The Kotton Mouth Kings

Discussion in 'General' started by ColorGrenade, Apr 28, 2007.

1. Please God let this whole Jesus thing be true.....

And allow me not to be the only one who despises the noise of the Kotton Mouth Kings...

Their lyrics are far from thought provoking and at some times do not make sense at all, their m.c. abilities lack flow, and the same beat makes it in to many different songs. Now I understand they represent the marijuana sub culture, and this is something I look down upon..

LSD had Harvard professors advocating responsible use......We have the Kotton Mouth Kings.....

Now I know we have many highly regarded individuals such as william Buckley, Marc Emery, and Ed Rosenthal, however I believe if you ask a marijuana user if they know these people its a good chance they wont, It seems everyone is at least aware of the kmk, whether they choose to or not....

I apologize in advance if you are offended by this, If so, please disregard this and continue your day.....

To digress for a moment......This photo was taken from the area in the mountains I choose to trip in. I was looking at it whilst tripping and thought that it looked like Jesus with his arms across his chest wearing sun glasses....Just chilling......I still see it now.....Can you?

[​IMG]

2. sick pic. and i do dislike Kottonmouth Kings also. not as much as you do, but definitely do not like them.

3. I could see how it may seem that i dislike them a bit to much, but i live in so cal. and it seems like they are as huge as the beatles(thank god im wrong) but the whole srh,kmk image is HUGE out here.....

I live with it all day long........

4. i couldn't agree with you more man.

5. yeah, i live in SoCal also. thankfully, i hang out with people who for the most part have good taste in music, so i dont hafta listen to them very much.

6. not a fan of kmk at all, theyre stuffs mainly annoying unless im ripped and somebody else puts it on. but i do like one song from them alot, tangerine sky. such a chill song.

7. My sister listens to that shit constantly when I'm riding in her car. I hate that shit.

8. Thats funny out of nowhere i decided to dl some of thier music an hour ago. It only has 8 seeders so i guess they arent vy popular

9. who cares if you like them or not. its personal preference. take a bong toke.

10. I though this was going to be a KMK love thread. I have seen them live but don't get moved by that style.

11. Forreal. Ima stay down for my Krown weither or not you or anyone else dislikes the Kings.

12. Tried listening to them once, wasn't my thing, I moved on.

13. a few of those fools live like 3 blocks from the house i grew up in i like there music its chill, but as far as mucisianship (sp?) yeah they lack but they all are chill as fuck, backstage passes for weed:hello:

14. They're pretty bad in my opinion, but if someone enjoys it and wants to listen to it i can tolerate it.

15. i love this video :rolleyes:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HpnFOzQaSPE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HpnFOzQaSPE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

16. what's up w/ that one dude who wears the mask?

17. They have some pretty good songs, but they're very repetetive and sometimes just annoying. Most people I know just laugh at their music/videos/persona :confused_2:

18. Outside of being pro-marijuana I have dont have much to say about kmk. Im not a fan. They suck less than some of the other groups out there so they dont top my list of music to hate.

I thought it was funny that you brought up Narc Emery as a good pot role model. Your talking about a guy who has posted names and addresses of seed breeders when they complained about him not paying them for the seeds they fronted him. Not to mention his comments about having sex with underage girls and having sex with his friends wife while his friend was in jail.

With that said, Id smoke a bowl with kmk before Id even stand in the same room as Marc the Narc Emery.

19. ive been smoking for 4 yrs and ive never heard there music or seen there albums in stores :confused:

20. the guys themselves seem cool, but as far as their music, i think it sucks.

except for that song Tangerine Sky, which is fucking amazing!