The Legalization Dichotomy

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Acewiza, Jan 23, 2019.

1. #1 Acewiza, Jan 23, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
    So we have now what, 30 med and 8 or 9 full legal states, right? I submit it is high time to ditch the whole "medical" concept from an administrative/government standpoint. It was a good move to get things going many years ago, but now we are stuck with a horrible mess of regulation, tax-and-finance issues and at the end of the day, handed another big fat cash cow to the healthcare industry and the government gets to maintain another inefficient, slow, expensive bureaucracy.

LITERALLY, I mean LITERALLY, the only justification after legalization is the money. Of course that's the justification in any case, but why a 2-tier system? Doctors charge fees, gov gets their cut, additional related services come into play, etc, etc, only for the sake of a lower tax rate on the product. So of course many will continue contributing to the growing medical cannabis cottage industries, just to save a few bucks themselves, while all their combined revenue gets spread around quack doctors and their minions who couldn't make it in traditional medicine.

I'm not saying they are all quacks, but it is a significant market segment, in my experience. I've seen a few and been around the block here in the Denver metro cannabis scene a time or 2. It's been my experience these people are only practicing medicine for the sake of easy cannabis revenue. There is little to no medical risk or liability and they have minimal overhead compared to any other doctor. Who needs 'em, when anyone over 21 can walk into a dispensary and buy weed?

2. I would prefer a simple decriminalization. Gov't oversight and taxation usually screws things up. Just like the internet has been hugely effective without big brother, so too would MJ.

• Agree Agree x 1