The latest Propaganda

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by bluntfists, Sep 11, 2012.

1. ok So check it out
    Dude, it's your junk! Pot linked to testicular cancer - msnbc.com health
    Nbc's article on how Marijuwana causes testicular canser.
    So first thing i noticed while reading this article is it doesnt give any discription on why it would be link to testicular canser(TC).
    They use words like CAN and MAY or COULD possibly be.
    With a title like Dude, it's your junk! Pot linked to testicular cancer, how could that possibly be bias?
    they state that 51% of people diagnosed with TC had smoked pot. i fail to see the link? they should include the amount of people who had any trama done to the genitals, how much/if they drank, and also what drugs illegal/pharma they were taking.
    It says the research was funded by the canser assosiation, could it be that they are spreading propaganda because they make a killing off of canser? because cannabis has been PROVEN, not can or may or possibly, but PROVEN to slow down or stop, and sometimes even eliminate canser in the body?
    also this is main stream media...... the government is no stranger to changing truths to change peoples minds about this sort of thing. all this is, is the next reefer madness scam. :smoke:

2. Saw this on Fox news this morning

3. When I was a teenager they came out with a bullshit story about how mj made young men develop more breast tissue than non users...trying to freak guys out about growing tits....along the same lines as the stories about certain unmentionables making people think they could fly....TOTAL FUCKING BULLSHIT!!!!

4. I dont want sperm. No sperm = no condoms :D

5. You know we're getting close to legalization when the corporate media stops ignoring the MJ issue and actively goes on a smear campaign.

They were probably sitting on these "studies" for a time like this.

6. This is serious, the media is campaigning hard and itès not enough for us to know the truth. The general public is being lied to, and they're eating this up like no tomorrow. That last ''study'' that said cannabis might be linked to lower IQ's in children got people shook. I've already seen it being quoted on other forums I frequent and on Youtube.

We need to make sure we get the word out and do our best to point out the fallacies of these reports. We're at the turning point, if we stay silent then the feds will sway public opinion against legalization with these bullshit studies.

If you've ever wanted to do something meaningful with your life, now's your chance.

7. Self-report studies have a high tendency to be unreliable.

8. This just in!!! 100% people who die report to have used a toilet!!!! toilets now linked to death!

9. But if that's all they got....Fuck em....really though, after 40 years, that's it?

10. hahaha a dean at my school used to say this shit, he could barely keep a straight face when he said it it was obvious he didnt even believe it himself but didnt care enough to not spread lies

11. We should start our own propaganda to spread the news to legalize weed even if some of it isn't true.If the public likes to believe bullshit then we should come up with bullshit so they will believe in legalizing weed because the truth doesn't seem to work.

12. my mom was telling me this morning "good thing you got caught when you did, pot causes testicular cancer and I want grand children".

my parents believe everything that the news feeds them.

13. #13 Storm Crow, Sep 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2012
    Greenghoul- well get yourself a copy of my List, set them down in front of a screen and ask them to just read the titles- they can even skip any that are too "Sci-Speak" to understand- I have plenty of news articles that are in plain English!

WebMD is a good place to start! Easy to read and they have a good reputation! You might just print these up for them!

Marijuana May Slow Alzheimer's (news - 2006)
    Marijuana May Slow Alzheimer's

Marijuana Chemical Fights Hardened Arteries
    Marijuana Chemical Fights Hardened Arteries

Chemicals in Marijuana May Fight MRSA
    Marijuana Ingredients May Fight MRSA

Marijuana's Active Ingredient Targets Deadly Brain Cancer
    Marijuana's Active Ingredient Targets Deadly Brain Cancer

Marijuana May Fight Lung Tumors
    Marijuana May Fight Lung Tumors

Marijuana Ingredients Slow Invasion by Cervical and Lung Cancer Cells Pot Slows Cancer in Test Tube

Marijuana Ingredient May Cut Fibromyalgia Pain
    Marijuana Ingredient May Cut Fibromyalgia Pain

Cannabis Relieves Multiple Sclerosis Pain (news - 2004)
    Cannabis Relieves Multiple Sclerosis Pain

Pot Chemical May Curb Inflammation (news – 2007)
    Pot Chemical May Curb Inflammation

Teen Pot Smoking Won't Lead to Other Drugs as Adults (news - 2010)
    Teen Pot Smoking Won't Lead to Other Drugs as Adults

Heavy Marijuana Use Doesn't Damage Brain (news – 2003)
    Heavy Marijuana Use Doesn't Damage Brain

Marijuana Smoking Doesn't Kill
    Marijuana Smoking Doesn't Kill

Pot-Based Drug Promising for Arthritis
    Pot-Based Drug Promising for Arthritis

About the cancer. They did this once before and the study was SO flawed that even I had no trouble shooting it down for inaccuracy and bias. It is likely that this is just another ploy like pot causing "man-boobs"- just something to scare the masses!

My guess is phthalates may be the real culprits! They are everywhere and are known to cause cancer, and nerve and reproductive problems! And they damage the endocannabinoid system which fights cancer.

A lack of omega 3 is another possibility. No omega 3 means that any new CB1 receptors are made defectively- which can impact your ability to kill cancer cells!

To me it just seems weird to claim that a herbal medicine that has been shown to slow or stop the growth of breast cancer, prostate cancer, cervical cancer, lung cancer, gliomas, neuroblastomas, colon cancer and more, could somehow be the cause of one specific type of cancer!

Granny

14. So much truth in that statement. My whole life is given more purpose by working tirelessly with one motive, to change the most glaring injustice in our society. That the plant that could be the healing of nations is demonized so. Hopefully we are close to legalization, I know some states are but others are still possibly decades away. Is that right? Some people have it so well with mmj cards and what not but what about the people still living under constant threat of arrest? What about the people still sitting in prison for the same thing we do every day? I wish there were more big rallies where I live but I still try to make a difference by changing at least one person's opinion on it per day. People wil label you a druggie, a busy body, and all sorts of names but we know in the end we will be proven right. :hello: C'mon people! hold on to what you know is right and true and you will be rewarded greatly for it.

15. Haha I saw this article and posted a comment saying, "Granny's list is all I have to say, blades know what I'm talking about". Thank you Granny for all the hard work you do ! :hello:

16. My mom ate this up just like the IQ "study" and it pains me to know others are buying all this biased propaganda too. Why is this bullshit flying and we still can't get all our facts out to the public?

17. #17 Storm Crow, Sep 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2012
    Eddie, ask her if there were a drug that prevented Alzheimer's, but had the side effect of dropping your IQ a few points over a few decades, would she take it? Would it be worth trading those few IQ points for an intact mind when she's getting older? :rolleyes:

Then show her that first WebMD article! And follow it up by explaining that THC activates the CB1 and CB2 receptors and then hit her with with some real studies that tell what activating the CB receptors can do to that nasty amyloid plaque that gums up your brain!

CB1 cannabinoid receptor activation rescues amyloid β-induced alterations in behaviour and intrinsic electrophysiological properties of rat hippocampal CA1 pyramidal neurones.
    (abst – 2012) CB1 cannabinoid receptor activation res... [Cell Physiol Biochem. 2012] - PubMed - NCBI

Activation of the CB(2) receptor system reverses amyloid-induced memory deficiency.
    (abst – 2012) Activation of the CB(2) receptor system reve... [Neurobiol Aging. 2012] - PubMed - NCBI

Protective effect of cannabinoid CB1 receptor activation against altered intrinsic repetitive firing properties induced by Aβ neurotoxicity. (abst – 2012) Protective effect of cannabinoid CB1 receptor ... [Neurosci Lett. 2012] - PubMed - NCBI

Prolonged oral Cannabinoid Administration prevents Neuroinflammation, lowers beta-amyloid Levels and improves Cognitive Performance in Tg APP 2576 Mice.
    (full – 2012) http://www.jneuroinflammation.com/content/pdf/1742-2094-9-8.pdf

Can the benefits of cannabinoid receptor stimulation on neuroinflammation, neurogenesis and memory during normal aging be useful in AD prevention? (full – 2012)
    [FONT=&quot]Can the benefits of cannabinoid receptor stimulation on neuroinflammation, neurogenesis and memory during normal aging be useful in AD prevention?[/FONT]

And the "biggie"- :D

The activation of cannabinoid CB2 receptors stimulates in situ and in vitro beta-amyloid removal by human macrophages. (abst - 2009)
    The activation of cannabinoid CB2 receptors stimul... [Brain Res. 2009] - PubMed - NCBI

Activating the CB2 receptors gets your body's "clean up crew" cells (macrophages) REMOVING the amyloid plaque! :hello:

Granny :wave:

18. yeah this is a substance that has been proven to kill, stop, or at the very least slow down canser? why would it suddenly start causing TC in people? it must have a mind of its own too know when its a good time for canser and when it isnt.....

19. This is what I don't get about the IQ study. IQ is based on how much a person knows at a certain point in their life, where (arbitrary comparison commencing) a score of 200 as a 10 year old would equate to a 100 at 20. That person didn't get any less intelligent, they just stopped learning at 10 because they knew more than enough to get by until 20.

That doesn't imply the person will never get smarter, it just says they've got more to know at their current age than they did 10 years ago. And honestly, having taken a few IQ tests myself, it looks like if you know a lot of random crap you score really well.

20. Umm I'm sorry but this is really bugging me. It's canCer... Not canSer.