The Jordan Peterson Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Praetorian, Feb 1, 2018.

1. Nope

Not sure why this is complicated for you to understand bucko.

You made a post in direct response to Peterson smoking in the previous post, that reads "progressive decisions are not so bad after all" , featuring a giant goofy picture of goofy Justin Trudeau.
    In response, you got a couple of videos where Peterson is on record, pointing out the many things he actually disagrees with Trudeau on. Doesn't look like he's a fan of many of his policies in general after all.

If we're going to introduce silly Justin Trudeau pictures to a Jordan Peterson thread based on the one issue of cannabis, it only makes sense to point out, that overall, Jordan Peterson thinks that Justin Trudeau is a douche. :smoke:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Good discussion as usual. I don't have the time I used to to watch stuff, but I skimmed it.

Rubin has grown on me a good bit over the past year or two.

He won't personally lead the charge on anything, but he is a good cohesive, a social glue and interviewer for some of the other members of the IDW.
    A classical liberal, gay dude, in tight with Rogan, Shapiro, Peterson, the Weinsteins, etc.
    Respect. I wish him more success.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Yea I cannot remember how I came across Rubin but I have to say, I am a fan.

Sent from my VS995 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Hear hear. He served a critical purpose for me, in exposing me to a wider variety of thinkers, whom I have in turn studied in order to get a better understanding of primarily the weaknesses of my own faction.

He's an interviewer, let's not forget that. It seperates him from the Pordan Jetersons, the Weric Einstiens, the Ham Sarrises - it's not his purpose to think and formulate. It's his purpose to make the thinkers shine, imo

And he does a fantastic job of it, that alt-right nazi homophobe

• Like Like x 1
  5. Did you misread my comment? I very much enjoy Rubin, great guy, damn good at what he does. I think he has the mind/heart we need to bridge gaps.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. [​IMG]

Let me guess, GW? Don't forget, dude, Peterson is a far-right schill, it's only us who don't have the depth to see what's being done to us

Yes, I was excessively agreeing with you

No point in repeating what you said, I suppose

• Like Like x 2
  7. Ok, so at least you admit it is a good progressive decision.

As far as the rest of your argument, I could care less. That's not the point I was making, but you felt you had to divide the sides and claim this is that and not this. So What? Opinions man. Only opinions.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. I wouldn't call legalization of drugs a purely progressive position. Plenty of "right wing" people also despise the drug war.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Going by the numbers, it sure is. Far less conservatives support legalization. That frame is on the wall. And drug legalization has historically been a progressive idea. Conservatives can try and cop it, but they ain't fooling nobody.

10. In reality drug prohibition sadly enjoys broad bipartisan support. Considering the right tends to be for small and limited government it's pretty hard to argue that opposition to the drug war isn't consistent with right wing values.

• Winner Winner x 2
  11. #351 Praetorian, Jul 1, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
    Nope, yet once again. :smoke: Odd, that you'd make a claim about "divide the sides", considering you immediately mention "progressive decisions".
    You actually, led, with a side-dividing statement, then complained about side dividing.

You'd find a lot of conservatives, and certainly a lot of libertarians, fully support the legalization of Marijuana.
    Justin Trudeau does not own the notion of legalization of Marijuana in Canada.
    Considering his ideological nature, he couldn't oppose it if he wanted to.

While they may agree on the singular issue of Marijuana, overall, people like Jordan Peterson are on frequent record disagreeing with people like the politician Justin Trudeau.

12. #352 Green Wizard, Jul 1, 2018
    Your the kid that won't stop spinning the merry-go-round. You can try and deny history all you want, but it's already written. The drug war started with conservatives and it continues under conservatives. though progressives are changing that as we continue to expand our influence. I can pull up data on it if you want. Absolutely bury you with data on the subject.

13. Marijuana legalization is a progressive position is all I'm saying dude. Jeez. Why are conservatives so uptight?

14. I'm willing to let this one go, as I genuinely do not care enough about this particular issue.
    I merely wanted to point out Jordan's disagreements with Trudeau.

Hope your day is going well. The gf is out of town on business for me, and I'm unbelievably high @ home with the cats.

• Like Like x 1
  15. High with cats? That's sooooo progressive.

• Like Like x 1
  16. First thing you've said that I've agreed with.

17. #357 Praetorian, Jul 1, 2018
    Agreed.

Dave is nowhere near my favorite public intellectual, but he has popped up on my radar, strictly because he can engage others in conversation in a a very observably potent way. A good gap bridger indeed.

Powerful Dave Rubin

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Jordan was on Rogan's podcast again, discussing all that's going on.

Glad to see he was able to kiss and make up with Sam Harris, who is also excellent.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Harris is a boring nitwit

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Just listened to the Peterson/E. Weinstein/Rubin podcast in full, yesterday. @Praetorian is it just me or did Weinstein seriously dominate the conversation? I noticed Peterson giving space, maybe he could have contributed in places where he chose to be respectful, but Weinstein just laid out the stripe-covered black belt in ways I haven't seen before

Not taking anything away from JB, here, just... seriously impressed by Weinstein. Competent in several fields, too.

[​IMG]

:laughing:
    Not sure if serious, but Ham Sarris has his weaknesses, for sure. A touch of the Ivory Tower

• Like Like x 1