the last dispensary

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by crippledkiller, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Would you people just grow the hell up .go to cl health and beauty.payed 5.50$ per g once you've built up a repor..trust blabla took me 3 buys and 1 week..

2. I completely agree here. The first time I heard some of the prices, I was like, wtf? Thats what street prices are. Then you hear most of these growers talk and it's all about profit. :confused:

3. Cost of a lawyer to defend the charges the DEA just laid on them? Bail money.

Most people don't consider these one of their business expenses, it is, unfortunately. I'm not saying all these places aren't making any money, or even that they couldn't do better by their patients.

Chances are dispensary owners and their employees will face tougher sentences than your local illegal pot dealer would.

4. Weed just needs to be legal all the way around the board. People should be allowed to have that sheisse in their backyard, and it should be just like some guy growing potatoes or tomatoes in their yard. No big deal.

5. Sorry bub, but in reality, you have no idea what I think.
    My post was not directed toward over-the-counter medications such as Tylonol, but rather towards drugs like Lexapro or Tetracycline.

If you think the only cost associated with drug development is production, you are sorely mistaken. These drugs can cost millions of dollars to perfect and create, as opposed to Marijuana which costs $200 for a nice grow set-up.

Those drugs are INVENTIONS like the wheel or the cell-phone, therefor those companies deserve to sell their invention for whatever price as long as the patent is still in effect.

No grower or dispensary dares to claim to have invented Marijuana, and Marijuana does not require a chemistry degree to create and produce. That is but one reason as to why Pharmaceuticals deserve higher profit margins.

Oh, you know for a fact that they test all drugs in foreign countries? That's funny because I have friends who are practically Pharmaceutical Company Lab rats for a living, and they make surprisingly good money.

I was an Econ Major, I am well aware of how a business works, but as many people have already mentioned, Medical Marjuana is supposed to be non-profit.

6. Do you know how much P's go for at clubs even?

7. this. I'm moving to the oregon coast in about 7 months and i'll be dicked if i'm paying 60% for an 1/8th.
    I'm hopefully going to find someone that can grow for me and was thinking it'd be more like 20-30$ for an outside plant and 30-50$ for an indoor plant. If i'm paying 60$ an eighth i might as well just go back on percocet, although marijuana actually does a better job of releving the pain.

8. Your reasoning is a marvelous thing to ponder. Have you ever been to a dispensary? The ones making huge bucks have security up the wazoo and are very clearly for profit. And what does it even mean to not be for profit in the marijuana industry?

It works like this. Dude grows weed. Dude goes to dispensary and sells his weed to the dispensary. He makes a profit on the sale, except they don't call the "transaction" a transaction, they call it a donation of weed in return for a donation from the dispensary, to help the grower out. This use of technical and legal lingo is to protect both parties. Problem is, you can call it whatever you want, but it is what it is.

So, small time drug dealer hides behind a card and sells his product to dispensaries. He rakes in 20k every 2 weeks. The dispensary breaks up his "product" and sells it in smaller amounts for....ding, ding, ding....profit!

Dispensary pays itself well. Owner buys new cars, houses, and like any smart "businessman," he opens a few more dispensaries. He uses the word dispensary like he uses the word transaction, but it's all clearly a front.

Now, you want to talk about not for profit, then you're talking dude grows weed, gives a portion of his grow to the dispensary. Dispensary makes up a small donation amount like 5-10 dollars for like 5 grams. The people seeking the medicine, are actually terminally I'll or were seen by a dr who wasnt writing 50 recommendations a day. For those in the most need, the medicine could be provided for free. Bottom line, system is broken.

It needs to fixed at the top, ie state level before we can see a change on the bottom.

9. I dont get it, How can police raid dispensaries? If its legal, wtf are they looking for???

10. If anything you should be glad that a dispensary is selling at street prices. Getting from a dispensary is the only legal way to buy, so they can do as they please. It's also a business, businesses need to make money.

11. It's illegal under nation law. This means that the DEA can raid any dispensary in America, no matter what kinds of licensing the owners may have.

12. Very much so

and they can bring along local PD if necessary too for detainment at the station while they continue looking through your shit and such things

they collaborate but the cops wont be the ones doing the punishing, that federal ass rape court that does that to ya

13. wow my 2 cents here.....all i see is people complaining about dispensaries and their prices and i cant believe that there are legal patients who have no way of getting their meds! because of dispensaries getting shut down, the way i see you should all be thankfull you are or were able to buy safely at a dispensary, they got bills to pay too and a profit to make. grow your own and all the bs would be a thing of the past, and most of all i just dont understand how can you be a legal patient and not have access....craigslist? friends? com'on and you are legal wow! im blown away by some things i see here....... BE THANKFULL YOU CAN BUY LEGALLY IF YOU DONT LIKE IT DONT BITCH!!! GROW YOUR OWN.

14. Lol they overprice you so much because they get taxed harder than everyone in this thread combined tenfold. Man u are all ungrateful fuckheads i live in ohio and i pay decent prices but ur not driving it back criminal status. Tbh i would donate my left testical to have a dispensary around me all i got are lick ass dealers who eventually run dry. Its like running circles backwards

15. You are aware its out of some patients capabilities to grow weed right?

We dont all own our own property (if you are renting, its up to the landlord if he/she wants to let you grow, if they says no, its illegal), we dont all have the use of our entire body, we dont all have the time/space

consider everything before you make us all look like assholes for thinking weed should be affordable if you cant grow

16. im aware of all of that but we arent talking about anybodies specific case here, and most of all im just giving out ways around it.......some of us will go to jail if caught even for a gram....just think about that....there are only so many "legal" states and how many of us that need the medicine? im just saying people should be thankfull for having legal ways around it.

17. Lol let me explain to you how "awesome" it is

I am on probation for a charge involving 0 drugs whatsoever, charges are being differed by 12 months probo

I cant smoke weed, and i have a med card

Fuckin sweet isnt it, how they can STILL find loopholes too make people unable to medicate when the crime was COMPLETELY unrelated to cannabis, and had nothing to do with it

AND to top it off, the allegations are completely false, i proved the falseness of them in court, with STRONG evidence, and no one gave a fuck, because im a "pot head" regardless of that having NO relation......

but either way, i know what you are saying lol but if you make a legal system, expect the clients to have the right to bitch about prices, thats part of a business model

18. dude i feel sorry for you in your case but again we arent talking about nobody in specific........i do understand your point of view....its just like when they said card holders arent allowed to buy guns.....hopefully things go your way so you can medicate without problems.

19. It never works our (stoners) way when the legal system is involved unfortunately.

Im trying to get a letter of authorization but the only doc i can afford to see on the insurance is NOT down with weed so im trying to gather some resources for a legit doctor that knows the truth about weed lol

20. i hear you bro...im in fl and i have to deal with dealers their way all the time....but anyways hope you get your resources together.....its always something isnt it....regardless of where you are legal or not.