be Nintendo, Valve, or UBISoft.

20. UBISoft would be legit. They make some awesome games too.
    Another company that's kind of lost their touch recently, but would still be cool to work for, is RARE. I just love their style. Old Banjo Kazooie...mmmmmmmmm :)

You any good at math? You could always be a game coder, that's way less art, but it's still a HUGE part of game creation.
    The school I'm going to actually offers degrees in both. The art is only an associate's degree, but the game dev. (coding and whatnot) is a full bachelors, and can be followed up with a master's degree in "game design", which encompasses all of it, along with management skills, etc. It's an amazing program.

It took me forever to get up the balls to go to school for games. I thought long and hard, and in the end I decided that I was going to do what would make me happy, no matter what. Kinda like my decision to smoke weed :smoking: