The Joe Rogan Podcast (Experience)

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Praetorian, Jul 3, 2017.

1. I know a couple of blades are regular listeners of Rogan's podcast. This can be the official thread for discussing whoever happens to be on. I know there is one already regarding Alex Jones' appearance, but I figure we need a more generic one that touches on all the guests and topics covered.

I've been blessed/cursed with a job where I sit on my ass a lot, so I get to listen to whatever to pass the time. Rogan has been a good source of varied material over the years. Aside from being an MMA commentator, he does a great job getting some very knowledgeable people on his show. Some favorites include: Sam Harris, Neil DeGrasse Tyson, Lawrence Krauss, and Shane Smith. Perhaps more importantly, he brings more controversial yet more interesting characters on, like Graham Hancock, Duncan Trussell, Dennis McKenna, etc. His diehard comedian friends like Greg Fitzsimmons, Ari Shaffir, Neal Brennan, and Bill Burr are always a treat.
    For the diehard MMA fans, his fight companion podcasts are excellent for several reasons. Edgy Brah being high and loud, just being one of them.

So here it is, the Rogan thread.

upload_2017-7-3_16-3-41.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  2. Most recent podcasts:

3. Recent favorite of his was his talk with Henry Rollins (april or may?) . Rollins has some pretty cool stories and a great view on life in general. I envy his ability and drive to travel the world at random.

• Like Like x 2
  4. I can never tell if Rollins has something legit to say, or if he's just a mediocre angry dude.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Where to start?

One of my favorites is Dr Mark Gordon.

• Like Like x 1
  6. #6 Tbone Shuffle, Jul 4, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
    I listen to every show. I happen to have a job that allows me to listen most of the day and I consume audio. Books and podcasts. I have for a decade.

I like Joe but I find that he tends to have a lot of yes men on the show. There's a few guests I would love to see him have that totally disagree with many of his points he likes to make often. It seems to me he prefers to have people on the show that are like minded to him. That's great but arguments are entertaining sometimes. That's how you get to the root of ideas. You look at both sides. Looking at one side all the time blinds you. He's surrounded by Hollywood confirmation bias. People are scared to disagree with him because he's bigger then the tonight show now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. From my perspective, I don't get that impression at all.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Maybe you don't pay attention to his views on mainstream politics, global warming, artificial intelligence, the future, transhumanism, ect? But he doesn't have people who have opposite points of view on those subjects on. Randell Carlson and Graham Hancock are the closest but they didn't even address climate change on the show. It was a shame. They had an excellent podcast on climate change before going on Rogan the last time.

9. #9 Praetorian, Jul 4, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
    I think any time he has Hancock on, it will be about meteors, lost civilizations, and maybe Ayahuasca. Climate change is not interesting enough when compared to all that. Besides, anyone really into climate change does not need the Joe Rogan podcast to get that kind of info.

He's had a few people on with whom he disagrees. He had Stephen Crowder, Gavin McInnes and Milo Yiannopolous on, and I'd say they were too right wing for Joe at that point. Now, he too keeps sliding away from the regressive left more and more. Jordan Peterson may have elucidated some things for him in that regard :smoke:

• Like Like x 1
  10. I would say I used to agree with that because of his demeanor in other forms of media and his previous music career. When I listened to him talk on the podcast , it changed how I observe the guy. He came in cool, collected and seemed honest with his stories and views. I too used to think he was just a stern, angry dude.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Not a huge fan of Joe but this was a great episode. He doesn't talk over or interrupt Peterson and listens very respectfully.

• Like Like x 2
  12. There's so many great Joe Rogan episodes. I always crack up when Brendan Schwab and Callen are on. I went in the back catalog and downloaded every episode with them and every past fight companion. I've only been listening regularly since about 2015 so I had a lot to catch up on. Fight companion is my favorite.

• Like Like x 2
  13. One of my favorites as well. Jordan Peterson is onto a lot.

• Like Like x 2
  14. I agree about Peterson.

• Like Like x 2
  15. rogan is great.

any joey diaz fans here? hes buddies with rogan and they go on each others podcasts quite often. i could listen to diaz talk all day. hes just a cool dude with crazy ass stories.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Joey Coco Diaz is hilarious @ times.

17. This latest podcast, idk, i had success with chiropractors...

Xrays demonstrated they straightened my spine and alleviated my daily horrible headaches.

18. Anytime he's on their with Diaz or Callen or even Shcaub and Bravo i'm down.
    The Joe Rogan Experience is pretty much the only podcast I even pay attention to though.
    I used to listen to his Podcast and Bill Burr's Monday Morning all night working at Walmart.

19. Was watching this podcast the other day.. was laughing my fucking ass off.. ...

Alex Jones is a cutie.

• Like Like x 1