The human body is like a crane.

Discussion in 'General' started by catfish swiming, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Think of it. You have two arms, two legs, feet hands and all the rest. You look through the little glass window as you sit inside this sack of blood, flesh, organs and bones. Like a crane, but the crane has metal shafts, electronics and such. You swing your arms around to pick up a peice of wood. You use your other hand to slap the waitress's ass. Its dead simple. We send our bodys in for servicing and maintenance. We clean it and use it to our best ability. Its really crazy when you think that we judge people based on what type of machine they are running.

And that leads me to another thing. A computer is like a artificial brain. But without us they dont exist. It can gather and erase information and can connect with other computers. Like a brain.

Ive really been thinking alot latley and evrything leads one back to one word. BRAIN Some brains are broken, some are at peak performance. Some brains have a grip on reality and others dont. People are brains and nothing more. Billions of years construction of these brains and the government tells us what we can and cannot do with our brains? are you serious? get out of here. I will put THC in my brain and its none of you business. Now stop parking your vans in front of my house and your satellites spying on me. Im just a brain. Nothing more.

I think for sure though i have damaged my brain though. Sucks to think about it huh
    ?? BRAIN BRAIN ~~~~((( ***.<<<----??? what is this? brain tricks perhaps:confused::confused:

2. crazy ass shit dude got me thinking lol

3. Cool theory. When first reading I thought you ment the crane animal.

4. I know right? and when i see big buildings and cars on the roads, planes in the sky etc etc its all built by brains. A brain is a powerfull thing man. I dont know why people are wasting their time with all these blackberrys, cellphones, iphones and ipads and bullshit when they have something 100x better. A brain. A brain may not have apps or free calling on weekends but it can sure do alot more than those shitty artificial brains. If you have one... use it....

5. I like the initial part of the comparison, apart from the brain/computer part.

The problem with the brain/computer comparison is that a computer cannot simply create something out of thin air; ideas, creative arts, emotional responses, whatever it may be.

All of these things have an independant impact upon each individual person, but one computer is pretty much an identical version of one that has come before, it all has been done before; you may rewrite how a motherboard is designed, but it ultimately works on the same concepts of motherboard technology that have come before it.

It cannot simply write a song, or draw a new picture, because to do so, it would have to think for itself. As it is, it's merely reacting to its programming algorythm, which themselves rely on other man-made concepts of mathematics and engineering.

I don't know, it made sense to me, at least. :confused:

6. I like the way your brain thinks. But what i am trying to say is they are becoming an extension of mankind. My brain is a bit stuck at the moment but i will put some thc in it soon and i will come with a better answer lol

7. the answer is that it is becoming an extension of us, were evolving to use technology man, its a part of our evolution.

8. But do you think its a good or bad thing? people are starting to lose touch man. Certian people (government) are taking advantage and using them to controll people. This world is going down the shitter. Fast.

9. true, but every species goes extinct eventually so its inevitable, it's gonna happen man.

10. depressing isnt it. Whenever im sitting in a car i look at all the materials its made off. Its all going to littered everywhere and take millions of years to decompost, ruining this planet for future species. Man is a bad animal. We have lost the way of living and we will suffer. Man we are already suffering. Well maybe its just me but i dont want to be a part of this world anymore. I feel unlucky to be born into this age. Why not 1800 or something? why couldnt i be born into the dino ages or something?

11. Interesting thread people.. you guys might wanna check out this paper some of you might of seen or heard it (its pretty old) but if your into Philosophy chances are youl enjoy reading it..

Are You Living in a Computer Simulation?

12. I always compare the human to the computer, it's very similar.

13. OP posted at 4:24 am. Just sayin... :smoking:

14. haha nice spot. I was chillin on gc when i noticed it was 4.20 pm. It was actually mid day not in the early hours. but yeah i grabbed my pipe n weed n cheifed a few and ran back onto grasscity lol.

15. But i think that all the time even when im not high. Like inside of the little box is a man controling the crane. He has a set of controls that can lower, swing, extend the big arm and do all sorts crazy stuff.

Now the human body is very similar. us being brains sit in the box (head instead of metal framing and glass windows) and have the controls in our brains. We can run, smoke, eat, walk, run, throw and a whole bunch of crazy shit. Just like what? - the crane!!!!! or like a digger or something. And i think of fat people as bus's or very big trucks. They fill themselfs WAAAAAY above a normal limit with a bunch of crapy food and garbage and go really slow and get in your way when your going somewhere.

16. But i think that all the time even when im not high. Like inside of the little box is a man controling the crane. He has a set of controls that can lower, swing, extend the big arm and do all sorts crazy stuff.

Now the human body is very similar. us being brains sit in the box (head instead of metal framing and glass windows) and have the controls in our brains. We can run, smoke, eat, walk, run, throw and a whole bunch of crazy shit. Just like what? - the crane!!!!! or like a digger or something. And i think of fat people as bus's or very big trucks. They fill themselfs WAAAAAY above a normal limit with a bunch of crapy food and garbage and go really slow and get in your way when your going somewhere.

17. Brains are like computers in that they can process information, but computers do what they are told. Always. Brains do not.

Computers are machines. Incredibly complex, but they only do what they are told. You might think, "but BB, my computer does all sorts of shit I don't tell it to do!"
    Well...someone told it to do all sorts of shit. Might not have been you, but someone somewhere started the process.

(If a computer scientist reads this and I'm wrong, please tell me, I like to learn :D)

18. ^^^^^^ This. Thats what i think of sometimes when im really high haha