the idea of nonexistence after death

Discussion in 'General' started by Faramir, Nov 24, 2012.

1. gets me so goddamn down i can't fucking stand it :'(

scientifically the most likely scenario after we die is pure nonexistence, as in the sensation you get when you fall asleep but you arent asleep

before we were born we had brains that werent fully functional, after we die our brains wont be fully functional so logically our states of mind will most likely be like before we were born which is nothingness

god fucking damn all i want is to relive my childhood :/

:(

2. The cessation of existence is something the human mind cannot easily comprehend ... unfortunately

3. so damn true man . . . . . .

4. This is exactly what I believe. It makes me sad but you know, it's just one of those harsh truths.

5. no sense worrying about it, nothing you can do to change that. live your life now and stop being a downer! i will cross this bridge when it comes :smoking: lol

6. Finally people that thinks exactly like me. I won't discuss GOD, I do believe in a Creator and follow the 10 commandments the best I can.

But I have the perception, when we die, that's it. Is just the eternal sleep. Hence the phrase Rest in Peace (RIP). I do believe in doing good, brings you good and everything start at home ideology. If you come a from a broken home, most likely you will be broken. However; when we die, I firmly believe that's it.

Lights Out
    Game Over
    Sweet Dreams

For the past 9 years, I could barely remember any of my dreams, if I have one. Therefore, dying to me is like going to sleep every night. I don't believe in afterlife, neither spirits. The idea of a afterlife and more rules to follow, just gives me nightmares right now !

ZS

7. When I start thinking about death sometimes I just try to remember one of my favorite quotes.

"Death, therefore, the most awful of evils, is nothing to us, seeing that, when we are alive, death is not come, and, when death is come, we are not." - Epicurus

8. the scariest thing ive ever heard is the line from the main character of the great movie, american beauty, "in less than a year i'll be dead. of course i didn't know that then"

that idea, of an early death but not expecting it just scares the fucking living shit out of me :(

i just gotta remember that the chances of a random early death are VERY VERY VERY FUCKING low haha

9. [quote name='"zeroshawdow"']Finally people that thinks exactly like me. I won't discuss GOD, I do believe in a Creator and follow the 10 commandments the best I can.

But I have the perception, when we die, that's it. Is just the eternal sleep. Hence the phrase Rest in Peace (RIP). I do believe in doing good, brings you good and everything start at home ideology. If you come a from a broken home, most likely you will be broken. However; when we die, I firmly believe that's it.

Lights Out
    Game Over
    Sweet Dreams

For the past 9 years, I could barely remember any of my dreams, if I have one. Therefore, dying to me is like going to sleep every night. I don't believe in afterlife, neither spirits. The idea of a afterlife and more rules to follow, just gives me nightmares right now !

ZS[/quote]

Twin, is that you? All of what you said is what I think too

10. I think the human is not afraid of Death. We born to die. However; we are SCARE to DEATH in not knowing, how are we going to die. At least that happens to me.

11. Such is the nature of life.

12. Tell me about it. I don't feel Coo-Coo ! :D

13. Lol wow. Nothingness isnt painful, dont worry

14. I dont like to think about such things it gives me a weird out of body kinda feel.

15. Life is painful.

16. Death gotta be easy cuz life is hard

17. #17 Niveuspuer, Nov 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2012
    I don't see how the likelihood of potential outcomes of what happens after one dies could possibly be comparatively quantified. :confused:

That said, I don't believe in any religion [many facets of any of which can be logically disproven] but I wouldn't be so quick to discount possibilities other than eternal nothingness.

18. i thought of this a lot during my childhoood so it's not a new thought
    it's not a nice thought, but what can you do
    if it is. it is
    let it be
    YOLO
    lol

19. i don't get why people would want to live forever even in some other plain of existence.

20. Yeah no shit. Nothingness isnt. Which is my point