the idea of nonexistence after death

Discussion in 'General' started by Faramir, Nov 24, 2012.

1. It is not I who is put upon the pedestal.:cool:

2. Scientists dont base evidence on faith. They seek and share truth. Trial and error. Hypothesizing end experimenting. Accept truths before speculation. HOW SMUG

3. Life is spectacular.

4. Right. Well your input is so utterly useless I wonder what kind of God you think you are. Absolute God of Bull's Shit?

5. I agree life is spectacular!!

6. The fact that we even exist blows my mind.

7. Yeah i read HP Lovecraft Im privy too, LOL

8. Hello Faramir :wave: Dont worry about death it will come to you regardless if your scared or not :smoking:

9. And your input so far in this thread has been absolutely mind blowing...:cool:

10. I think none of us should really get tied down to any ideas of what happens after death. You can have your ideas and it can be as supported by as much science as ever - but we just have no clue. :eek:
    I'm leaning more towards there being non-existence after death, but what if it isn't? The excitement of finding out is probably going to be the only thing giving me a reason to be happy on my death bed.

11. At the least its relevant. You suck at this game pal

12. Going back to the Thread ... What's your idea of non-existence ? I'm curious to see if there is more free minds like mine.

13. YOLO. You Obviously Love Oreos.

14. Sorry if it's already been said, but i think that other than religious beliefs, the reason most people believe that there is an afterlife is so they can still hold on to people they've lost. It's like when your gf/bf leaves you and you like to think that they still think about you when in reality they probably don't.
    People like the idea that people they love and have died are still around as spirits so that they don't feel lonely.

I lost a close friend to suicide, and i've always knows the harsh reality, she's gone, she's never coming back and all i have left is memories. I'm not going to one day see her when i die because we will both be non existant.
    It's a shitty shitty feeling indeed.

15. That's why, the only thing that matter is what we do in this life. Most people focus about how are they going to live their afterlife and missed their real life.

That's why religion is not for me, neither spirits or afterlife.

16. how did you knowwww?!

17. nonexistence is nonexistence, its the same as before you were born or when you are in a dreamless sleep

theres no imagining to be done because theres nothing to imagine, however in this instance it goes on forever

18. Some days wouldn't be special, if it wasn't for rain Joy wouldn't feel so good, if it wasn't for pain Death gotta be easy, 'cause life is hard It'll leave you physically, mentally and emotionally scarred

- 50 cent

I believe there is something else after this life, but if there isn't oh well it's not like your the only one that's going to die. Maybe we go back to a collective consciousness, sort of like the egg story. but from going deep on hallucinogens I think there are other frequencies universes or whatever but right now no one 100% knows for sure.

19. people be mad as hell on gc

20. guys guys.... death is not the end. We are spiritual beings having an human experience. Soon after we die, we forget our life, thats why we dont remember our previous LIVES.