The LED chronicles (MARS II 900W, KESSIL H150 x4, GL300)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Emma & Dave, Jan 19, 2014.

1. So as my first post i just wanted to share my set up. :)
    Everything is clean and fresh.

First off we have...
    A 4x2x4 Veg tent with a Four foot 6 bulb T5 with all 6500k bulbs
    A 90 watt growco LED ufo (nothing to special) just rounds off that spectrum.
    for air we have a 6 inch inline fan pulling air into the tent at 270 cfm
    and for exhaust we are pulling air out of our little veg tent straight into our next topic...

A 4x4x7 Flower tent with the VANTECH 6" 470 cfm inline fan as previously stated, its pulling air in from the veg tent. ( most likely have co2 pads hanging in the veg tent.)

As for lighting we just set up our brand new MARS II 900W led fullspectrum
    surounded by our original KESSILL H150
    KESSIL H150 magenta x2
    KESSIL H150 BlueW x1
    KESSIL H150 REDW x1

And we can't forget the Good ole' GL300 LED panel, a full spectrum panel with flower emphasis (heavy in the 610-700nm range)

In total is 1800 theoretical watts OR...
    MARS II 900 (400 actual watts)
    KESSILL (36x4=144 actual watts)
    LG300 (180 actual watts)

Weighing in a 724 Actual watts.

And for exhaust we have a 6 inch scrubber hooked up to an 8 inch inline fan pulling out approx 400 cfm
    a dehumidifier, a couple ocilating fans

to play around with i have a 6 spot hydro/aero convertable table system meant for learger plants.
    along with a nice (if i may say so myself) 44"x44" screen of green net that i can adjust from 30"-48"

I'm inbetween grow and looking for some advice as to what i need/ what i should fill this baby up with!?! any idea? any constructive criticism?

2. This first one is Just an outer view of the tents. duhh.

CAM00491.jpg

This is the flower tent with no inner lighting, just ambient lighting from the surrounding room
    CAM00487.jpg

This one here is with only the kessils on
    CAM00488.jpg

KESSILS and GL300
    CAM00489.jpg
    ALL of em on :)
    CAM00490.jpg

doesnt really seem to do it justice. the mars is decieving. i love how crisp white/pink the light comes out.

3. How do you like that mars ll?

4. Is that an ionic breeze? Anything that puts out Ozone should not be in the grow room. Ozone is great for treating exhaust or areas outside the room.

Don't buy into CO2 pad, we tested them and they only serve as a means to separate new growers from hard earned cash.

Kessils lights are known to be pretty worthless for growing weed. Ebay um and get a few fluorescent light bars for the veg room.

Best of luck with the grow.
    R.

5. NO SIR! that's simply a HOLMES air tower.
    and the dehumidifier doesnt use ozone either.

I'll take your word on the Co2 pads, i was iffy of them myself.
    would you reccomend a bucket?
    please don't say a generator, not necesarry considering these plants are in my bedroom, they take in everything my girlfriend and i exhale if im not mistaken

and hey now, i'm going to have to disagree with you on that one, the kessils seem to keep my plants perky, they arent worth a damn as far as power, but they really come in handy when im tunning in my spectrums. 36 watts isnt much, but 36 watts of high density 460 nm led is a bit boost you know?

and I'm loving it! I went with the fullspectrum instead of the area 51 like i had hoped, only because i plan to eventually use it for runs of autos. after i upgrade to the 1200.

I just got 10 little ladies, 5 master og kush and 5 white widow x big bud, threw em in some 2 gallon smart pots with a mixture of sunshine advanced, coco, perilite, bone meal, mike-O-rizey, bat guano (mid levels of nitro, high in phophs), Great white mycos, and some grow stone and a couple handfulls of hydroton i had laying around. 

they are doing great, i've got em on some ROCK nutes and a bit of michigans own micro mucha stash. get all the trace nutes in there. i'll put up pics soon!

also expirementing with higher temps.... 88-91 compared to my usual 76-80

really having troubles with raising humidity.
    so...
    i need help with humidity, and reasonable suggestions for Co2

thanks so far guys :)

6. #6 Rumpleforeskin, Jan 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2014
    You only need CO2 enrichment if you are growing in a sealed room (no ventilation). Running any ventilation will instantly remove any homebrew CO2. Total waste of time and effort. Fresh air will be more than enough. Even better if you share the room with your plants. Spend your time on stuff that will matter.

Lets see some harvest pictures from your Kessils (not some pictures from some other guy who claims to grow with them. lets see your pictures).

You will always find one thing in every successful grow operation that is using Kessil lighting.... It will have a real grow light mixed in with them. They are not totally worthless, they make great exterior lighting and landscape enhancements. I use one on my palm tree in my back yard (looks great). Don't forget Christmas lighting :laughing:

7. [quote name="Rumpleforeskin" post="19402602" timestamp="1390628258"]You only need CO2 enrichment if you are growing in a sealed room (no ventilation). Running any ventilation will instantly remove any homebrew CO2. Total waste of time and effort. Fresh air will be more than enough. Even better if you share the room with your plants. Spend your time on stuff that will matter.Lets see some harvest pictures from your Kessils (not some pictures from some other guy who claims to grow with them. lets see your pictures).You will always find one thing in every successful grow operation that is using Kessil lighting.... It will have a real grow light mixed in with them. They are not totally worthless, they make great exterior lighting and landscape enhancements. I use one on my palm tree in my back yard (looks great). Don't forget Christmas lighting :laughing:[/quote]Alright alright, I'll forget about the co2 for now, and as for the pictures, gladly. who ever said "money doesn't grow on trees" is a fucking idiot.

8. #8 Emma & Dave, Jan 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2014
    733933_10202626127159110_1607456612_n.jpg 1459252_10202642431326704_1350566777_n.jpg 1461780_10202627436151834_2123907716_n.jpg 1480693_10202647569455154_1020481269_n.jpg 1489244_10202718690913146_1253030802_n.jpg

100% LED power baby. 70% of that was all kessil power.
    and now i've added the mars 2 :)

what do ya think?

9. Rumple much respect I've followed a lot of your advice. Quit bullying this guy tho. Lol. He's doing a great job.

10. Can you post a pic with just the 900 mars ll on?

11. Yes sir, i will as soon as my girlfriend is up and around so i dont wake her lazy butt up.
    the 900 is a bit of a trick man!
    once its in the tent, the light trully doesn't seem to be "insanely" bright or anything, i mean, the 900 is only around 22,000 lumens i believe, if not mistaken.
    but pull the light out of the tent and point it at a wall in my room, the entire room is just filled with vibrant bands of light.
    for 350 (what i paid after shipping)  you absolutely can not go wrong buying the mars 2.

i mean.... its almost silly not to take the leap, it's 350!
    thats like... 3 years of constant growing capability.... for 350!

but like i said, ill get around to doing a nice little review of the mars 2 on here.

haha no problems, with rumple, i encounter people who doubt my grows on a daily basis, i myself sometimes even get the urge to rip out all of these leds and throw in a 1000w e-ballest and air cooled hood.

but I have simply never seen the quality of bud that im pulling off these plants come from hid.
    im sorry, but its the truth, it really is. i have simply never seen plants like these.

i've certainly gotten down potency, the white lightning x jack herer I just pulled last month smokes so hashy i cant even make it half way through the fucking bowl.
    and listen, i'm not trying to brag here, i'm not even trying to take credit, its good ginetics, and pretty interesting lighting. all i do is spend time with em, trim em to keep em light, super crop, pinch, lst, fim and stake em. i usually force all the nug into 5-11 colas ( those numbers only because.. thats just what i've had so far)

my first grow in a 20"x36"x5' tent with a 400hid mh/hps i yielded 7 oz from two plants, 3 off of a deathstar cut, and 4 off of a critical mass.

my second grow now Yielded an average of 35-40 grams per plant between 6 plants in a 4x4 grow space.

(i've grown plants inbetween all these harvests and such, i keep it purpetual, always at least 2-3 plants going, ya know?)

this time around, as stated, i have 10 lil babies, and im planning on getting another 10 more, so it will end up being 20 2 gallon smartpots in a sea of green. or at least thats the general plan.

I do have a 40"x40" scrog net made with nylon coated wire and pvc that i could throw in there with the 10 plants and have some fun with.... and a brand new areoponics system i can play around with.... oh boy.... so many choices...
    im just blabbing now.

oh but like i said, i lost a lot of weight, i know, but the quality of bud significantly increased, like..... dramatically.

12. CAM00492.jpg
    CAM00493.jpg

so both of these pictures are with the mars 2 only. and those are the new lil babies,
    5 master og kush
    5 white widow x big bud.

the light is certainly keeping them happy, to say the least.
    these plants had some serious issues when we got em, (although great root structure)
    now they are all pretty much completely grown out of all their problems. except the little shit in the back... slow as hell, still cute though.

13. I have some white widow x big bud too. A week away from 12/12. White rhino x Mazar and lemon kush.

14. [quote name="Swagar" post="19407164" timestamp="1390704487"]I have some white widow x big bud too. A week away from 12/12. White rhino x Mazar and lemon kush.[/quote]How are the WWxBB doing so far??And hows that WRxM? Thats new to mewho ever said "money doesn't grow on trees" is a fucking idiot.

15. They all look really good. They were Vegged under a 500 watt blackstar. Now under 1600 hps at 14/10. Next weekend will be 12/12 under 2200 watts. I just started training them. I might pull a few cutting. I haven't cloned much so we will see how that goes.

16. Have you tested any 5 watt chipset leds? I've read a few other of your reviews. I want to use 6 of the 900 mars ll to replace my 2200 watts of hps this summer. Should be 2600 true l led watts. Then in the winter I'll use all the lights I can.

17. [quote name="Swagar" post="19407288" timestamp="1390705799"]Have you tested any 5 watt chipset leds? I've read a few other of your reviews. I want to use 6 of the 900 mars ll to replace my 2200 watts of hps this summer. Should be 2600 true l led watts. Then in the winter I'll use all the lights I can.[/quote]Dude, just go with 5 of the 1200sWell, thats my opinion, only because i almost regret not steppin up to the 1200, it might be a bit overkill in a 4x4 though. But yeah, its like $40-55 more for the extra 60 diodes.... thats a pretty damn good deal. ImoAnd thanks rumple, I give em tons of love.who ever said "money doesn't grow on trees" is a fucking idiot.

18. Did you email the company directly? I've been talking to them and checking ebay. It's only 2100 for 6 900s. I was going to do 4 of the 1200s. 6 900s will just give me better coverage and almost 3000 lumens per sq foot. I have a 50 sq ft tent.

19. lumens have little, if anything, to do with lighting when talking about LEDs