The Killing Of Otto Warmbier

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Praetorian, Jun 21, 2017.

1. Lol you high man? Stealing a poster won't get you "hard time" in America :laughing:

We don't even know for sure that he did steal the stupid thing. All they had was an extremely blurry video and a "confession".

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1

2. I think you might be conflating two very majorly different issues.

Of course you shouldn't take anything off the walls in a theocratical dictatorship like North Korea, but of course they shouldn't imprison and kill you for it. In this case we don't even know if he even took the poster. Regardless if he did or not, he was killed for being an American. Not for a vicious crime.

It is weird and concerning how many people in the American 1st world are like "YEAH FUCK THAT KID , HE TOOK A POSTER!" It makes me wonder if people are capable of gauging crime and punishment humanely at all.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Who the hell would be up in arms if someone stole a poster in America? Or specifically in the white house like that fucking matters... he sure as hell wouldn't get killed and it wouldn't make news and he'd be back to living his normal life in no time.... I don't get why you think Americans would say off with his head over some stupid shit like a poster....

You keep on over reaching though buddy

Robs New Journal RQS SQ#1 Clones

• Like Like x 4
  4. Exactly I mean hell all we got to see was some potentially fake ass video footage that doesn't really show shit that can prove it was him you know minus the forced confession after god knows how much torture.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yea, you are wrong here man.

I agree, it's Fucking reaaaaaly dumb to try to steal some shit from NK of all places...

But his death is not ok, and if it happened in America, in the white house, there's no way people would be "up in arms for his death".

It just wouldn't happen.

Do you really think America is comparable to NK in almost any way, especially fairness to its citizens??

Lol, that's funny

• Like Like x 1
  6. I'm pretty blown right now. :smoke: Anytime is hard time. If you stole a poster or photo in the White House as a foreigner what do you think the punishment would be? Pretty damn harsh. Can't say what would happen behind closed doors here. Good point, we don't know what he did. But the story says he did and that's what I'm going off of and what I believe. I mean why lie? They obviously are not scared of war, they try to shoot missles at us all the time.

Of course he doesn't deserve to die. But he had to know that was going to happen. You think they care about rational thinking and punishment? Why him, they have other Americans, he had to do something. And stealing a poster of their beloved leader their god pretty much would be seen as vicious to them I'd think. If they were keen on just killing people for being America, every American who steps foot there would be dead. I think he did more than take the poster, tried to play the American Me, and paid the ultimate price.

7. Have you watched any of the news lately or been to any anti-trump pro trump rallies. People are getting stabbed and stomped for saying fuck trump or showing support for him. Imagine defiling a poster of his in the White House, let him loose into a pro trump crowd. Of course we are not comparable too North Korea but in terms of violence toward each other....Things can and have gotten ugly. Our prison system isn't anything to brag about either. Shawshank redemption anyone.

8. EOE

9. Yes I have watched news here and been to rallys here, I live here.

You are not wrong that people are crazy and violent.

You are just wrong that someone stealing a poster from the white house would be killed.

It would not happen.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. I'm not sure where you are coming from.

On one hand you say of course he doesn't deserve to die, on the other hand you're throwing him under the bus and listing all the things he did wrong, like he wasn't taken prisoner by one of the most dictatorial regimes on the planet.
    If you're not full blown supporting the killing, it seems like you're rationalizing it.

Why would he "Have to know that was going to happen" ? (If he even took it).
    Like I listed in an earlier post, there are several tourist organizations that take around 800 Americans to North Korea every year. He went thinking he was safe because statistically, he was. What does "playing the American Me" mean?

11. #71 HongKongPhooey, Jul 3, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
    It's just Darwinism

Who's stupid enough to steal a propaganda poster from North Korea.

I feel bad for the kid and his family because it's an outrageous way to die.

But how many of those 800 Americans a year steal a propaganda poster and got away with it? Most likely none.

hell you could say North Korea made it up, but then that just reinforces the belief that nobody should go there to begin with. For their own safety.

12. And now that this happened things have changed for their own safety...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...weighs-change-after-warmbier-death/103023202/

• Like Like x 1
  13. the story says he was ACCUSED of it. The video, if you actually watch it, which you should since you seem to want to have an opinion about it, doesn't show much other than someone in a black hoodie taking a poster. Otto didn't even have a black hoodie on him when he went to NK
    And its a very very big stretch to think that someone who steals a poster in the US would be punished like that.
    you know, now that I read your reply again, I realize you have absolutely no clue what your trying to talk about. Do some research on what actually happened here. This is the problem with only using a single source for news. How can you possible have an opinion if you don't know shit about it?

14. But what about that genuine confession he gave on camera? I mean look how smug and casual he was about it.... there is absolutely no way he was being tortured at all nope

15. I know what you mean...he looked so healthy and happy to say "yeah I stole your fucking poster, now kill me motherfucker!!! murica!!! I'm white I don't have to worry.......oh...that was the last time anyone heard a word come out of that kids mouth was in that trial last year. Sad times no doubt.

16. Seems you have no clue what you're talking about and need to do some research since he confessed to it :laughing: Obviously we don't agree on what happened, I gave my view points, I'm done. No need to get so upset about. Why don't you start an gofundme Otto campaign or something of the sort for his family instead of putting all your anger into me. You could gather up all the city member who feel the same and make a donation. :smoke:

17. hah, no I certainly know exactly what I'm talking about. And if you actually buy that "confession" that was made after what, 4 months of god knows what...then good for you I guess. Its really sad, but its okay, stick your head in the sand and plug your ears it will all be over "soon".

• Like Like x 1
  18. The guy should never have gone to North Korea to begin with is really the main point. No matter how many other crazy Americans go there unharmed.

Just like that American girl who went to help refugees in Syria, then got kidnapped and killed.

It just wasn't a good idea. A crazy little dictatorship that is still technically at war with America. Yeah let's go visit that place guys, sounds like a summer adventure.

• Like Like x 1
  19. You're calling the person your defending a liar. So I'm not sure you know what you're talking about... :laughing: Prove he didn't do it. Oh you can't. Maybe you will go to NK and investigate? Or are your feet stuck in quick sand. THE NK PUT IT THERE !

How'd you become such an expert? Are we not watching the same news? Where's the insider scoop?