The Kush Closet

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by High as Space, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Started the flush a few days ago. The effects on the leafs happened pretty quickly. Been a few days and the leafs are getting pale and yellowish more and more. Going to be chopping in about a week.

Here are some pics..

I think these first 5 are all OG 18

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Headband...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

:yummy:

2. subbed :smoke:

whats your temps like dude? buds looking frosty :ey:

3. high 88 and low 65... i think the temp/light intensity is what is causing the burnt looking skinny tops on some of them. and due to the fact that it is that cold im sure that is making them take longer.

I am hoping for over a pound out of this.

4. ya...you know im thinking some low temps might have something to do with mine as well..:mad: ya i was just wondering cuz they were looking a little heated, shouldnt be possible with that much FROST on them though....:laughing:

pound would be wicked, good luck dude:yay:

5. Those are fucking beautiful man! Nice fat buds there! You are gonna be real sticky chopping that down.:D

6. I was thinking of going with a heater, but too late now :rolleyes:

Maybe the heat is adding to the frost? :smoking:

not looking forward to an all day trim session.. last time took me like 10 hours for a Lb

7. quit lyin.....:poke: your looking forward to it :D

8. :ey:

Your right. I have been prepping for the day. Getting myself a nice table and chair to stay comfortable for the entirety of it.

Smoking on some of my cataract kush from awhile ago... got some real age on her now. :yummy: :bongin:

9. Very nice. Connoiaaeur genetics hit the nail on that one. of everything i had...that was the stoniest jn the closet amazing strain

10. You've got some real nice tree's over there man. Bud's are looking beautiful!

As for your low temperature of 65... Is that during lights off?? Because I would think that isn't too bad if it is. It's the 23 degree difference that is causing the issue, right?

11. yeah its with lights off. and yeah i wouldnt think it would be any good for them to have that much of a difference between lights on/off. I think that the temp. difference, water temp, and an air cooled light and maybe and increase in co2 are the things i need to improve on to become ideal.

12. Changed the water out today for the last time. The water that came out was at 30 ppm.... i refreshed it at 6.0 pH 12ppm... They will be dead by tuesday.

Here are some pics

OG 18

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Headband

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Ima guess about 14-16 zips dry. Looks awesome man! Good job I'm sure it will be worth all your time and effort when you got a bottomless supply of bowl packs.:D

14. Man I'm going to be studying this grow...

All this yield off of TWO plants under 400 WATTS??? Man that's great, I'm guessing your scrog method helped a lot but how much so compared to if you had done LST instead? Did the hydro have as large of a part in creating high yield as I'm thinking or is it just your preffered method?

Thanks and AWESOME job!

15. Incredible nugs bro, I love it!

16. #77 High as Space, Nov 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2012
    I LST everytime i scrog. Always Started LSTing very young, just to get them filled up enough to fill up the screen. essentially if i had a very low scrog screen, id be LSTing with the screen itself.

And i do think going hydro has a very big part to do with it. As i said earlier the conditions are everything... If i had a water heater, more co2, cooler temps, and a farther away less hot light id almost be ideal.

Going dwc creates a lot more root space for them. with soil and other mediums, they take up a lot of root space. My 5 gal bubble buckets have almost 5 gal worth of root space. Im not sure if having excessive amounts of bubbles will be better, but this time i have more than twice the amount of bubbles happening as long as both airstones in each bucket are working. I imagine that the bubbles become dissolved oxygen in the water, rather than the bubbles oxygenating the roots themselves. Hydro also allows you to give your plants what they need, without any more/less. But, thats chemical... essentially you can do the same with organics that dont burn/overfeed.

Hopefully ive got over a pound brewing in here again! may be cutting tomorrow morning :eek:

:smoke:

:wave:

17. I just re-read it all and saw your response and it's a great one! It makes a ton of sense...
    Since I'm so new to this I'm gonna hold off on my first grow and do soil but it seems worth it to learn how to grow hydro like this, hopefully I could start by a second or third grow with something like yours as a model.

I'd never thought to LST before SCROG, is there a particular source you turned to to figure it all out or was it your collective experience? I'm still not too sure on the SCROG process but reading posts like yours make it something to learn about.

18. If you ever want to learn exactly how to do your first hydro SCRoG I highly recommend checking out this thread:

http://forum.grasscity.com/hydroponic-grow-journals/1086860-trms-first-setup-8-4-12-thanks-tesmp.html

This guy was walked through by another fantastic grower, like HaS;), and it is very comprehensive!

:wave:

19. Looks great!!!