Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

The land of the free?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Sherak, Oct 18, 2011.

1. I love GC and I love you guys, its kind of like my little window to the States which is a very interesting and intriguing place. But one thing that concerns me is the ammount of drug testing talk going down. Parents are testing, jobs are testing, schools are testing.

From reading threads in here it would appear that in certain situations you guys are seriously oppresed and the vision of the this... America 'the land of the free' has been somewhat tarnish over the time spent on here.

In the UK drug tests are not common, certainly with parents and schools and even in the workplace, unless you are doing a safety critical job and even in these instances its rare. It is definalty a infringment of your human rights. I worry that the trend in the US may come over here and make our fine isle as oppressing as the states appear to be.

Thoughts?

2. "Land of the free" is a bit of a joke. We are free within the boundaries that our state and national governments want us to be in. So if you want to call that free, go ahead. I can't really complain though. America is a great place to live and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. As long as you're smart, you won't be caught with weed.

3. Ok in the UK we don't have drug tests asmuch, but pretty much every other aspect of our lives is monitored obsessively

4. Yah don't get the wrong idea about all this drug testing from threads. Because you aren't going to see people posting "hey I didn't get drug tested" or else everyone would just troll them. Many jobs do drug test but not all of them. My current one doesn't and I drive around all day. And plus not everyones parents are as crazy as some of the ones u hear about on here(drug testing often) most parents don't drug test their kids. Same thing with schools. You just got to recognize that your only hearing the side of the story of people that had something worthy to post(for the most part)

5. "None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." -Goethe

Land of the free is just a facade.

6. I kinda look at a lot of people as being brain washed by the media. Americans simply don't like illegal drugs because the media tells them they don't like them despite the facts. Its a sad day when you cant come up with your own opinions.

But most schools and parents don't test. I personally don't know any one that was tested by their parents and a lot of jobs do test but you can just pick a field that doesn't and they normally only test once when hired.

7. Welcome to the club. Big Brother is ALWAYS watching here.

Damn straight! We are oppressed and controlled to a rediculous level but the American government is the master of lies and propaganda. Its basically stockholm syndrom around here.

8. [quote name='"anonymous911"']"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."[/quote]

80% of the population has no idea what goes on behind closed doors. I'm surounded by people that can't see through religion, politics, t.v., everything... Just because you're told something doesn't make it true. You have to use your own brain and do your own research, not follow these fuckers. Most people these days are like fucking zombies... "Okay, I'll believe everything you say because I don't know what else to believe." Come to your own conclusions.

9. How is a parent testing their kid oppressive or an infringement of rights? If my kid was fucking up or getting into trouble and I suspected it was because of drugs, you better believe I'm going to test them.

10. #10 Muphin, Oct 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2011
    Love you too man :smoke: (gotta share the love peeps)
    Anyways, America is in fact quite an intriguing country, I feel like we're just on a big petri dish for observation as a whole. A large amount of America and American lifestyle can be summed up in a saddening noun: sensationalism. As a country we have syndicated many of our habits and tastes with that of which the media and other large outlets of information give us. When our news turns on, it hardly discusses government legislation for important bills moving around, being propelled by large corporate companies that need said bills to reinforce their main job: to maximize profits. That's where the media comes in, the media that is owned by conglomerate corporations that have their hands in several businesses, and with their massive outlet for spreading information, they can send out sensational stories that will captivate the typical person, such as a story about a box full of kittens found near a trashcan. Meanwhile, due to the first amendment and the fact that they own the media they distribute, they can deliver asymmetric information (Information asymmetry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) to the masses, allowing them to skew how the watcher sees matters at hand, therefore with a discrete combination of sensationalism and information asymmetry large corporations can allow media to give them the financial advantage at the expense of corrupting the minds of their own countrymen.

TL;DR the reason we have drug testing and other nonsensical and frankly idiotic methods of deterrence from "bad things like drugs" is because our minds are filled by the telecommunications industry bullshit that is uploaded by the corporate masterminds that want us to buy their shit, shit meaning both sensational distracting BULL SHIT as well as their actual product from which they profit from (typically anything you can buy at Walmart, including but not limited to prescription drugs which are one of the largest proponents for media brainwashing.

Sorry that my tl;dr may not be short enough for ignorant or lazy people : (

Never stop the pursuit of knowledge my fellow blades. Question everything. Never quit learning!

EDIT: Somehow the one corporation name I typed hyperlinked itself after I submitted my post. Amazing how syndicated these corporations can make themselves.

11. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFZrzg62Zj0&feature=feedrec_grec_index]OMG WHO THE HELL CARES! - YouTube[/ame]

12. Sure we are free. Free to do what ever we are told to do.

13. The truth is "freedom of ownership," and the right to govern yourself is completely a false statement.
    I don't understand what would be so bad about finding "Thc," in your system where as for codeine or oxycodone. Marijuana has never harmed a human being, and the more drug tests we use the more money we are wasting on pointless things. It is said that 80% of lab tests find Marijuana and only Marijuana, they actually are stopping the drug tests soon because it's just wasting 100's of thousands of dollars just to find something as harmless as marijuana in the system.

14. #14 CannaToker1992, Oct 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2011
    You sounds like a real dickhead.

--Name calling is not allowed here--

15. There are employers that drug test over here on this side of the pond but it really isn't as bad as you think. Most places test once when your hired and thats it, I know people where everyone they work with blazes and it's no big deal.

16. Why do you say that?

17. idk man... Ive never been drug tested. You only get drug tested if you fuck up or are applying for a job.

So i mean it sucks but it KINDA makes a little sense. They should just take THC off of what theyre looking for in these tests.

I dont want a fucking heroin junky working for me...

18. There was a time I would defend the US and its freedom. I love the US and I love the American peoples. But our government is the most embarrassing thing about our country. And it makes me sad when we have our soldiers fighting for this piece of fuck government.

19. We're killing ourselves... The government sends us to war so we can fucking kill each other. What does the government need oil for? It's all bullshit, I can not fucking believe you guys are so clueless. Why do these assholes want to kill us? What the fuck's wrong with them? Why can't everybody just light up a fat one?

20. I was thinking the same, Ide love to go to America, And i always wanted to move there when I was a kid.. But I heard someone on about the Police coming to your school with sniffer dogs to make sure no one had anything on them..