The ISOhead Thread

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by flammzrant, May 5, 2012.

1. if you can get your hands on hexane you could do the same process than iso but this this solvant, making it foolproof, or wash your iso with saturated saltwater and hexane for a perfect produce (the chlorophyl leaks out and clumps up, let everything settle and only keep the hexane (passing the liquid through a separatory funnel, top layer is the hexane)

2. im lost, u went from filter to scraping but im sure after filter u have liquid. if u have something else i dont know how u got it.??

3. #10923 SonicRising, Jan 1, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
    Well I stumbled upon this forum and was super impressed by all the knowledgeable people here. So reading through, I decided to start taking notes on how to make qwiso. I have about a pound of trim I need to do something with, and qwiso seemed to be the way to go, but I had no idea how until I discovered this thread.

So here is my first attempt. This was made with UK Cheese trim. Process was a 30 second wash with chilled, not frozen trim and iso (99%), the iso was filtered twice using unbleached bamboo coffee filters. Trays were placed on a hotplate set to 125C. The result was a really nice amber colour however it's smell and taste were not great, I think the reason for this was the temp at which I purged the iso since terpenes are such a volatile substance I think I burned a few of them off. (This pic kinda looks like a turkey that just came out of the oven.)
    Snapchat-2146562763.jpg

Second Run was also with UK Cheese, but this time I winterized both the trim and the iso. Interesting to note here that in this run I had much more chlorophyll in my iso after the wash but the end product was lighter. This time I only had the hotplate at 50C which I think made the difference in the colour. Also the taste and smell is much better on this run.

IMG_2320.JPG

Anyway, that's the start of my journey into making concentrates. It's a lot of fun and look forward to making more :) Cheers guys. :yay:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1

Attached Files:

5. I know this is old but this is the closest I get to the question I have: After ISO wash and filtration, how long are the cannabinoids good in the solvent? Just thinking of some method of making my oil that's less volatile as a rice cooker