the last dispensary

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by crippledkiller, Nov 28, 2011.

1. [quote name='"Laith"'] Dude you hate on everyone. First a marine for losing his life, and then a dispensary for making a tiny bit of profit.

You really think they get sold the weed at some magic price?[/quote]

So true. As long as the Feds terrorize dispensaries, there will be no cheaper weed. Once it gets competitive (I.E complete legalization) then we will talk 5/gram for dank

2. End of the day, the person who grows weed for dispensaries if its not grown there itself could just go flip his pound on the street to someone he knows for so much more then he could to the MMJ dispensarie...

thats where the system is flawed....every1 in america has 2 things on there mind...money and power lets be real

from this thread all i have gathered is that we basically have no chance, to many fucking idiots out there who fuck the whole thing up for those who are knowledgeable about the system

it really could easily be fixed if everyone didnt try to find a loophole in the system...even a patient can find a loophole and become a patient when he has no real need for a MMJ card although i believe any1 should be able to get 1 for the green....

3. On the whole "we have no chance"

where have you been? Have you not seen the momentum added to cannabis within the last 4-5 years..... because before that, for decades it was the same shit, now its moving forward

We have a GREAT chance, and just an fyi, the mmj system im itself is a loophole.... its a beneficial loophole some people figured out how to use to usher in legalization.... Lol up until what, 2 years ago the mmj system was nothing more than a "damn i wish i had mmj" now its a matter of "when am i going to go get my mmj card"

and as for no real need to have the card, who are you to decide how someone uses cannabis, if it improves their way of life, they need it if you ask me

4. This business is not allowed to make money! This business is not allowed to make money! this business is not allowed to make money!!!!

Almost everyone in this thread has little to no clue when it comes to the way dispensaries are ran. They can not be run like a business, because they are not allowed to profit. Doing a little calculations in your head, it doesn't take long to figure out most dispensaries are raping the customers by selling $60 8ths. Even taking into account labor costs and all that.

5. Ive had to explain this to people SO many times... they are like "no dude its legit at 20 a gram, its super high quality and they deserve the profit"

Sure, they deserve it, but they legally CANT HAVE IT sooooooo thats how it works lol...

Then people act like dispensaries should ignore that law.... not realizing that leads to all of them being fucking shut down.....

damn

6. Case in point
    Something tells me that if the dispensaries comply with the laws, then they aren't going to be "terrorized" nearly as much by the Feds. If they ran like they were supposed to, the Feds would have almost no money to seize. And imagine that, if they complied with the laws, the bud would actually be cheaper!

Not trying to rip on APX or anything, it's just that almost everyone in this thread has a similar attitude, that dispensaries aren't in the wrong at all. That is not the case.

7. When you can walk to the venice boardwalk as a tourist, use your hotels address as your "residence" and get a card without even a california state license in 20 minutes - it looks really bad on the idea that it's "medicine" to most people.

Honestly, some of these places deserve to be shut down for their highway robbery. I was paying 60 an 8th PLUS tax in some places. That's more than what I pay on the street here, and for honestly - average quality herb.

Not all dispensaries are like that, obviously. A friend of mine works in one that caps at 45 an 8th. Still expensive - but much more reasonable.

8. I'm pretty sure I once read OldSkoolGrower say that after he got his setup, it cost him $10 to grow an ounce.

$20 for a gram of flower is ridiculous.

9. I grow for profit, I do not sell to clinics. I do have sympathy for those "patients" who do not have property or the physical ability to grow for themselves. But I for one am sick of those medical users bitching about how clinic operators who are taking all the risks from start up costs, security costs imposed on them by local/city governments, paying state and city taxes and employing people from the local communities are some how charging too much. What utter nonsense. God forbid they make a dime. Even a non-profit has to pay out the above noted costs, and they need reserve funds to keep the doors open. Do you whiners believe that all those involved in the business of providing your medicine should be paid minimum wages for your personal benefit? Then there is the people posting that some doctors are to blame because they write scrips that they in their (the posters) wisdom believe don't qualify as appropriate. Marijuana does have certain medical benefits that is sure, but to think that it should be legal just for those with medical needs is so fucked up. I for one just want to kick you whiners in the sack. Oh why oh why won't you risk all your property and prison so I can have your wares cheaply you cry. I say fuck you. And guess what..I sell nice buds for $250 an ounce with a 4oz minimum purchase just like I did 11 yrs ago before I did 3ys in the feds. None of my customers bitch about the prices or the minimum order, so if you don't like your clinic's prices, go back to the street. Until then, put as much effort into legalizing as you do into whining.

10. 250 an oz isn't bad lol. That's $32 an 1/8th. It's not decriminalized where I'm at, so normal prices here are $50-60 an 1/8th and around $300-350 an oz about $1k-1.5k a qp and $3k-3.7k a lb.

I've heard of some of my friends that sell, paying up to $4k for a single lb. (makes them dumbasses for buying it)

11. [quote name='"Cocakilla"']250 an oz isn't bad lol. That's $32 an 1/8th. It's not decriminalized where I'm at, so normal prices here are $50-60 an 1/8th and around $300-350 an oz about $1k-1.5k a qp and $3k-3.7k a lb.

I've heard of some of my friends that sell, paying up to $4k for a single lb. (makes them dumbasses for buying it)[/quote]

Yea 180-250 are normal club oz prices here. I can get an oz "illegally" for 160 though that's the same quality haahahaha

12. Dispensaries are non profit which means they have no extra money for stuff like that. All extra money goes back to the community after they pay the bills

13. [quote name='"welker 420"']

Dispensaries are non profit which means they have no extra money for stuff like that[/quote]

Money for what lol

14. I'm happy for you! the clinic prices in my area goes from around 250 to upwards of 400 depending on quality.
    Quality(high THC levels) in the most important factor for my customers.If I had to adjust my prices downward I would, but I don't have to at this time.

Most importantly, I would GLADLY give up my life of crime and sole income if weed were to be legalized.

15. Dwamn!! I wish I could get an oz for under $200. 200 is the price of half n oz where i'm at.

16. $25 1/8
    $200 > ounces

All Dank, Ohh yeah Colorado baby!

17. I loled

Not like there'd be much profit in it for you if it were legalized. You'd be growing for yourself from what I've read so far.

You did 3 years?

What are you doing differently this time around to not go to jail?

18. #58 Scribbles510, Dec 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2011
    Damn, I didn't realize you guys got such good deals (from the clubs I mean, I knew street prices were solid) out in CO. It's like 360/oz if you want the top shelf in CA. That's why it's so ridiculous to me, street prices are almost half that of the club when you buy an OZ. Top shelf bud on the street you can find for like 200 if you look around a bit. For the mid-shelf stuff, it's about 250/oz at the club and about 150/oz on the street. What the hell?

19. as I stated I would gladly give up my sole income (cause everybody would grow their own) I'm 56yrs old and it has been my lifetime desire to see legalization...not decriminalization or medical use laws. I have been a toker since I was 13.

Yes I did 3 yrs ...11 years ago

I have no partners. My last and only partner was a trusted childhood friend,
    what a mistake that was. I trust no one but my wife of 33yrs. I have a 25 grand investment in my grow room. I do limited grows of around 15 to 20 lbs and then shut down for 6months. I only sell to a handful of people all whom I have known for many years. there are no givens in this line of work but I love to do it. you gotta love the life you live and you gotta live the life you love, up here on cloud nine.

20. #60 Kronny, Dec 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2011
    The dispensaries are not legal. In none of the MMJ laws I have read does is say that it is legal to buy, sell or trade your MMJ. They are going for a loophole that isnt there. The only way it would work is if they got a bunch of people to give their cards to them, then they grow for said patients but the laws in my state say you can only be a caregiver{grower} for two other people besides yourself. So it wouldnt really help.