Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

The Joint Caught on Fire

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Esco Barr, Jul 2, 2009.

1. So last night I drove to a vacant lot and got faded with one of my joints. All was well until it burn into less then half of a joint. The cherry went out so I pull out my 80 Cent lighter and re-lit, I take one hit from that and the whole thing blew up in my face. It was like a mini fire ball. What was worse was I was inhaling smoke from the flame and started to suffocate for a couple of seconds (thought I was going to die) I quickly freak out and toss the little fireball out the window and take deep breaths of fresh air (still high).

After I relax, I get out of my car to make sure that the joint didnt catch fire in the grass, and all I see is the same roach that I tried to light, but it was not charred or hot. Now Im really paranoid so a pull of and head to a 24/7 gas station to air out.

My question is: Do joints catch fire like this or was I just high.

Me suffocating was a very bad experience and made me put weed down for a few days.

2. I've never had one catch on fire. I use a rolling machine and I put a little piece of rolled up index card at the end so it's more like a cig (not that the index card acts like a filter, just something to hold onto and i can smoke it to the end without burning myself). But I guess if you have too much excess paper on the end it could catch.

3. the do that, my guess is its the paper igniting instead of the weed., just blow the flame out and you got cherry.

note: if you did that with my weed id slap you upside the head. but since its not i just laugh at you.

4. id say illicum is right about the paper and not the weed

5. maybe it was laced with gasoline?
    lol
    but you probably rolled it to loose, thats all i can say, or maybe there was a seed in it.

6. I know, I keep having these flash backs of that night, and I want punch my self in the face for how much weed I wasted. That joint is probably still siting there on the ground. lol

7. I've had a bowl catch on fire because I was inhaling way too fast, felt like my lungs were going to shrivel up.

8. GO FIND IT! never leave a soilder behind.

9. it was a loose roll, it happens from time to time but not to common...kinda funny when it happens though

10. yeah its happened a few times. smoke in the eyes. OUCH, mega burn!!

11. it was too loose so it ran and caught fire. that happens when you dont roll tight. or even if you just put the lighter up to it that would do it. just blow it out when it does and continue blazing.:smoke:

12. never happend, guess i roll them tight but lol i pictured ur whole scenario in my head and it must have been funny as fuck.

i spark my joints by holding it in the blue part of the flame, takes longer because its a lower temp but it sparks much better

13. this happened to me once...sucks lol
    i remember to roll them tight nawadays lol

14. When I light my joints I usually light the end on fire then suck as i blow it out with my nose. That way I don't have to bother holding the lighter right against my face.