The Jordan Peterson Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Praetorian, Feb 1, 2018.

1. Yea I was slightly annoyed with Eric, I definitely like listening to him, but when you have 3 people in a conversation you have to accept that it isn't going to be a monologue. Still enjoyed it!

Yes I am serious about Harris, he seems like a nice enough guy but he has nothing interesting to say muchless anything intelligent.

Sent from my VS995 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. I disagree on both counts! I thought Eric brought very important insight to the conversation (though he was indeed eager too speak!), and Ham Sarris, while very... narrow, I suppose, is excellent at deconstructing complicated topics.

Not a disagreement to make a big fuss about, I think, I can see why you'd think little of Harris.

• Like Like x 1
  3. He did bring insight, just felt to me like he was annoyed with JP anytime JP talked.

Sent from my VS995 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Yes, I agree with that observation. From my stance it was the annoyance of someone who wishes to contribute an angle to someone who hasn't seen it yet (one I feel regularly here, particularly with my comrades on the left), and I do believe JBP uttered some variant of "I hadn't thought of that" several times.

Silly thing to bicker over, though, I recognize your points

• Like Like x 1
  5. And he's not the only one.

People kind.....

"Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished."

• Like Like x 1
  6. Weinstein did throw his weight around a bit and try to alpha-up the conversation. Kinda socially inept, considering who he was talking to. Jordan Peterson "outranks" him in any matter I can think of.
    I don't know enough about him to determine whether or not this was aggressively intentional, or if that's just how/who he is without noticing. Considering that his conversational partners were 2 guys who mostly agree with him, I can see why no one pushed him to calm down a bit.

I still am not in his brother Brett Weinstein's camp, and I don't think I ever will be.
    To me, he is a clueless leftist, who only realized what time it is, when leftism bit him on the ass.
    Now he's an "activist" against it, but until the nuts took over, he was happy to keep pushing a lot of the agendas that got him in trouble in the first place.

[​IMG]

@VikingToker , Agreed on Sam Harris. One of my favorite intellectuals out for a while now.
    I've been following him on-and-off since the Hitchens days.

• Like Like x 1

7. Theo Von is growing on me, and fast

• Like Like x 1
  8. I saw this the other day and chuckled.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. This guy Sean is such a clown I can't believe they let him near a microphone. "Women weren't allowed to lead nations!". Uhh buddy, how about Queen Elizabeth or Queen Victoria, two of the most influential British monarchs of all time. Two women led the Mongol Empire for years. This narrative that all women were subordinate to all men before the feminist movement is just not historically accurate, it was social status that mattered.

Same thing with this myth that "women weren't allowed to own property". Even in Roman times or under feudalism in Europe, women frequently owned large amounts of property. Ever heard of Eleanor of Aquitane? The most desirable bride in Europe at the time?

• Like Like x 5

10. Incredible.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. That was fantastic, had me laughing!

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. The Roe Jogan one is well worth a watch, too!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Definitely. I didnt care for the Bravo Eddie one though. Not like the other two any way. Look forward to more, I think these will spread and become commonplace.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Have you seen the many Ham Sarris ones?

So much gold in the kEep oN sLeEpIng pOdcAst

• Like Like x 2
  15. No I haven't this should be good haha

• Like Like x 1
  16. I love the fact both Sam and Jordan were intelligent enough to realize that, even though they disagree on many things, they are both essentially two good guys trying to find solutions in sense and reason.

Both, clear warriors for the good and sane.

I've been into Harris since the Hitchens days from like...2009 or so. Glad to see him getting along with everyone's internet dad - Peterson.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. I'll echo all of that, down to when I first heard Harris. Men worth emulating!

Everyone's internet dad :laughing:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Harris is not worth emulating.

There, I said it. Lol

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. I think we've discussed this before and agreed to disagree.

One of the top public intellectuals out there right now in my opinion. (tight pals with Elon Musk, for cherries on top)

• Like Like x 1