The Internet FIGHTS BACK!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by CannabisInCanada, Dec 2, 2010.

1. BitTorrent Based DNS To Counter US Domain Seizures

[​IMG]

Torrent Freak
    November 30, 2010
    The domain seizures by the United States authorities in recent days and upcoming legislation that could make similar takeovers even easier in the future, have inspired a group of enthusiasts to come up with a new, decentralized and BitTorrent-powered DNS system. This system will exchange DNS information through peer-to-peer transfers and will work with a new .p2p domain extension.

2. i hope they can invent a p2p service that doesnt require me to use five and a half proxy servers to avoid accusatory letters from my isp. uh, i mean... cool!

3. It's a DNS server... so I believe you will have to download a client and use it through a browser like firefox.

Websites would be:
    http://thepiratebay.p2p
    etc.

I THINK.

4. Lol, who's your ISP?

5. This I love.
    They think they can control an untameable beast.
    The internet will always break free of whatever shackles they try and impose on it.

6. That's the problem with most secure means of data transfer, you're instantly suspected of some horrific things becaause they're plagued with paedofilia. Sad but true, just look at the onion router.

7. Mediacom. Avoid like the plague.

8. Sooo it's kinda like Electric Sheep? just being applied to bit torrents?
    Sweet...

9. If they really wanted to censor the internet could they block this kind of thing through your ISP? Block all websites in different countries and control the ISP's?

10. Its a bit harder than that. The internet is really just a large group of computers wired together. ISP's simply provide the wiring to do this and charge for it.

11. How does China do it? Can they get around the countries censorship? If you did try to get around it couldn't they designed a program that alerts the ISP and the fed if your trying to get past it?

12. 'If anything, this shows that no matter what legislation or legal actions are taken, technology stays always one step ahead. The more aggressive law enforcement gets, the more creative and motivated adopters of the Open Internet will respond.'

Fuckin' church. :smoke:

13. From what I understand they are trying to reclassify the internet to be a telecommunications service as opposed to whatever it is now which would give the ISPs the ability to censor what we see. I wouldn't even use the word censor, though, because it would be more like television. Premium channels, etc. We would have to pay to go to popular websites and shit like that.

Pay for content instead of bandwidth. That is the biggest difference.

14. That seems so morally corrupt. How fitting...

15. You can still most likely get around it with a modded surfboard like one form this website. Moto Modz & SBHacker Worldwide Store Home Page This site mods the software and enables you to run a basically limitless bandwidth from the ISP

16. It's called the gov software; green dome. It was created by hackers that was hired to do the dirty work from the gov.

17. Ha, way to go internet.

The guy who wrote that article is a very close family member of mine :p