The Killing Of Otto Warmbier

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Praetorian, Jun 21, 2017.

1. The American people have no say in what happens. They get a choice between a douche and a turd every 4 years. It makes no difference who they elect because only pro warmongering candidates make it onto the ballot paper.

The escalation of the conflict in Afghanistan is not a minor one. It will bring nothing but more pain and suffering to the people of Afghanistan.

Every country the US invaded and occupies is doomed. The US pretends it is spreading democracy but what it is really doing is bringing misery and suffering to the native population.

What bewilders me is how some Americans still believe the propaganda it's government spews.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. He stole a poster of Kimmy.

As harsh as the punishment sounds, it's fucking dumb. Is the brief enjoyment of a practical joke .. worth the potential ass-beating that could possibly follow if you get caught? You know you're going to a country with a tyrannical government, you're going there for educational purposes.. and if you follow the rules.. guess what? You'll come back alive .. and you can brag about it and upload the videos to Youtube.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war

4. If I was there I would have stolen a poster too at least. It's irrational dumb and overly useless and would get me killed but there's little as good as pissing of authorities especially that kind of authority.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. I suggest playing it safe and order one from Ebay.

• Like Like x 1
  6. You act like the US just invades random countries because they like to. Afghanistan has been fucked ever since "the Great Game" between the Russian Empire and the British Empire. It's Marxist revolution in the 70's that led to the 10 year Soviet-Afghan war didn't help anything.

The US only invaded Afghanistan after the Taliban refused to hand over Osama, which is a legitimate Casus Belli. I'd blame most of the instability there on Islamic fundamentalists and the Soviets. You talk as though Afghanistan was just minding it's own business when the big bad US decided to invade for no reason.

7. The US should have invaded Saudi Arabia after 9/11, they provided 15 of the 19 hijackers and financed al Qaeda.
    The Afghan people were totally innocent and had no involvement in 9/11.

The Afghans offered to hand Bin Laden over to another Islamic country to face trial but the US said no and instead invaded and slaughtered all-round them.

There was no justification for invading Afghanistan.

The US does invade, destroy countries and slaughter all-round them on a regular basis. This is nothing new, they've been at it for years. The greed and bloodlust of the parasites in DC is insatiable.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. The Taliban themselves admitted they were sheltering him so not sure how you can claim there was no cause for invasion.

Getting a bit off topic though. I'd like to see the other American prisoners in North Korea get released after this bullshit, but it's pretty hard to put meaningful pressure on NK as long as China has their back.

• Like Like x 1
  9. #50 SmokinP, Jun 23, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
    The Taliban offered to hand Bin Laden over to another Islamic country for trial but that wasn't good enough for the DC butchers.
    Instead they decided to invade, occupy and slaughter the Afghans for 16 years and counting.

Would the US handover prisoners if it was the other way around? I don't think so.

The US government are a shower of hypocrites, it's one rule for America and fuck everyone else. How many people are languishing in Guantanamo without a trial for the last 15 years?

NK is entitled to their own laws and justice system. If Americans are stupid enough to venture into NK a country that has been harassed and persecuted by successive US governments then they deserve what they get. If it was the other way around would you be on here looking for NK prisoners to be released? I don't think so.

Americans need to wake the fuck up and realise their shit smells the same as everyone else. This holier than thou shit is ridiculous.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. I'd say Obama's election was a clear choice between a less pro war candidate and John McCain, who was perceived early on to be a warhawk. Unfortunately, Obama himself was no saint, but it would be banal to not distinguish between his term and George's invasion of Iraq. As mentioned, the US population is well weary of war, and any president post-Bush will be hard-pressed to successfully execute any further escalations. Brand new full blown invasions are completely off the table at this point, unless someone decides to turn Times Square into a parking lot first.

As far as Trump goes, it's clear that he's not more of the same, for better or worse. That would have been Clinton. I'm not crying "warmonger" just yet.

11. Very true. Let's at least try to keep this about Otto Warmbier.

12. #53 HongKongPhooey, Jun 23, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
    Exactly how I feel.

It's like poking a wasp nest. Young people tend to make mistakes, but there's a fine line you gotta walk on. You make a big mistake and it just might cost you your life.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. IF he stole the poster, it's fatally obvious now he shouldn't have done it.

Having said that, considering how spooked up and sensationalized North Korea's Iron Curtain is and the surreal life that goes on behind it, I'm not shocked to see a 22 year old wanting a piece of it. Again, if he even did it in the first place.

Judging by his education and in-place family structure, I'll assume Otto was not a complete idiot. Even with modest intellect in place, I'm fairly sure that at no point during his poster removal did he think "I may actually get killed for this".

Because of him, I don't see others making that mistake any time soon, or ever again.

14. There you go again directing your comments to the American people while talking out of the other side of your mouth about its the American government you dislike.

• Like Like x 2
  15. #56 Praetorian, Jun 24, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
    Another imbecile appears:

upload_2017-6-24_7-55-8.png

Ah yes, North Korea. That glorious safe haven for women. This is a university "professor" speaking.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Someone that left wing ought to move to NK. Where dissent is ruthlessly suppressed and the state is God, she should love it. She won't be fired though because racist rants are okay if you target a white guy

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  17. the american people do have somewhat of a say. like you said, at least between the two who make it to the final stage anyways. My hope is that this election has pissed off enough people (regardless of what merit their reasoning actually has) that it will effect some major reform in our country. Two party system is no good for america, and many of our forefathers said that same exact thing, for this exact reason. We need more that two parties able to run for washington spots, and we need term limits on house and senators just like we have on president.
    Also, I agree to a degree that the countries we "occupy" are worse off. IMO we should have just annexed it and made them the 51 and 52 states. I think that would have eventually solved a lot of issues with insurgency (even though we are technically the insurgents lol). Obviously there is a lot of red-tape to be figured out, but imo if iraq and afghanistan could have been indoctrinated into the united states it could have fixed or solved a lot of those issues. IMO thats the issue with our strategies in the middle east. If we aren't gonna have them as a state, then whats the fucking point? Obviously we want the oil, and thats fine and dandy, but its pretty damn obvious that without the protections that an actual member of the united states would have, it will just continue to be a warzone.
    I mean, there are quite a few people who are saying thats what we are doing anyways, taking over the world, one country at a time. So why not make it official and just do it already?
    YOu are also correct that the continued conflict is doing nothing but hurting afghanistan. But I ask you, what the hell should be we do? Barry pulled us out of iraq, and it created a huge vacuum. Afghanistan has something way more valuable than oil though.....what could be more valuable than oil???
    Opium Poppies. thats what. It is no conincidence that the US is gripped in an "opioid epidemic" right now with super cheap, very potent heroin being available all over the states. So strange that it propegated after we took over afganistan isn't it?

• Like Like x 1
  18. there were several others, including "comedians" who accused him of using "white priviledge" in thinking he could "deface" NK and got what he deserved. Bill Maher and company have been pretty quiet now that the truth is coming out. Its disgusting what NK did to him and could be doing to the other 3 americans there, for no other reason other than having an american passport. Why anyone in the FREE world would advocate for that kind of shit is just so beyond my ability to comprehend, I have no idea. Its disgusting, and I feel pretty confident that our president will get this handled soon. I don't believe otto died in vein...I believe something good will come of it.

19. I don't have a lick of sympathy sorry. Nobody can be that stupid. Oh wait. Otto can. Steals a poster in NK, does more really need to be said. This shouldn't be a surprise, they're shooting missles(trying) at us. I'm actually in shock from people's reactions. Did they expect a slap on the wrist ? This was obvious and should have been to him when he stepped foot there. Obviously thought he was too above there society to think doing something that would land him hard time here would catch him a slap on the wrist there. Imagine if he did this in the White House, people would be up in arms for his death.

He should be ashamed, so should his family. Had the chance of a lifetime and his is how he decided to use it. This is how he decided to represent our country in a place where they already think we're devils.

Next time I'm in Afghan maybe I'll scream fuck Muhammad, I mean nothing bad can come of it right?

Now please explain to me how to rationalize this grown mans actions.