Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

The I'm Over Weed Thread

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Boat Shredder, Jun 17, 2012.

1. Been smoking religiously for 5 years now. At some points of my pot use, I was smoking upwards of 6 to 7 times a day. Now, I hardly ever smoke. Even with 2 stoner roommates, they just can't get me to want to hit the pipe. Deep down on a spiritual level, I feel like weed has lost it's magic for me. Maybe?

When I smoke now days... music no longer sounds mind-blowing, food no longer tastes amazing, relaxation is no longer relaxing, and nothing seems to make me laugh anymore. the list goes on forever. I feel like lately my highs are incredibly boring. Something that used to make life extremely fun and interesting is now having a reverse effect.

When I get high now days, I no longer have the extreme motivation to do fun shit like I used to. I no longer play my guitar, go on hikes, cook food, enjoy music, drive my car around, hit on chicks, play frisbee, go to the movies etc... I simply just don't have the desire to do those things anymore.

I've taken tolerance breaks ( 2 - 5 month breaks) and only come back to pot with the intensified feelings of wanting to be boring again. It's not just me either, a lot of my friends around me are beginning to feel burnt out of weed too. Is this a cultural phase we might be going through?

2. Try to smoke with a new group or friends and get together with some people who are really energetic. Maybe a break of longer than 5 months is needed. Possibly try a new dealer. Just don't move on to anything heavier like crack, don't wanna mess up your life.

3. Idk bro, you just smoked way too often and way too much it seems. But ima continue to blow my lovely tree.

4. Try some new highs. I thought I had gotten as hi as I could and I started feeling like you mentioned. One hit of some oil my friend made and I was fucking blitzed for 3 hours and had a great time. Edibles as well bring a new high that is desirable. And lastly smoke in new places, with new people and buy a couple different strains at a time and make a good ol salad bowl of dank.

5. #5 bigwillystyle, Jun 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2012
    get tha fuck outta here

Please try to stay respectful of everyone here. Mat369

6. That kinda sucks man. Ganja has definitely impacted my life for the better and I'm sorry that you can't share that feeling with the rust of us.

7. Take a long t-break, maybe a year long one, then when you smoke again the magic will return

8. Do not the blame the drug for your action or let it control you, learn how to have self control. Do you exercise, have an healthy diet that includes protein, carbs, iron, zinc, fruits, omega 3 and not omega 6 (which can cause impaired emotional behavior and broken receptors). Provide details.

9. If it adds nothing to your life any more then simply don't smoke, it really is that simple. I've never thought it was healthy to smoke everyday but yet I slipped into doing that for like a year or so and ended up in a similar situation to you - withdrawing from friends and activities, choosing to sit in a stoned malaise. There is a certain defensive arrogance/ignorance around people who can't just let OP do what he feels is best.

I'd recommend to just consider yourself finished with weed and keep it that way until YOU feel ready to smoke again. Fuck changing friends/dealers/methods because at the end of the day you've probably covered most ground after 5 years of smoking. There could be more to this than just the weed and you should take time out to think about the reasons behind why you even got to that stage of smoking everyday - to me it reads like a form of escape but I could well just be projecting from my own circumstances.

Once you can enjoy life again completely sober, try re-introducing weed as something occasional - some people simply aren't cut out for daily use if they can't keep their head in check.

10. It kind of sounds like you're a bit depressed. Sometimes if you get really depressed or stressed out, things you love doing just stop being fun. However, losing interest from smoking weed isn't that big of a deal. It just means you have moved on and are ready for more things in life!

11. Don't feed the troll.

12. I see no troll.

13. Great advice! +rep

14. I eat organic fruits and veggies in every meal. All locally grown meats and poultry goes with it. I grow my own basil, rosemary, cilantro and eat tons of them. I bike 12 miles to work every day. I raft down my town river at least once a week. I am the healthiest I have been in my entire life. The only thing that makes me fall from these healthy choices is pot. I smoke pot and sit around and do nothing.

15. #16 shaddytheman, Jun 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2012
    ^^ You can't just smoke and do nothing, Marijuana is suppose to intensify your life not be your life. I don't smoke everyday, only in moderation plus I include hempwick. It doesn't make you lazy unless you want to be lazy, are you also including seafood such as salmon that also improves your diet and if you have make salads, include flax-seed which has an high dose of Omega 3 sprinkle not too much so you will still have flavor and drown it with some dressing (that's what I do). Also do you have any healthy snacks, look for the trail mix with nuts, almonds, walnuts, cranberries; I'll look for the brand that includes Omega 3 not the regular kind. But what the other guy said, fix your priorities, and your important goals, then whenever you feel right, then go back to it.

16. I'm kinda at this point too, I think I'm going to take a t break soon

17. smoke less fuck more and then smoke after you fuck and tell me if it made a difference or not haha

18. Exactly. If weed does nothing for you, leave it behind. There's no rule that says you have to continue with weed just because you used to smoke it.

Look at our last 4 or 5 presidents -- all tried it, and moved on. Maybe one day you can be president!:D

... But seriously, if it doesn't enhance your life, leave it behind!

19. Anything gets boring with extended use. Maybe not boring but at least stops being as awesome.

I've always tried to limit myself to 1-2 smokes a day at most, every other day is ideal, as a way of rewarding myself for whatever. Much more satisfying this way.