The Israel Thread

Discussion in 'Politics' started by J-DILLA, Sep 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yep, and the Soviet Union was the proxy for Egypt, Syria, and Jordan during the last decade or so. To answer, your question, there haven't been any US troops directly involved in an Israeli conflict, so far, hopefully.

2. I'm sorry, I edited my post and added some more info like this,

I'd say it's a one way street unless Apple is really an Israeli firm.

3. #23 J-DILLA, Sep 24, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2012
    Intel, Microsoft, Google, are some of the heavy weights, as well as Apple, more recently. It's worth noting that Israel has 64 companies listed on the NASDAQ, more than any other country after the US and China.

Keep in mind that Israel is America's only true ally in the Middle East. So that $83 billion (source??) is money well spent considering the circumstances in the region.

4. Intel, Microsoft, Google and Apple are Israeli firms? What are you saying? It's no surprise Israel has 64 companies listed on the NASDAQ, Jews are great business people.

The sources are listed in the prior post, that's why I told you it was edited so you can go back and see if you want. The USA has also given billions upon billions to their other Middle Eastern allies like Egypt and Pakistan. I think Egypt comes in 2nd place for monies given to them. Bride money to be Israel's ally. So the USA spends ALOT of money keeping Israel safe. So thanks for the neat gadgets....

5. #25 J-DILLA, Sep 24, 2012
    I never said those were Israeli firms...All I said is that they have set up R&D facilities in the area, with Apple being the most recent.

It's hard being the only democracy in the Middle East. The difference between Israel and Egypt is that Israel will remain a western democracy, while Egypt has become an Islamist nation. I hope you don't take you Intel chip-equipped windows pc or cell phone for granted ;)

So $83 billion in aid since 1949 equals to about $1.5 billion per year (about 2% of Israel's GDP)

6. I don't want to jump to any conclusions here. I'm just gonna ask some honest questions.

You said hopefully there won't be American troops directly involved in a conflict regarding Israel. So does this mean you only support going as far as providing money and weapons, fighting by proxy?

And what stake do we share in having an ally in the middle east region. Sure it is good to have allies, but at the cost of being the target of terror attacks like 2/26/93, 8/7/98 9/11/01, 12/25/09?

7. #27 J-DILLA, Sep 24, 2012
    You guys seem to make it out as if Israel lives off US aid. As Swills previously quoted, Israel receives about $1.5 billion a year in aid from the US, which is approximately 2 percent of Israel's GDP, not enough to make a substantial difference in military spending. Like I said before, that aid is mainly in the form of subsidies.

I'm not to sure what you were trying to imply in your last paragraph. Is Israel to blame for the WTC bombings???

8. Oh I see R&D divisions.

The only countries in the Middle East who have democracy? Eh, that's not an entirely true point at all. Are we forgetting Iraq? How about Egypt? The Muslim Brotherhood and Hamas have no problems getting elected :laughing:. And I put the Democrats and Republicans in the same boat as the Muslim Brotherhood and Hamas. Politics aside, there is democracy, or some form of it in the Middle Eastern countries. It aint perfect but it's a start.

Democracy in the Middle East - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm an AMD chip kind of guy. ATX all the way.

9. Those "democratically elected" governments, such as Hamas, include the destruction of Israel as main points in their doctrine....:rolleyes:

10. I am just saying that the perps of the attacks cite our aid to Israel as the reason they kill our citizens. They did not wake up one day and say lets kill Americans! If this is the case I say the billions spend in aid, regardless of it's percentage of their gross domestic product, is money well spent elsewhere.

If it doesn't make a difference, they can fend for themselves. America does it.

11. Trust me, I'm not defending Hamas and anyone who is familiar with them know about this, so let's not get offended here. Point was they were "elected" :laughing:

12. It's definately a factor, but not the main reason why the terrorists did it.

Like I said before, Israel, in it's past 8 wars, has never received direct military support. As a matter of fact, Israel has previously attempted to build it's own fighter jet but was warned by the US due to the loss of business.

IAI Lavi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

13. #33 Swills, Sep 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2012
    According to Wikipedia Israel spends 13,001,000,000 which is 6.3% of the GDP. If the USA saves Israel 2% every year equaling 1.5 billion that's no big deal right? It's not like the world is broke or anything, especially the USA. You know how we pay our bills? We just print money. Money made out of thin air which is turned into debt, perpetual make-believe debt.

With all that money Israel makes I wonder why their people were living in tent cities last year protesting the cost of living?

14. Part of the reason yes. (isn't that enough?) As well as America meddling in their affairs and bombing their civilians which is another story. I am a non-interventionist. I fully support Israel's right to exist as a sovereign state. I have nothing wrong with the country. (My brother and I recently went there, I have tons of interesting photos if you are interested.)

I just have a problem with our government's involvement with theirs. I don't see the major benefit. I don't think it's worth the lives of our citizens.

15. I completely agree with you! But regardless, that region will continue to have a deep hatred for Americans with or without handing aid to Israel.

16. #36 Swills, Sep 24, 2012
    Just to be clear, Israel receives massive support, they only thing they haven't received yet is direct military support and they shouldn't because they have the best military in the Middle East. But Israel is never alone and is always in constant communication with it's allies. The Middle East has been a hot bed of activity for not only Israel but also the USA who has clearly been involved in ME shenanigans for decades upon decades. And if the USA is involved you can bet your ass the UK is as well, and the rest of willy gang of the West. So lets not act like Israel was ever alone and not fully protected and supported at all times.

The USA is like the Big Brother while Israel is the Little Brother who gets to push all the poor kids around, and if any of the poor kids get the upper hand on baby Israel then America will come in beat that ass.

17. No other country has ever directly helped out in defending Israel in a war. There's a saying out there, "If the Arabs (Muslims) put down their weapons today there would be no more violence. If the Israelis put down their weapons today there would be no more Israel."

18. If we did not intervene in any way at all, including aid to Israel. If we just left everybody alone, we - could - see that it is better for the USA. The country that I live in and therefore hold more of an interest in.

And if attacks against us do not subside, then I just don't know!

19. Just a quick thanks to those who chose not to troll this thread with pointless zionist and illuminati garbage:hello:

20. #40 Swills, Sep 24, 2012
    I disagree, Israel has and always will receive massive support in any battle, conflict, or war they engage in. Just because a Marines M1 Abrams isn't riding beside an IDF Merkava doesn't mean Israel isn't fully supported at all times while their back is watched. You wanna know what the most important support Israel receives right now but especially during those 8 wars (soon to be 9: Iran)?

Intelligence support. Do you have any idea how important information is in wartime setting? Israel has the best intelligence in the ME thanks to their Mossad, among others, and direct access to Western Allies intelligence networks. If you think Israel makes any moves without the USA/UK watching over it's shoulder you're kidding yourself. And if the IDF ever was in trouble of losing the West will come to the rescue. So like I said, Israel is always fully supported and protected.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.