The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by DutchX8, Feb 7, 2009.

1. LOL I HATED the water temple. I actually needed my little brother to beat it for me.

Laugh if you want, but for some reason my lil bro is really good at adventure games, whereas I specialize more in shooting.

Go figure.

2. love that game I havent played that shit for soooo deep

majoras mask was pretty good too

3. yeah majoras mask was the bomb.

remember that 'fierce deity' mask? was there some big secret behind that or something?

And why are so many people ragging on twilight? Some parts are a bit annoying but i liked it a lot.

4. Haha I did the same thing a few months ago, ended up beating both Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. Awesome games

5. TP gets ragged on all the time by Zelda fans. I have no idea why. It's probably below average for a Zelda title, but it's still a very good game.

It is vastly superior to Wind Waker, at the very least. People always complain about TP being too easy, and it was, but WW makes tying your shoelaces look like a daunting task by comparison. WW also managed to make me hate Tingle even more, a feat which I previously believed to be quite impossible.

6. I disagree. I loved Wind Waker. It had an engaging and well crafted world that was fun to explore. I loved discovering new islands and exploring towns.

Twilight's world is much less detailed in my opinion.

7. The greatest game of all time.

8. I liked WW, but I would still call it the worst entry in the series. I realize this is only an opinion but I will do my best to explain my biggest gripes with it.

1) The Great Sea was tedium defined. Getting anywhere takes forever, and since 99% of the world map is water, there is very little to keep your interest while you are sailing from point A to point B. There are plenty of islands, but most of them have nothing interesting on them. You do get a warp song later on, but it is too little, too late.

2) The game is much too easy. I did not come anywhere close to dying at any point on my first playthrough. None of the puzzles are very difficult. As I mentioned earlier, TP also has this problem, but it's not nearly as severe.

3) Tingle's rupee lust. This was a very blatant attempt to make a short game seem longer by sending you on long sailing missions. This game would be drastically improved IMO if they dumped this pointless fetch-quest and replaced it with a dungeon or two. This section of the game was so bad that I came very close to just giving up (not because of difficulty, but because of boredom).

It wasn't all bad, though. The cel-shaded graphics are a major point of contention with a lot of people, but personally I thought the art was probably the game's strongest point. It also had excellent music - especially the Great Sea overworld theme.

9. I couldn't tell you exactly why I don't like Twilight Princess, it's just that I always lose interest in it. I'll start playing it and 20 mins later be bored. I think it has something to do with the art direction too, the graphics were kind of annoying. And most of all, it seemed so childish in comparison to OoT. ESPECIALLY when you open a small chest and you get that little toddler jingle. In OoT when you opened ANY chest you got some sort of epic brass tune.

I don't know... after all the hype about TP being the true sequel to OoT, I got so pumped, and then it just felt different.

10. damn, this makes me wanna go pick those games up again. I don't play my cube that often, but I'm sure a few rounds of stoned WW would be worth the pick up.

11. Water Temple was a bitch, but the Shadow temple always creeped me out, hated it.

I am going to buy a 64 from the EXchange so I can crank out the Zelda I have for 64. I also want to get Super Smash Brothers. That and OoT are the best games ever... of all time.

12. No joke, out of every game on every system I've ever played, OoT is easily the best. Except for water temple.
    What do you think of Majora's Mask?

13. Why does everyone hate the Water Temple? I loved it, it was the most challenging dungeon in the game explicitly because of the bizarre architecture, as well as that one key that everyone forgets about. Plus, it had Dark Link.

I think Majora's Mask is definitely one of the two best games in the series (along with OoT). I would be hard-pressed to choose one over the other. And if you want to talk about difficult water dungeons, I had way more trouble with the Great Bay Temple than the Water Temple.

14. Dude, i loved the water temple just because of the dark link fight.
    It was the treat after the running up and down the center pillar.

When WoW:WotLK had a quest with a "dark" self, had to immediately stop and go play OoT.

15. I loved this game when I was younger, it took me so long to beat. I'd play it again, but it's the kind of game that can take over your life for a few weeks, so maybe I won't, haha. :D

16. I hated it cuz it was too challenging. I never beat it on my own, had to get lil bro to do it.

17. Dude, I STILL haven't beaten Great Bay Temple. I'm finally gonna break out a guide.

18. legend of zelda oot is THE BEST GAME EVER MADE! i tried playing it on the computer a couple of months ago and im glad my save disappeared because it would have taken away from the standards i hold it to

19. #39 wackdeafboy, Feb 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2009
    I'm playing right now on my pc. :cool:
    One of the best games ever!

Oh if you use xbox controller, it works WONDER! smooth gameplay.

20. Me too man, but the Bottom of the Well was 10x more scary for me when I was a kid. I had to get my older brother to play through it for me.