The illusion of Time

Discussion in 'General' started by KillerKush, Dec 1, 2010.

1. I can remember back to warm summer days when I was in my youth(I'm 20 so bear with me here) and I was bored all day. Telling Mom I was bored, soon being forced outside to seek comfort from the heat with neighborhood children-monsters! We would explore through the woods, try to fish in ponds, throw rocks in the ocean, have races on bikes etc. Time seemed to go by so slowly when it was filled with so many enriching activities. I can remember times in which I believed that I would never grow up, that time would wait for me. My friends and I would never be separated and that joy was the only true experience in life.
    Now I am about to be in my senior year of uni, and I have pressures to either continue my education or get a job. I work 20 hours a week on top of taking 15 credits, and I feel like I am losing parts of myself in this flurry of a reality that so many individuals choose to undertake. Once I am done with school and properly EDUMACATED(says a piece of paper), I am just going to go back to my roots in which I found so much joy. Letting those who choose to join the workforce to enjoy their novelties and modern comforts. No I am not high, and I haven't been smoking for two months now, it's been an eye opening experience. Our existence and perception of reality is limited, so why spend the years in which we are best suited to take on the world by following ideas of mediocrity?
    -KillerKush

2. "the purpose of life isn't to be better than your neighbor. the purpose of life is to love your neighbor as you love yourself and do what you feel in your heart is right."

3. i know what you mean killerkush. sometimes i think about moving into the woods bringing with me nothing but an axe and some weed seeds and corn seeds and what not so i could build my own shack, grow my own weed and food cause civilized world pisses me off to no end some days.

4. that joy was the only true experience in life....
    I feel like I am losing parts of myself in this flurry of a reality

Join the club

5. Well I'm going to be pulling some money together with some of my mates from school and we're trying to buy a plot of land in either oregon or colorado so if it happens and you can lend a helping hand I don't see why you wouldn't be able to live lightly with us. Haha. We are engineers, hunters, construction workers, environmentalists, and savvy with pretty much anything that would need to be done.

6. yeah but its a lot easier said than done. I have though about that and it seems everyone on GC wants to live off the grid and have a much simpler life.

But lets be realistic here.

7. Yeah I miss my youth, like innocent ignorant youth. I miss when I used to think people were just good to each other because it was the right thing to do. So much for that.

8. Time only exist in the third dimension, there are 10 of them and in the tenth any and all possibilities happen. Youtube that shit and realize that radical thinking will help you enjoy your life.