The im Switching To Playstation This Generation Thread

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by llllllllll, May 25, 2013.

No doubt, i'm not making this up either, this one time I had an old laptop, and I was just sitting there on it, just watching youtube videos, and all of a sudden a box comes up on my screen asking to turn on my webcam, and it just selected yes out of the blue. 

I don't know who clicked on the box, or who was watching me, so I took some ductape and covered it over the webcam lol. I don't have that laptop anymore..

2. o_O  creepy.

3. I was a PS1/PS2 fan and then switched to Xbox 360 when it first came out. After seeing all the emphasis on TV, media and crap at the Xbox One unveiling...PS4 all the way. 

4. yea I taped over the webcam on this laptop as soon as I got it. my phone is another story, although its always facing up, so unless someone wants to stare at my ceiling or inside my pocket, I dont think I need to worry a whole lot.

5. I don't think people should judge the Xbox just on its presentation. But before that I felt like PS4 was the one for me. I had PS1, PS2, then went to 360. Now I think PS4, although depending on the price I may be better off just getting a gaming PC.

PC gaming will be even better soon because this generation unifies the architecture with x86 I think, porting will be much easier from console to PC.

7. first console was a PS2, absolutely loved it. next generation of consoles came out and i bought a xbox 360. 360 was awesome, got the red ring of death did the towel trick and sold my xbox to gamestop, used that money to buy a brand new xbox 360. stopped playing my xbox 360 for the longest time and sold it on Craigslist. wanted to play xbox 360 again so i bought another xbox off craigslist. still playing my xbox till this day.

not sure about the next generation of consoles tho. definetly not getting the first batch of consoles since they always seem to be faulty

8. yep moving tothe ps4...

9. yep moving tothe ps4...

10. Ps4 ftw but Im shure the Xbox one will offer a lot now that Microsoft realizes this sytem is not what we want.

11. #51 llllllllll, Jun 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2013
    Ladies and Gentlemen,

may I present to you, the first ever home video game console that will be rendered completely useless once xbox servers are turned off (how ever many years from now that is)

http://www.polygon.com/2013/6/6/4403924/xbox-one-always-on-online-requirements

"
    Xbox One to perform online checks every 24 hours, every hour if playing on separate console
    "

forreal, fuck xbox this gen.

[​IMG]

12. Theres no way they can do that ..... wtf they will loose a TON of customers..... including me.

13. I own a 360 and a PS3  but as of now see nothing appealing about the Xbox One even after they retracted all there nonsense.  

PS4 this generation for sure

14. Damn I love my 360 but I'm seriously considering switching to playstation. To be honest the main thing that would bug me about that is having to get used to the playstation controller... I've been using the 360 exclusively ever since it came out.

You'll find the ps3 controller excels in almost all categories.

It connects in less than a second, disconnects in less than a second, you can swap controller ports seamlessly (on xbox you have to literally shut down the console to switch controller ports)

Its lighter by atleast 75%, the joysticks are more fluid and prestine feeling.

Overall the ps3 controllers are a thing of beuty, the only gripe i have with them is how small they feel after using 360 for so long. I literally cannot play ps3 with a finger on each trigger because my hand is too big, it just ends up making the controller feel weird, which is likely why the ps3 controller has been size increased by about 20%

16. I hope you guys know the Xbox one is basically the 360 with better hardware. It's going to have the same dashboard and everything.

But the PS4s XMB looks whack and reminds me too much if Facebook it was a major turnoff. But however the ability to share videos and browse the market place without even quitting the game is amazing.

Sent from my Prism using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. Always been an Xbox kid, ever since playing halo ce on the original. I had a ps2 too when that was around and that was always fun but the Xbox in my opinion was better, anyway I too will be switching to the ps4 when I get some money. Until then, the 360 will do. Microsoft really fucked up. And halo 5 is stupid even though I'm the biggest halo fan. They need to realize halo will never be like the good ole halos anymore

18. Damn when you think the xbox original is better than the ps2, thats when you know you a fanboy

19. Never owned a play station.  Have always bought Xbox consoles. 
    Not anymore though...
    My next console will be a play station.

20. #60 Bronx Finest, Jul 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2013
    [quote name="loudpaxk" post="18308236" timestamp="1373063218"]Always been an Xbox kid, ever since playing halo ce on the original. I had a ps2 too when that was around and that was always fun but the Xbox in my opinion was better, anyway I too will be switching to the ps4 when I get some money. Until then, the 360 will do. Microsoft really fucked up. And halo 5 is stupid even though I'm the biggest halo fan. They need to realize halo will never be like the good ole halos anymore[/quote]Yea it's turn into a series they milk every 4 months to get some extra cash. Halo 3 was the best halo I don't care what anyone saysSent from my Prism using Grasscity Forum mobile app