The Human Dream

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by CannabisOasis, Nov 28, 2008.

1. #1 CannabisOasis, Nov 28, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2008
    One of the best videos ive ever seen that you can watch while blazed and it makes you even more chill :smoke:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fbX4NJE6bE"]YouTube - THE HUMAN DREAM[/ame]

2. Man I love the cinematography in The Fountain, truly beautiful. This is a great video, different kinda 2012 doomsday thing , ha.

3. it's the truth

4. yea, some are reluctant to believe tho.

5. people are so quick to call david icke a nutjob.

6. ... that would be nice. That video made me feel good

7. glad some people like things like this =)
    now im not alone haha

8. Okay that video was nice and inspiring and all..
    But please tell me this is just meant to be fantasy..
    Because life was never peaceful like this movie shows,
    human nature has never changed,
    in fact humans were far more barbaric centuries ago then they are now.
    Healing, telepathy..What the fuck?

9. a common theme within these theories is that humanity is much older than we believe. the idea is that there used to exist a utopia of sorts that was corrupted by an outside force and sent on a destructive path. example, the serpent in the garden of eden.

10. Oh come on - by looking at other species of animals and how violent they are one cannot possibly believe the notion that our species started off pure and turned evil due to technology, politics, etc..

It's animal nature.
    Animals are brutal.
    We just have the means to cause more destruction than other animals - if they possessed the same power they would use it as well.

11. Like the post above yours, it is that life is older than we really think it is, and that humans were once divine beings, living along side "a" god, not the god but a god, and over the years we were corrupted by laws and religions used to try to control us, so we lost our divine sense of being, and now its starting to come back to us, slowly but surely.

12. It makes sense to me. Before language, we communicated much better, learning how to express our self is a huge problem in society. Us humans produced warlords like Hitler who were enabled to abuse technology for war and slavery.

Monkeys are not violent species to each other are they?

13. I like your idea.

Is it possible that maybe, instead of us once being divine beings and once living aside 'a god' that we are all still divine beings (in our true self) and we are all a part of this god? In other words, rather than separating ourselves from this 'god', maybe we ARE this 'god'?

14. Actually..
    Monkeys also rape and murder each other.

The Common Chimpanzee is the more common and more vicious of the two. Hunting in troops, common chimps live in tribes led by an alpha male and characterized by complex social relationships, similar to the situation with humans. Among these chimp societies, as in many others, rape and murder are commonplace. Common chimps are substantially more aggressive than Bonobos, and have been known to attack and kill humans on occasion. This isn't very difficult if the human is unarmed, as chimps have over 5 times the upper-body strength of a typical human male. These chimps are omnivorous, and have a substantial amount of meat in their diet.

We are not the only violent and destructive animals on the Earth.

15. I think it's more that Humanity is advancing beyond Modern Culture + Civilization, I mean laws etc. have been in place so long and people will eventually start looking inside themselves for answers. We arent regaining our past love for nature, we are learning to love again.

16. Hm, that is quite a mind twister, but it could be possible that we are divine beings that have just lost our sense of enlightenment, and that we are the "god" of our universe or just our solar system, and that we are the true creators.

17. maybe humans are undergoing degradation?

18. Well parts of humanity are starting to realize that religion was created to control people, not to make us into better people, take for instance, the bible says not to drink, or do any drugs, while "satan" says to do them and live you life to its fullest, so in reality religion is just used to keep us from disobeying the laws, and now that some of us can see that we are beginning to realize that we ourselves have our own divine powers that we can use to change our world for the better, such as peace and prosperity.

19. I think its basic biology.

Humans were violent before anyone could communicate. It's all about survival. Other species of animals create groups and attack others of the same species also. Religion is a tool for explaining the unexplainable and recorded religion came thousands of years later.

I do agree that humanity has lost touch with mother earth.

20. It may be about survival, but theres no reason to be violent in these times, there are many technologies and services that make our lives much easier now than before, and survival isnt much of an issue, at least in the modern countries of the world, and if we would help others instead of being so self centered then i think that all countires could be modern and free of poverty and disease.