I'm about five weeks in but wanted to start this for my personal reference and to document all that I have learned along the way. When I started these four plants, I knew nothing about growing anything outside of a salt water fish tank. But I figured if you run a reef tank surely you can grow a few plants. I will apologize in advance as this first post will be quite lengthy. 08/16 - I didn't want to order expensive seeds on my first grow and kill them all so I got four seeds of a decent mid from a friend and put them on a wet paper towel in the sun. 08/18 - Whoa - those look like roots!!! 08/19 - With all four seeds germinated time to run to local hydro store for supplies. (I didn't even know my city had before this "science project". ) Bought Fox Farms Ocean Fresh, perlite and dolomite. Mixed the three and put in Solo cups. All four seeds showing roots from 1/4" to 1 1/2". Put in window until the weekend for warmth. Lesson 1 - Remember to mark the seedling cups after planting. (As all four of these seeds are the same, I just want to note this for future reference.) 08/21 - Hardware store. 6 27w 6500k, 1 42w 2600k all CFLs. One mylar blanket. (Barely clearing 200w and already regretting not biting the bullet and going HPS out of the gate. We'll see how it goes.) Pic 1 should show my first "grow house". Watered a very small amount every Wednesday and Sunday for first three weeks. Nothing to note for the first few weeks other than smell. For those of you that are worried, it's a problem from Week 2. It needs to be taken care of if you want any level of stealth/sanity. Even if it's not that strong - you will think everybody on the block smells it and don't know why the cops haven't shown up yet. 09/04 - Plants looked very droopy. (as shown by "grow house" Pic 1) Realized that the days of worrying about over watering were mostly over. I was vastly underwatering my plants. Started using one full turkey baster full of water and things looked up immediately. 09/07 - New problem. Plants started turning yellow and looking drab. Pic 2. Posted on question on GC and was immediately diagnosed as root bound. They were right. 09/08 - Back to hydro store for big bag of FFoF and 3g pots. Did my first transplant and all was right with the world. Lesson 2 - Transplant from solo cups to pots at 14 days. 09/15 - Decided plants were looking droopy again and upped the water schedule to every other day. Also added FF Grow Big to water. (Note: I have since learned I purchased the wrong kind. I bought Hydro 3-2-6 and should have got soil mix at 6-4-4. Hope it doesn't matter.) 09/18 - SMELL IS DRIVING ME CRAZY! Went to hydro store bought a 2x2x5 grow tent, filter and ducting. Installed. WORTH EVERY PENNY!!! 09/21 - Went on vacation. Mother-in-law watered the plants while I was gone. She's a friggen saint. 09/26 - Back home. Everything looks great. 09/28 - Holy crap. It looks like the leaves are hugging the stalk. Pic 3. Posted on GC and it was universally agreed that I was seriously underwatering with my measley turkey baster. I guess I didn't factor as the plant grew so did it's need for water. Duh. Used an entire 2 litre of water for all four plants. That's 1/2 a litre a piece. 09/29 - All that water and 16 hours turned into Pic 4. Once again, all is right with the world. Tomorrow may be another problem but I'm determined to see this through. For somebody who has ZERO experience with plants it's a fascinating process and I have read countless threads on here. Thank you to the GC community for all that you do. I plan on updating this frequently. Cheers.