The House of Iron II

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Ironhead, Jul 18, 2017.

1. I got it from a friend on IG named tigersharkgrows... I answered some question correct that he asked and he sent me a couple packs. I did have to cut out a hermie that was with this bunch.. it was beautiful too..... but it had to go. I was all excited cause I finally had a plant that grew a bud in the fan leaf, when I looked closer at that bud, I could see nanners in there, then all over the rest of the plant.. bummer.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  2. #122 The sailing dog, Sep 19, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
    It was strange i was not getting chocolate really i was more getting a limey/hashy taste with a little bit of the purple earthy/berry flavour it was very moreish. Mine was quite a small plant but very dense nugs and quite frosty. I reckon with some training she would of been a beauty i know humboldt say its one of their best yielders but in my experience the sativas yield more.
    Edit: the smell while growing was for sure berry and a peppery hint which i put down to the grandaddy purp, but ive never done GDP so couldnt say for sure
    Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bummer but that trich coverage is insane i could imagine crossing her with a big yielding girl that lacks resin coverage, it almost resembles some of the jacks cleaner ive seen. Although recently ive seen people bashing tga not sure why but i dont stay informed with the american side . Never had or just not spotted that mutation yet i did have one called fasciation last grow was very strange squashed almost ribbon looking stems.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Congrats, Man, that's a good looking young man you ushered into this world. Weed don't mean $%^& compared to our Children
    :judgekneel:
    And glad to hear you're slowly crawling back !!! Be seeing ya!

• Like Like x 4

5. Hey it's crossed with some TGA.. good eye homie. It's Chernobyl x Abusive OG x Tre Stardawg

I have always wanted to see the facsation. I've seen other growers get it here and there, but never seen it myself... I look at it like the holy grail of mutations and the bud in the leaf is one of the 7 natural wonders. Haha

• Like Like x 3
  6. I appreciate that brotha. Havin kids is fun. Even better when they are happy babies.

I'm around.. finally getting my sea legs back.

• Like Like x 4
  7. you don't flower in 5gal pots do you? arent you in some big a totes?

• Like Like x 1
  8. I like to use about 3 gallons of coco... anymore than that and they take forever to dry out. The faster the containers dry out, the better... I just never let them get dry cause I'm watering 4x a day.

• Like Like x 3
  9. thanks broski i was just looking at a guy pulling 5-6 zips from 1.7g in coco, so easily decided on running 1s or 3s.
    now i just have to decide on how many lol. was thinking of 3 groups of 3 in 3gallon with some training. girls on weeks 3 and 6 finishing out will have the panel directly over them and the girls on week 1 fresh from veg will be offset.

im not TOO worried about yields as if we harvest 10 or so zips every 3 weeks that will be plenty for my girlfriend and i per month but the goal is to find a keeper knockout indica. the ole lady has a HORRIBLE time trying to sleep at night. was prescribed to TWO xanax bars per night. two bars ya i know idfk how someone can even write a script that high but anyways cannabis has literally gotten her completely off the sleeping pills whether it be ambien or anything else shes tried.

so once i get my feet wet in coco and somewhat experienced i have to find a bomb ass knockout indica for her at night to keep a mom around. i have a Fire OG cross and saw where fire og was a top nighttime bud for 2017

• Like Like x 3

10. I've seen people pull pound+ plants indoor from 2 gallons of coco. Resinrancherspdx on IG pulled like 1700 grams dry off 3 gallons, looked so on point too, not nasty. It's for sure doable with the correct feed and proper environment.

Man Ive always had trouble sleeping, but best thing I ever did for sleep was make edibles. Strong edibles. I eat a cookie or two every day and I sleep like a baby now. Hard to beat a deep ass indica. I love those type of strains. I'm an indica guy anyways.

• Like Like x 8

11. yea I am definitely a fan of the edibles. and wow thats some crazy yields in those size pots!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Woah now, that's looking more Bill-doe than cigar like!

• Like Like x 2
  13. I got that mutation once, and it was from TGA also.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Yo iron, glad to sub up again. Shaking off these summer cobwebs.
    Congrats on the new addition!
    1700g from a 3g pot? That's over 3lbs, surely you meant 170g or something?
    When I stated a few years ago, I was swayed by some of the pics of "MONSTER YIELDS" in coco and after a couple of years I have come to see that those high yields are possible but they're still genetic dependent. I've had an AK and a blue dream that consistently put out 5oz/plant whether I vegged for 0 days from clone or 3 months from clone. I was adjusting the system along the way so changing feed timing, feed strengths, nute lines etc had little effect. I'm still learning (and always will I hope) but I've got 'em going in hydro now to see how they compare from the coco runs.
    I am much more interested in pheno hunting now too. Someone in my area has a cotton candy pheno that has all the aroma and flavor of cotton candy. I want it so bad but I'm pretty sure it's gonna take some effort to find. I also have to consume everything that I produce so if I do this find that pheno, it's a lot of potential for bud I might not really care for. I've had decent experience with Delicious Seeds so I'll have to get a pack of their cotton candy I guess. Powerplant x Lavender.
    I was looking at bubbleg from Canuk seeds and they say in came from that Indiana bubblegum. I think I'm gonna give it a try but I haven't seen enough reviews online yet.
    Would LOVE to get my hands on some ocean grown genetics. That dark helmet and ninja fruit both seem up my alley.

Sent from my Pixel using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  15. I hand watered all of my coco runs so I have to say, this hydro run is a fucking DREAM where demands for attention are concerned. Also the humidity! With the reduction in evaporation, humidity is completely normal for the season.
    I think I'm going to revisit coco soon enough, but I will be doing a flood and drain like Vader does I think. Flooding coco seems to me like the best of both worlds.

Sent from my Pixel using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  16. hey iron i have a question my dude. my digital ppm meter is factory set at .71.

do i need it set on .7 or .5? and it didnt come with calibration standard solution so im assuming i need to get some to accurately calibrate it?

• Like Like x 1
  17. I dont know a huge amount about ppm meters the one i have is only one conversion rate so i think its .7 not all of them can be changed but it does not really matter about the scale. It should come calibrated but you will need some calibration fluid to make sure it does not drift over time. So you can re calibrate it.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Ive seen 1kg from a autoflower so 1700gs could be possible it sounds a hell of a lot but lets see what iron says

• Like Like x 1
  19. 20170919_100603.jpg 20170921_114053.jpg

the goodies have arrived. going to pick up a few timers for my pumps and then should be setup and hopefully have some beans ready by next week.

smoke break though...

• Like Like x 2