the last dispensary

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by crippledkiller, Nov 28, 2011.

1. yep, if you look closely at the medical laws in most of the states that have them, they are pretty much impossible to implement nor abide by. Then of course there is the fact that none are legal under federal law. Until federal law changes to either legalize or stipulate specific boundaries for medical use the current experiment of state medical use laws is domed to failure.

2. ohh its worth waiting the 30 seconds...

3. my last post in this thread I'm sure sounded angry (it was) so I will refrain from calling anyone a whiner again but It seems that all those complaining about the cost of medical marijuana have never written a business plan or managed a firm of any kind. I want to remind them that even nonprofits have to pay their employees with all the other costs that go with them such as SSI contributions, hopefully health care, insurances etc. Then there is the cost of their premises, location set up, accounting systems, well the list goes on and on. People need to use what brains they have left after smoking their blunts before ranting about things they have no grasp of.

4. I really respect this post. Not very often do I hear about a grower who is passionate about what he does. It's unique, as the majority of growers I've come across over the years see it as nothing more than a way to cut out a connect. You've got a revolving plan and it reminds me of people I know. Kudos to you for doing what you love and not letting the three years of your life that you'll never get back become a crutch and a reason not to move forward. Trust is something we should give sparingly. The fact that 9/10 people are murdered or abused by those they love, trust, or think they know is the very reason I trust no one. Your experience is a reinforcement of that belief and proof, at least to me, that I'm going about things the right way. Good luck in your endeavor. Peace

5. [quote name='"i GOT FiRE"']
    Do you know how much P's go for at clubs even?[/quote]

Originally Posted by Laith
    Also remember: The dispensaries are sold the weed at whichever price the grower decides to sell it for.
    No they tell you how much they want for it an u take It or leave it cuz they know some one will sell it for that cheap. I had tier 2 stuff that they were trying to give me 1100 a lb. But then I look at the board of tier 2 stuff an zips are 250. Something wrong there.

6. Try growin your own, isn't that hard to do..

7. ^^^^^ that is true, however not everyone has a place to grow in

8. I disagree with everyone here .. the dispensery i used to go to when i lived in CAlifornia and wasnt here in shittty Arizona... sold their shit cheap and it was bomb... Some blue dream was only 30$ an eighth and like 180/ oz they had skywalker OG for 100/quad... which isnt bad cuz its BOMB ... Green crack for only 100$/oz.... even got me some snow cap before i moved out here at 110/oz... all depends on where u go to pick up

9. just curious....are they still in business?

10. [quote name='"bahookahjoe18"']I'm pretty sure I once read OldSkoolGrower say that after he got his setup, it cost him $10 to grow an ounce.

$20 for a gram of flower is ridiculous.[/quote]

Out door its about 30 cents a gram to grow and in doors is about 1.50

11. That's a baseless estimation.

12. Anything $20/g is really overpriced. Its fine now cause nobody minds they'd rather smoke than complain as long as they legalize it I guess I don't care if it stays the same price. Just let them do what they want till its legal. Then grow it yourself. 2lbs every 3 months is easy when growing. I don't think you will care about dumb dispensary prices then lol The reason prices are so high now really is because its still a risk business for growers. They get shut down/raided/jailed all the time and they want it to be worth the risk. Understandable really.

13. confiscated home $250,000
    confiscated equipment $15,000
    3yrs imprisonment
    5yrs probation priceless

all costs in yr 2000 dollars American

next time you hear a complaint about $20 grams please refer to this post

14. 20 a gram is still highway robbery for a plant.

15. I think we can all agree that weed is much more than any ordinary plant. It takes MUCH more care than just any regular plant to get it perfect.

16. [quote name='"Mr Outsider"']

I think we can all agree that weed is much more than any ordinary plant. It takes MUCH more care than just any regular plant to get it perfect.[/quote]

Ooooh really? It costs more to produce some vegetables than it does weed, yet weed is ten fold the price.

Sure its effects are desired, but you can live without weed, not without food

There really is no argument beyond legal risk for the price and then, its your choice to risk it.... you don't have to grow or sell weed.... remember? I understand an inflation for risk, but inflation is like 20x right now, sometimes more.... or dispensaries selling at 20/g? They can easily produce a gram for less than a dollar with the size of their operations.... then sell it for 20 lol, atleast they can argue they pay taxes and bills, but are still federally illegal, so why the hell is some street shit 20 a gram? No reason other than greed, that's what

17. I don't think you've ever grown based on that statement.

18. #79 Mr Outsider, Dec 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2011
    So your telling me you have never been greedy? I mean of course you can say its greedy. But the ENTIRE U.S is greedy. Things are expensive now days and when your risking your home and life to provide weed to people you will never see. Its hard not to be greedy. STREET prices are the ones that are overpriced. There selling shit they stole or grew in there house that is of less quality for the same price as dispensaries. I would expect weed to be 20/g at a despensery (legal) but not some illegal shit off the street. They arent taking good care of there plants, mostly dont know the name or where it came from ect... They probably just bought it in lbs the day b4 for 1100 and sold it to some guy for 1400 who sold it in qwops for ect... now that is greed. At least the "legal" growers worked for there 20/g

Ill admit I dont know how easy growing hydroponically is in bulk. Sure growing two plants inside your closet is easy. But growing for a dispensery in cali outdoors with constant weather changes animals poachers thief's federal laws. It is a FULL time job and to say otherwise is ignorant. I mean it all depends really. Alot of growers do not make that much money, im sure some do and it just depends on the situation and the people growing.

Im not trying to argue just discuss. Sorry if i came off as pompous. its just like the iphone situation tho. Food is necessary and therefore requires people to be cheaper. Weed is illegal mostly and a luxury for most of us not a medicine. If the "medical" system wasn't mostly a sham then yeah 20/g is crazy. But most of us dont actually use it for that. obviously or else we would be vaping and not bonging lol

19. I'm connected with people who grow outdoors in California.

They do make that much money.