The Law of Attraction

Discussion in 'General' started by Stevenator, Jul 25, 2008.

1. I want to tell you about the law of attraction because its really fukin sweet [​IMG]. It will enhance your life so much. It has brought me abundance and happiness in this life.

The Law of Attraction is that you attract into your life whatever you think about. Your dominant thoughts will find a way to manifest. Be happy all the time and you will attract things that make you happy.

You can learn alot about the law of attraction from the movie "The Secret".

You can watch the first 20 minutes of The Secret movie here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_b1GKGWJbE8 . It will help you have a better understanding of the Law of Attraction.

"I've been studying Quantum-Physics for a while now.. and its PROVEN in quantum Events that OUR Thoughts are SHAPING OUR REALITY!"

If you need money visualize yourself with a shitload of money a few times everyday and BELEIVE you have it already, it will soon come.

Whatever you need in you life, just believe you already have it and project that frequency into the universe.

Through meditation we can be able to have much quicker manifestations because through meditation you will become connected to the source.

You should check out this awesome video about meditation and how it can also help basically every part of your life, you can watch it here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZP0Hhcov8c .

Use this information and your life will be really sweet, it's totaly badass.

Peace out [​IMG]

2. i see my self with shitloads of money all the time. and i found a dollar on the sidewalk yesterday. does that mean it's happening?

3. heres an interesting view on the secret:
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yZTE3QC_BAw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yZTE3QC_BAw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

by manifesting our thoughts and wants, a polar opposite must manifest, therefore creating a negative situaution elsewhere or later on in our own life or someone elses, directly or indirectly. a bit selfish dont you think?

EDIT: i was all for the whole law of attraction thing myself, but this kind of put it in new light...

4. very interesting shit, i think this shit has been affecting my life, both what the op and pavlakos or however the fuck its spelled said

5. Ugh, this is just a bastardized take on the power of suggestion, re-packaged and sold to gullible, drooling new agers.

6. I agree with your views and wish to subscribe to your newsletter

7. Greetings Stevenator,

With a grand total of 1 post, you are most likely a bot or troll. Either way, I will indulge your foolishness.

Does not exist. This is purely a creation of new age pseudoscience. This is by no means scientific or an observable law.

In the immortal words of Chaohinon: "this is just a bastardized take on the power of suggestion, re-packaged and sold to gullible, drooling new agers."

Yes, "The Secret" a 2006 film, and massive bastion to new age propaganda. Peddled by the lowest common denominators including Larry King and Oprah Winfrey, this movie is pure bullshit through and through.

That's a quote from whom? I know of no scientific evidence supporting this claim.

I also have a quote.

"I think I can safely say that nobody understands quantum mechanics."
    - Dr. Richard Feynman, Quantum Physicist

So why the global poverty? people just are hoping strong enough?

Try telling that to Sudanese Refugees.

What? I truly have no idea what you're talking about.

Yours Truly,
    Sam_Spade

8. This is not true. It has been demonstrated that the act of observation affects events at the quantum level (in very limited ways.) But nothing along the lines of of our thoughts affecting matter at the molecular level... and most definitely not affecting abstract ideas such as monetary possession.

Remember, this Universe and the laws shaping reality existed long before human consciousness. While I believe there is a singular consciousness driving reality, I also realize that human consciousness is an extremely small part of that force. Our "minds" are for our perceptions of reality and do not "control" anything besides our views on the Universe.

I feel you are giving way too much credit to human consciousness... just think about how much of our own bodies are under the control of our sub-consciouss. I mean, I don't will my food to be digested in my stomach... do you?

Reality is highly independant from human consciousness, and it's a good thing too... taking into consideration how manipulative and controlling the human race is, we would have long since destroyed ourselves if we had genuine magical powers.

9. we've lost another one folks....

The Secret is a scam...and that's no secret

Meditate

it's cheaper and better for you

10. That's a good quote... reminds me of this one...

"For those who are not shocked when they first come across quantum theory cannot possibly have understood it."- Niels Bohr

Quantum theory has demonstrated nothing much more than the fact that we hardly have a clue as to what is going on in this Universe.

I also wanted to add that this type of philosophy is in all practicality no different than prayer. And the jury is on prayer.

11. Well said, and...

:D Nice signature. A little more optimism and he might have more supporters.

12. Thank you, Sir.

Nah, what Ron Paul needs is a little more support from the current political establishment. But getting Marxists to support libertarians is akin to getting Islamic Lebanians to lobby the US in support of Israel... ain't gonna happen.

I don't think many people are turned off by Ron Paul's cynicism of the current political establishment but rather wary to embrace his "radical" philosophies compared to the status-quo. It seems more people like the idea of change rather than the actual implementation of it.

13. I liked the Secret. But I became immediately suspicious when they removed ALL EVIDENCE of Abraham-Hicks from the original production.

For those who are curious, A-H is an entity who is channeled through Esther Hicks and claims to communicate with God and the universe. The Secret was the first (more or less) popular media to depict A-H while he was being channeled.

Once the DVD went uber-mainstream, they edited out all the A-H hocus-pocus and replaced it with an Oprah lookalike talking about her experiences.

14. It does work its a law just like gravity you just have to believe. Let go of fear, doubt, and disbelief. Free your mind.

Meditation can help your manifestations come faster as you become more conected to the Source. Because the unified field of consciousness is your own inner nature you need not look far to find it. It is easily experienced through the practice of deep meditation. All you need to do is to bring your awareness to the deep inner level of unified consciousness, and imbibe that status within your conscious awareness. Operating from that status you gain command and support of all the laws of nature.

Quantum mechanics, an aspect of modern physics, identifies a field of life called the unified field, or ground state, which is the fundamental nonchanging field of life. It is eternal, unbounded, beyond space and time, wherein are contained all possibilities. It is the unmanifested field of pure potentiality from where all force and matter fields emerge. If you have this you have everything. Some physicists early on have postulated that this unmanifested field of pure potentiality may be consciousness itself. Max Planck stated, "I regard consciousness as fundamental. I regard matter as derivative from consciousness." And Sir Arthur Stanley Eddington said, "All through the physical world runs the unknown content that must surely be the stuff of our consciousness."

watch this shit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZP0Hhcov8c

peace out :D

15. I agree.
    But you might still want to read the Secret.

16. Spammer.

17. You're missing out if you don't believe.