the idea that christ is coming back

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by negligent, Sep 9, 2003.

1. aight first off i'm not religous really i dont even go to church so correct me if i'm wrong at any point. christians believe that christ is coming back correct? well jesus was born, lived, and died which would mean that he was a human being. so if christ is coming back that would mean he would have to be born again as a baby, growup and all that stuff. for all we know he's walking around right now, hell who knows maybe i'm jesus. but when he does come back how r people gonna be able to believe its him? if someone came out and said "I am Jesus Christ and i have come back..... etc. etc." no one would believe him/her. so in my opinion even if christ comes back, no one will know it and if someone says they're christ they wont be taken seriously even if they had all the healing powers because theres so many ways to be a con artist these days.

2. i'm not religous really i dont even go to church , but jesus did rise from the dead "or so they say" so if he did do that i dont think he would have to be born.....he might be a bunch of rotting flesh zombie

3. hmmm i never took that into consideration, haha but i think if i saw a zombie walkin around i'd shoot it so that might not be the best way for jesus to go haha

4. he already came back.

he saw what we've done, and left, disgusted.

5. what I mean is:
    PEOPLE STOP WAITING FOR AN EXTERNAL INTERVENTION (god, alien, or whatever).

THINGS WILL CHANGE ONLY THROUGH YOU.

6. yep he saw it all and was very disgusted
    funny

7. if he did come, he would prove himself by making the blind see, walking on water, and whatever other tricks are capable of his magic wand.

Im sure he'll see we ruined whatever world he tried to put forth for us, puke, and then turn to dust and blow away into the wind...

8. there are a couple ideas on this. Some think he'll come back as he was. Others think he'll be born again. Then some say if he's born again he may or may not know that he is the son of God. I dunno what will happen. I dunno if it will even be during my lifetime.

9. Hhahah :D maybe its your avatar and such... but when reading this, i kept thinking of jesus as an alien in a spaceship comming to take us away :D

10. If he comes back, no one will believe him cuz he was black. I think most christians have the idea that Jesus was white, had brown or blonde hair and had blue eyes. Wishful thinking. Pffffft.

11. He wasn't black. He was Jewish. It's still a far cry from how most people view him, but Jewish isn't black. I plan on looking for an olive skinned feller with black hair and a big nose that gives free love and doesn't care about earthly possessions.

12. i never said i was gonna come back looking the same. :D ;)

alot changes after 2000 years. ;) :p

13. the point of the idea that jesus will return is not that some guy whose name is jesus christ will literally rise from the dead and save mankind. jesus coming back is a metaphor for someone, more than one person, saving mankind through nonviolence and unconditional love like jesus did, and will spread righteousness across the earth. where did you all get the idea that the whole bible is literal? its poetry guys. too put it plainly: ITS ALL METAPHORIC AN SHIT. heh.

14. oo goody... my favorite topic. the Bible, and Jesus' return :D

that's right... i have time for a big religious debate today, LOL. my sister let me on her SN for the time being. so i definately will be responding to this one :)

so lets go...

you can tell by the context of the Bible what's meant to be taken literally and what's to be taken metaphorically. the Bible is very plain and specific about some things, and other things you can tell by how it's written that it's meant to be taken metaphorically...

the rapture is not one of those times that it's meant to be taken metaphorically. take 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 for example. it says: "For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord."

and Jesus himself speaks of this event in Matthew 24:37-42. it says: "But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left. Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left. Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come."

most people will agree that that's not very metaphoric. especially the passage from Matthew. Jesus himself was speaking of His return.

Jesus came one as God in human form. He'll come again in an instant to take the believers to heaven (so they don't have to go through the tribulation period), and He'll return a third time at the end of the 7 year tribulation period, for all the world to see, in what's known as the glorious appearing.

by the way... i'm still working on that prophecy thing i promised a few of you a while back... there's a lot more to it than i originally thought, and my aunt's currently borrowing the book i was using as my main sorce of referrences to all the different prophecies. i haven't forgotton about it, but it may be a while before i get it finished.

15. Jesus is coming and he's singing "Here I Am(duh nuh nuh nuh nuh). Rock you like a hurricane."

edit: c'mon c'mon c'mon