Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

The law

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by wellslamont, Dec 3, 2013.

1. Was just curious, as a previous user was posting a lot of law related questions and I became curious myself. Can a police officer arrest you for suspicious behavior. Say you are walking on the sidewalk and are noticeably high, with red eyes, does the officer have the right to arrest you or even search you for such behavior? Let's also add that you have nothing on you anymore, as you just smoked, other than a lighter. Does the officer have the right to search you for suspicious behavior? I know that and officer can pull you over for suspicious behavior if you are driving but what are the rules when your just walking around. Remember folks, curiosities kill virginity.

2. I think it would vary state to state and officer to officer. I don't think they could nab you under public intoxication unless they were really concerned for your well-being and wanted you off the street or if you were causing havoc. Public intox usually relates to being drunk and requires a breathalyzer which cannot detect "highness" I would say as long as you're not causing chaos, endangering yourself or others you're in the clear. Change your clothes, wash your hands, get some gum, throw some shades on and walk down the street while you try to wipe that green grin off your face. 

I can't be held responsible for that advice though, I'm not a lawyer, just The Fox.

3. Learn your rights. Police are people too and they can only do so much legally!Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. It really depends on the situation but there a limits. You're laws are probably different than mine but I'd say they would try to throw some legal jargon out to make it sound legit. Like above me said. Know your rights.