The House of Iron II

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Ironhead, Jul 18, 2017.

1. one other thing about rinsing coco.

methods on how.

i have see a guy put water in a bucket and his brick of coco and then he scoop all the fibres from the top and dumps the powder sludge that comes in the bricks out.

the 11lb coco brick i bought claims to be double rinsed but assuming not to trust that and rinse myself.

any ideal ways to rinsing your coco? does the powdery substance disolve or does it have to be removed somehow?

grow area all cloroxed out and clean. need 2 timers for the irrigation pumps and my pots but that no big deal

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Hey, what do u guys think, ive been flushing the last week for harvest, & i checked today and the runoff is down to 350 ppms, give or take a few, and the ppm of the water and florakleen im flushing with is 200. The girls are rdy to be chopped, but should i go ahead and flush maybe another day or so, & then chop em, or would u say 350 isnt too bad?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2

3. Yo man! Hand feeding still.. I just make up a couple gallons for each plant and feed off that throughout the day. I really don't like messing with the reservoirs, but I'm sure I'll have to go back to them sooner or later. Kind of a pain in the ass to get in there and water em 4x a day.

Prolly end up going to dosers... I really like the way they work, just expensive to start up.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Not so much the softer the water the better cause without a water report and nutrients formulated off that report, you really have no idea what's in the water.

RO is a great base cause it's the same no matter where you are. Some companies base their formulations off RO water and some off tap, you just need to figure out what yours uses.

• Like Like x 2

5. I just expand the brick with tap water, then take the expanded stuff into a bucket with holes and rinse with hot water til the bucket is hot, the rinse with cold until the bucket is cold. Boom rinsed.

• Like Like x 4
  6. I've found even the bagged stuff usually needs to be rinsed... it can be very high in salt and varies greatly from batch to batch, so I just save myself the money and buy the bricks if I'm gonna rinse it anyways.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Sounds about perfect... I usually flush with the flushing agent until the last few days, then switch to RO only cause it's a lower ppm and really brings it down quickly. I personally don't take my plants until they are under 50ppm, but that's personal preference.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Thanks 4xs a day Man you love them plants
    Im lucky if I can do it 1xs a day, but I have problem climbing stairs now so it sucks

• Like Like x 5
  9. I do love them bitches.. but ya know when literally your entire world hinges on harvesting as much quality bud as possible, you do crazy things.

Can't wait to get the new room up and running.. much less hands on me thinks.

• Like Like x 5
  10. Got me a ticket for an airplane, aint got time for a fast train...

Hi irn-doggy! Im sittin here doing my crocker imitation at 2 in the morning. Old lady is pissed... i just sing louder. Some people say im a dick. Rotflmao!

it's getting pretty squanchy in here!

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 2

11. I'd never call you a dick dude! Weird af sometimes, but not a dick. Hahaha *high five*

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Did you know you control the runoff PH by the strength of nutrient solution? I like my runoff PH to read 6.2-6.5 in veg and flower. In at 6.0 out at 6.5.

If the runoff goes higher than 6.5, I raise the strength of the nutrient solution by 100ppm or 1ml of base.

If the runoff goes lower than 6.2 I lower the strength of the nutrient solution by 100ppm or 1ml base.

Just some food for thought.

Couple pics

[​IMG]

Chocolate Mint OG:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mcgrupp:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Some frosty as shit right the're man

SOUR DIESEL AND GHOST TRAIN HAZE before the gg4 crosses start to go in.
    SOUR DEISEL, STRAWBERRY HAZE first run to test before the gorilla glue #4 go in!

• Like Like x 4
  14. That mcgrubb is just heaven iron dude, what light you got those babys under a CMH? Choco mint og is looking like a sexy lady aswell.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
  15. Nothin to rinse here either once I figured out it needs to be given at a lower ppm. Haven't rinsed in a long time.. just barely enough runoff to check the numbers and It's been great.

I would like to try some Mills sometime tho, looks like a good line. Is that what you use?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Thanks homie

No CMH yet.. just Hortilux 1000's HPS and MH Blue. I really like MH bulbs.

• Like Like x 2
  17. I knew you had to be running a mh or cmh that frost is too heavy for just hps.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  18. I've gotten the best trichrome coverage using a combo of HPS and MH. Might yield more with HPS only, but I'm willing to take the loss for the quality.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1