The Hurricane is Coming . . .

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by EolGul, Sep 21, 2005.

1. . . . and I have a few plants outside. And live in Houston. Ouch
    Thank God, they're all in pots.

Well, 3 plants are already flowering and growing significantly every day. 3 Are less than 9" tall and are part of my late start experiment.

So anyway, my question is: if I have to evacuate, how long can my plants survive in a hot attic without getting any sunlight or water?

2. man ive heard some areas now went from manditory to "strongly suggest"

my sister lives close to the nasa center and she has to leave tonight....bummer. but good luck man. that whole no sun light thing might put the plant into shock....depends on the stage its in i guess. let me know how it turns out.

3. well if the storm is going to do damage around the outside of your house, and possibly the inside, then abandon the crop. if you put them in the attic and they die, then its a sad story. just put some FL in the attic with a timer set on 12/12, and see if it works.

4. The only problem with that is that I don't have a timer and even if I did, the power is almost guaranteed to go out.

I could be gone from anywhere between 2-5 days, so does that mean I should abandon hope? (if so, i'll be really pissed because these babies are just starting to resin up, and I check on them like 5 times a day)

5. I am in Houston as well. Should i just let the plant ride out the storm? I was thinking of puting it underneath a huge bush where it could have potection from strong winds and be able to get some light. What should we do... I dont want to loose my plant, it is just stating to bud.

6. whats worth more....your plant that can be replaced....or your ass....

screw tha plant.....move your ass..I lived in houston....almost lost a new truck an my life on the hardy toll road in the flood of 01.....that was just a heavy rain....nothing close to whats coming your way..

7. The only outside luck I can think of is something like tie it down in the woods near ya then dig a trench around 'em and add some chicken wire with rocks an shit keeping it all covered

It sounds crazy but it might be enough if karmas with ya

8. Where am i going to go? All he highways are like paking lots! I was going to evacuate but i can't now. Its bettr not to chance it. I will be okay. So will my plant. That plant has ben through some shit! If i am going to stick it out...So will she. I will let y'all know the outcome.

9. well if it get hairy....or looks that way hit the side streets an try to get up to the woodlands area....at least you wont be in concrete city...good luck dude ..I hope my other friends can get out ..I cant get thru to them.yet..

10. ok, well first of all, simple timers are extremely inexpensive. they cost around $25, if you can't afford that then you can't afford to grow. if its going to be 2-5 days, i don't think it'll be THAT much of a problem, your plants will be set back a few days of growth, but otherwise ok.

11. are you dead?

Greatings from holland :smoke:

12. I wouldn't leave anything in the house because if this is anything like new orleans there going to search houses for dead bodies and might be surprised to find some plants growing in your attic.I'd just put them in the woods and hope they survive.

13. Well were counting down the hours until hurricane Rita hits Houston. I did not put my plant in/underneath the bush... I left her out... I split to my boyfriends dads house....

14. It's gonna smash New Orleans again. It's never gonna be the same after this hurricane season, years of cleanup...

Good luck guy from the 70's, Chronic, and EolGul...

15. Plants gone... I think his mom found it. he planted 12 more...:(

16. very sorry :( good luck to you and your boyfriend with future grows.

17. Heres an update:

I left all the plants outside and lost only 1 (my biggest and healthiest) to the storm, and that's only because a huge branch fell on it. Even the babies survived without a scratch.

I didn't evecuate and the hurricane turned out to be nothing at all. Just a few hours of wind and rain. I spent almost the entire night outside on the porch enjoying the wind and laughing my ass off at the 2.7 million pussies who fled.

How did everybody else do?