The Ladies in their Final Pots

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Spanishfly, Jun 15, 2006.

1. very nice,fly. looks like we're at about the same pace. you're not thinking of chopping before the end of the month, are you?

2. Hi, deadold, I have just now had my first look at the trichomes, I snip off a bud leaf to do this.

I chop when the trichomes are about a third amber. Two of the girls are beginning to show amber. One has hardly any trichomes at all as yet.

It must be at least a week before I chop anything at all. This is when I get nervous of rippers. Although the ladies are on my roof terrace people can climb over from next door, or the house the other side - although my neighbours themselves are as good as gold.

3. High Fly! Yes, well done. Peace, TBug

4. i'm starting to worry a bit myself. thinking of sleeping outside with them. the smell is starting to drift quit a ways with the sun cooking. never know...
    i've read on some grow guides about optimum timing, not sure i follow that line of thinking. i personally like to wait for the big crystals.
    i'll take some close ups in a few days. any chance you can get close-up of ur buds?

5. Yes, mine are making a better smell than ever this year - it must drift a bit. Hope it doesn´t reach any rippers.

But one is a bit farther on than I first thought. A few more of the trichomes are amber, at least a quarter - I am mulling over whether I should chop it - get at least one safely locked away.

6. Hey SP, I recommend letting them grow a little bit more before you chop, the buds get A LOT bigger in the last 1-2 weeks.

Although taking one a little bit early wouldn't hurt ;)

We need some close up Macro shots of the buds :D

7. What do you mean by the last 2 weeks? Last 2 weeks before what???

When they are about a third amber is when I like to chop, have done for years.

8. pics of the buds please fly!... so we can better see the buds readyness

9. lord...everyone is begging for some close-ups.

10. fly, what was the height (in inches por pavor) of that mama.

11. About 5´ or so, she was tied down. But very bushy.

12. yes, they look very bushy...more so than my raggady girls. one down ? to go?

13. hola fly, not been on GC for a while but i thought id check in to see how your women are doing. looking excellent from what i can see! im envious. although even if i lived near you i wouldnt dream of ripping them! ive been keeping wraps on my friends plants which are looking petty in comparisant to yours!

well done and good luck for the harvest
    fisher

14. three to go.

Hey, fisher, long time since you were last here. Thanx for the kind comments.

15. Couple of pics of the next girl to come down. She has some amber trichomes but not enough yet. Be a little while before she gets the chop.

Attached Files:

16. looking good,fly. this one looks better than the one you already chopped. (i'm limited to photo)

17. This next is the biggest of the four. But the one I am trimming now is so dank and sticky - my pussy cat is going mad over the smell.

18. <TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 1205997" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>Spanishfly</TD><TD class=alt2>Quote:
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by deadoldman [​IMG]
    looking good,fly. this one looks better than the one you already chopped. (i'm limited to photo)
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

This next is the biggest of the four. But the one I am trimming now is so dank and sticky - my pussy cat is going mad over the smell.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I grabbed a couple pcs of bud that fell off my plants ......DEERS....anyway ......i was holding a bushel of bud ....like a handfull (6 oz wet) ...after about 10 mins of holding the shit in my hand i put weed down and i noticed my hand was black with resin.....i could almost literally climb walls like spiderman.......LOL.......buds vs spiderman....id take the buds first..........they call it hippy crack... i call it MMMMMMMMMMM.:eek: :eek: :eek:

19. Lookin good fly. Good luck with harvest!:smoking: