The House of Iron

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Ironhead, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Whats the set up? You've been talking about a drip system for a while. I started seeds for round 2 last night...want to veg longer and not sure about hempys on the bigger pots. Off to DIY I go to contemplate.

• Like Like x 1

2. You got the good chit mayne!

• Like Like x 3

3. The problem with hempys is that the roots sit in water. The plants in coco don't like that otherwise we would just let them sit in the runoff. There has to be dry cycles to get the most out of the medium.

Just a primitive setup for now.. just wanted to make sure I could do it and that it would work, which I did and it does, so that's greatness. Haha I'm no plumber... fuckin far from it, but I got it to work for me.

250gph pond pump down in the lil 5 gallon reservoir for now. Made sure to get a back flow preventer, the screen to prevent clogging, and the pressure regulator at 25psi for drip systems. Set up the pvc pipes and the drip manifolds.. they hold 8 lines per manifold, then down to the drip stakes... I might just go to open ended 1/4 inch tube, but the stakes work for now and I like that they are adjustable cause some plants drink more than others.

[​IMG]

Black tube is my shop vac. I just step in there and vac it up between feedings.. obviously I need a better system... I'll get that done in a few days. I got an idea, who knows if it will work.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have 3 plants on these two stakes.. seems like I can add quite a bit more and still get the right amount of pressure. The advantages I've noticed so far is increased growth, no buildup, and I'm using less water to keep them more happy. I was watering 2 gallons a day to each plant and now I'm making 4 gallons a day for 3 plants. That's 2 less gallons per day. Whatttttttt that is a giant cost savings.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. I don't know if you answered this already but do you have a feeding chart somewhere?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  5. There's some pics of it.. the lights are off so it's hard to quite get the best angle in the dark.

Man I'll tell ya I really thought it was gonna be harder than it was. For some reason I was thinking joining the PVC pieces together was gonna be super difficult or something.... haha I dunno, that shit was easy and took like 5 minutes.

Couple plant pics:

Sunset sherb:

This was last week, but I forget to take a whole plant pic today. Oops:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cherry AK47.. I love the smell of this.. it crazy pungent and stings the nostrils when you smell it.. a spicy cherry right now that mellows to a sweet/sour cherry.. the smell and taste are both very enjoyable.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5

6. I've been using the advanced nutrients calculator on their website. Follow it exactly and you shouldn't have any problems. I've been feeding 1300-1400 ppm 4-5 times a day.

• Like Like x 3
  7. I meant for your signiture coco nute mix

• Like Like x 1

8. General Hydroponics also has feeding charts that can be followed... if you are using coco, remember to feed heavy and frequently! I used to try to do half strength and quarter strength and it was a waste of my time. Full strength!

• Like Like x 3
  9. I'm actually doing full strength with extra flora grow still getting leaves yellowing on me.

• Like Like x 2

10. What is the PPM and PH going in and coming out in the runoff? That will tell ya what action you need to take to correct the problem... growing by the numbers!

• Like Like x 2
  11. Exactly what I wanted to see bro! I've been dreaming of home depot all week lol. No time during the week

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  12. Just doing some reading on the advanced nutrients website and thought this was funny

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 6
  13. Ph is 6.0 PPM is 520 going in and I don't have a way to test the runoff and I water the pots until they are heavy and I get a little run off.

Ppm seems kinda low if I'm honest..

• Like Like x 3
  14. Dude I like your style and your pictures are amazing! I've been on here for about two months now and there's about three or four quality people that I talk to almost daily - only been growing 10 months but got my skills in line and still reading and doing research all the time. Your buds blow mine out of the water but that's why I'm here to talk to guys like you and learn there's just a little of what I've done with my time these last four months. I figured if I can't grow peppers or tomatoes how the hell am I going to grow some quality cannabis? With that in mind I decided to grow other crops now what started as a bad seed grow for fun- has turned into a love of gardening with an emphasis on high-quality cannabis

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  15. Alright I know where I messed up.
    Didn't flush enough between feedings so the salts never got properly removed and the plants all probably have nutrient lockout. Gave em a good solid flush. That should fix it.

Thanks Iron. I wouldn't have realised my mistake if you hadn't asked what my runoff was at.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Damn iron the stock on that girl is pretty impressive reminds me of the outdoor massive cannabis bushes that you cant even get your arms round like a tree trunk.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  17. Don't forget the pressure regulator and screen filter! I saw some that were an all in one piece, but I had already bought them separately. Regulator helps to not blow the lines off the manifolds.. and the filter will keep ya from getting clogs at the drippers.

I think I'm gonna go ahead and plumb up this whole room, that way I don't need to sweat watering while I work on the new flower room. I found the 250gph pumps on amazon for $18 bucks. I think one of those in each res and we should be good to go.

I also stick a very small pump in the res to stir the nutrients around to prevent settling. It's on the same timer as the drip, so when the res starts to spin, I know it's dripping too.

• Like Like x 3

18. Haha

• Like Like x 3

19. Did ya test your runoff? I test the PH and PPM in the runoff every time I water... gotta see how they are taking the feedings ya know?

520 is about half strength for veg. I start seeds with 250, then move up to 500 after 2 weeks... then up to 1000 for veg.

Flower at the flip is 1200, once I start the PK booster is goes to 1350-1400, Switch out PK for Overdrive and it goes back to 1200 for the last 2 weeks, then flush.

Before every time I bump up the feedings, I flush the medium with 200ppm of cal/mag.. I rinse em pretty dang heavy. Usually double what I normally water... that brings the ppm down, then immediately feed with whatever the higher strength feeding is. Helps em take the higher feeding better... smoother transition I reckon.

• Like Like x 2

20. Hey Big P what up! Good to meet ya homie. Cool to have new people in here lately.

Had a nice harvest eh? Looks tasty, what strain is that?

• Like Like x 1