The Infamous Jesus Camp

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by ArgoSG, Jul 4, 2009.

1. Many of you have heard of/watched this before.

Christian Fundamentalism in America:
    [ame="http://www.viddler.com/explore/MrDocu/videos/3/"]Viddler.com - Jesus Camp - Uploaded by MrDocu@@AMEPARAM@@http://www.viddler.com/player/f00dc664/@@AMEPARAM@@f00dc664/[/ame]

Enjoy, and hopefully, discuss after wards.

2. #2 HighHaze, Jul 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2009
    dont you just wanna repeatedly kick that fat bitch in the face?

3. Why yes. Yes I do.

Thanks for asking.

4. You don't make heros out of warlocks!

5. I'm too lazy to watch that shit... if its the documentry on Jesus Camp then yeah fuck that little fat bitch.

Otherwise I'm hella faded, take it easy on me.

6. Love the bit where she asks the kids "who here thinks god can do anything" and some mother is just grabbing her kids hands up and makes the decision for them.

so sick lol

branding a kid a christian is disgusting behaviour, imagine calling your kid a little conservative just because you are one, actually thats kinda cute.

7. The saddest part of the documentary for me is the small short haired blonde kid. He seems so incredibly intelligent and honest, unlike Levi, who is already a masterful bullshitter in his young age. The blonde kid even admits it's so hard to believe in God, and he finds himself not believing in some of the passages. He spends all his time studying and reading. It really hurts to see that sort of abuse. They're all just victims of their environment, and I agree it's sick.

8. Do not want!!!!!

9. these fucking people make me sick, claiming to be true believers in their religion while letting the true message of it fly right the fuck over their heads.

10. SAB, Leviticus, Chapter 20
    20:9 For every one that curseth his father or his mother shall be surely put to death: he hath cursed his father or his mother; his blood shall be upon him.
    Matthew , Chapter 10
    10:21 And the brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death.

I could go on if you like?

Yeah great messages of tolerance, caring and love for your family to be found in the bible. And don't give me that whole BS about all the bad stuff being in the old testament (because the second quote is from the new testament and there's plenty more where that came from) or about how there's lots of good stuff in there too (because there's a lot more bad stuff than good and what's the point of having a moral code that you half to disregard half of for being immoral?)

Face it, they're as close to the true spirit of Christianity as anyone else.

11. This film just shows how extremist christians brainwashed/program their children to believe in christianity. It should be an individual choice. Instead we have children growing up believing America is "gods country", that George Bush was a holy man and all this other shit.

These chilrden at the camp are shouted at over and over all day long about how they need god, satan is after them so they need god, they need god or societies evils will poison their souls and they'll go to hell. Childrens minds are very impressionable and open so they end up believing all this, that it's the undisputable truth.

12. Oh god yes.

13. Shoco lah aldoth lugin ahd asp oo agoroo!

14. That kid made me so sad. I felt so bad for him. He really was trying to believe, and he wasn't blindly following everything he was told like the other kids. It seemed like everyone else at the place was looking at him in disgust after the confessed that he was having a hard time. Poor kid.

This documentary just made me sick. I've watched it a few times, and I still can't believe there are actually people like this, brainwashing these kids into believing everything they say. It's awful. Let these kids learn for themselves. Religion is a personal choice, it shouldn't be forced upon kids by their parents, teachers or ministers. Let them learn about all religions first, and let them decide. Whats right for one person isn't always right for another.

Although the one thing I found surprising about this documentary is how they didn't mention homosexuals. They mentioned abortion and wizards, but nothing about the gays...

15. My god. I bet if Jesus came back and saw these people, he would find the nearest shotgun and blow a big hole in his head. Oh the irony if that were to happen...

16. This is why it is important to not become a "Sheeple" who just does what their told and believes what they hear, but to rather question everything you can.

And yes, that bitch defenintly needs a headbutt to the ovaries and a couple round house's to the nose.

17. #17 AstroSmurf, Jul 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2009
    Watching the beginning part where they are all praying made me very uncomfortable. I really don't understand religion. The lady was saying that to save the world the children had pray, I think we could do much better by going to nature and trying to become one with it.

Edit:
    The kid said he was saved at the age of 5? Saved from what? You're only 5 and so so young. How could you even be trying to care about religion at that age? I think I sat through church at that age and just wanted to go home...

I just heard a child say amen to the death of someone...how strange.

18. This scares the fuck out of me. My respect for humanity has gone down a full four notches, and believe me, it wasn't very high to begin with.
    Listening to that little girl telling us all about her "ministry" really shows me how malleable children are, and how religion is such a clever tool to control everyone. She's a smart little girl too, she comes up with ingenious ideas.
    This movie really exposes how they really don't know how ridiculous they look. And the worst part is... there, but for the grace of FSM, go I.

19. #19 IMME, Jul 7, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2009
    this site is gay

20. ^^ :rolleyes: you dont seem any more intelligent yourself if thats all you have to offer without explaining why, especially knowing what you are gonna say.