The House of Iron II

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Ironhead, Jul 18, 2017.

1. I had it on a barneys farm blue cheese auto turned out to be a photo and a large plant due to the mutation, i think if she was not a runt she would of produced really well. For the size of the plant normally id expect something like 5 ounces turned out to be 2.5 with another ounce or so of total shit. Just to airy and not great genetics in my opinion had numerous issues throughout with her. Just bad luck ive seen some very big plants/yielders from fasciation but my first experience has not been a good one.
    Love tga's chernobyl have not found the lime pheno yet but its on my long list of genetics to try.
    Few pics of the bits that led me to fasciation.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

2. All about NYC sour diesel then pick a good genes plant..
    Any of the gorilla glue 4 crosses will also probably provide u what u want

• Like Like x 1
  3. Guess they got the mutations on lock.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Yo man! Been a while eh

Ok I had to go back and look and it's in a 5 gallon smart pot and he pulled 7700 grams wet. Coulda swore he said it was around 1700 grams dry, but I couldn't find where he said it.

Here's a shot of it.. they grow em big over there:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  5. The drip is where it's at with coco 4x a day at 250-350ppm. I love it.. so easy.

• Like Like x 6
  6. 7700 wet 1700 dry. Growin trees homie

• Like Like x 3
  7. Geeez she is a beauty even 7700 grams wet is some damn yield. Whats he feeding them unicorn piss or something?

• Like Like x 3
  8. I'm pretty sure ppm meters are factory calibrated.. I've never had to calibrate one before, only the PH meters. My Hanna Groline is absolutely the best meter I've ever used. I love the hell out of it.

.7 or .5, either way.. as long as you know what it's at, you can read the chart and be on the same page. See if it has an EC setting, much easier to learn with that.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Fun part is setting it all up.

Well for me at least.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Couple pics of the room today. Moving along with the drywall. This is the veg room and the reservoir/drying rooms. Been a lot of work to get this far. Built it all with my own 2 hands. Feels good. Damn good.

Gotta finish up the drywall, seal it all up, work the corners, paint, run electrical. Lots more work to do. It's been fun, I jump out of bed every morning ready to hit it again. Ever get that feeling you are headed in the right direction?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. read up on that discussion today... definitely learned that EC is the only way to accurately discuss amongst growers

man thats looking the dream iron. coming along very nicely and looking professional

keep grinding bro i know you see the light at the end

• Like Like x 3
  12. so on this conversion chart im looking at it says EC .4, .5 =200ppm, .7=280ppm

if my meter is set at .7 and my tap ppm is 280 this means my tap water EC is .4?

• Like Like x 1

13. correct me if im misunderstanding here.
    your ppm per gallon is around 1000-1100
    feed a ~half gallon every 4 hours breaking that up into about 250-350 each water?
    no feeds or waters at lights off correct?

:love-mj::passing-joint::smoking-bong:

• Like Like x 1

14. Yep your tap water is like mine, pretty much unusable... mine actually comes out closer to 400 on the .5 scale or .8EC... that's too dang high.

15. If you have a gallon of water that is 1000 ppm and you take a quarter of it, it's still 1000ppm.

I'm usually at 1.0EC in veg when I'm watering twice a day... once I flip into flower and go to 4x a day, I lower to ppm to the .4-.8 EC range. Any time I go higher, I run into root rot and I get mad buildup. I actually haven't flushed any regular water thru my containers in 3 months or so... hahaha I used to flush every few days. What a waste.

Coco likes frequent low ppm feedings... like a body builder eats. Sure you can get all your daily nutrients in 2 larger meals, orrrrrrrr you can do like 4-5 meals a day broken up into smaller pieces so your body is using them more efficiently...... same exact thinking.

I like 4 feeds a day.. any more than that and it seems to be a waste. None at night, but I do the last feeding right before lights out. My lights go from 10a-10p so the feedings are at 10a-2p-6p-930p. Takes about a 1/4-1/2 gallon depending on the plants for every watering.

• Like Like x 3
  16. As iron said it will still be 1000 ppm the only way to lower a too high ppm feed is to add more water. Id suggest reading up about the science behind ppm/ec meters it will come in handy to understand what the meter is actually doing. PPM is parts per million, EC is electric conductivity.

• Like Like x 2

17. Ya I'm really not sure why nutrient companies tell you to add so much. I get much better results adding just a fraction of what they suggest. The line I use now calls for 16ml per gallon... at 1550ppm 4x a day in late flower. I use only 2ml-4ml per gallon at 250-450ppm depending on the plant.

When I would grow them at full strength, I got lots of crazy buildup.. sometimes 1000ppm in a single day and the PH would tank to 4 in the runoff.

Since I backed off the feeds, no more burnt tips, I have the best looking roots I've ever grown, and there is no buildup at all while the PH trends upwards every feeding. It's a beautiful thing... something I've searched a long time for and finally found.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Looking great buddy
    Are you hand feeding 4Xs a day or are you running drippers on timers?

• Like Like x 4
  19. whats wild af is that ive checked two buddies water that live give or take an hour or so away from me and both of their tap ppm water from their bathroom sink was both exactly 80. so it looks like i know where ill be refilling some 50g barrels every now and then and taking them home.

they live on an orchard and the water from the orchard irrigation systems straight from the ground was 80ppm.

then his house 20 min from the orchard in a different city was 80ppm..

i thought my ppm at home was retarded high at 280 but thats .4EC on my scale. your tap would read on my scale 200ppm

either way it goes. the softer the water the better? so if i have easy access to 80ppm water (havent checked ph yet) should i use that instead of installing an RO system at my place?

• Like Like x 1
  20. thanks for the heads up dude. .yes i have a ppm meter. what threw me off was all the different scales used to measure ppm.its all about follow this ppm but luckily my meter told me its factory setting, and that it can be adjusted from .4-1EC was superhelpful. now i just have to remember when discussing ppms and jazz with other growers its all about EC. and what scale my meter is on for accurate feeds in the future

again I will stick with the ~.2EC super soft natural water that comes from the ground at the orchard and shouldnt have a worry in the world

:gc_rocks:

• Like Like x 2