The importance of rock phosphate in your soil mix

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by RichardDean, Sep 20, 2012.

1. Hey guys and gals I see a lot of people on this sub forum specifically complaining about early yellowing in flower. I believe that most people lack this important amendment and if you look at my plants they are close to done and still very green. Soft Rock Phosphate is not only a long term release source of phosphorus but also helps to lock in the nitrogen in your soil that usually gasses off into ammonia when high N sources are present. Hence keeps the N where it belongs so your plant can continue to use it. Hope this helps anyone who may be puzzled at this phenomenon.

2. I like yellowing in flower, if they start to yellow in week 3 thats just fine by me.... this is good advice though, if youre not all weird like me. I do stuff to encourage yellowing sometimes, but I do realize my yields/density are affected too... I just like the flavor of very yellow plants the best....
    GNug

3. Nothing wrong with yellowing I'm a fan myself and mine are beginning to yellow now but what I was mainly talking about is that early flowering yellowing that I seem to see many on here complain about.

4. That's exactly what happened to my plant in the backyard this year. The yellowing started way too soon. I added rock phosphate for the 1st time in my soil mix, but next time I'm going to double it up to 1/4 cup per cu ft. Too much rain leached my pot of N I'm sure. So if anyone has suggestions for a slow release organic N I'm all ears.