The House I Live In

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by mos619, Mar 7, 2013.

1. #1 mos619, Mar 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2013
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AOCzi6zI3c[/ame]

This is an awesome DOC about the detrimental impact of the War on Drugs and mandatory minimum sentences. The official website is www.thehouseilivein.org and, while there isn't a DVD release yet, you can find a torrent if you know where to look.

2. Bump because this is now on Netflix.

This is a great doc showing where the US really is and has been since the War on Drugs began. Use this as a tool and share it so that more people might open their eyes and minds to what this war has become. DISCUSS-ting.

Sorry. I'm space traveling and on a politically charged planet. But if you're up here with me, maybe there's hope if we spread this around. OP, cool if we talk about this here?

• Like Like x 1
  3. thanks for that im watching it on netflix now and there is bonus material on it to 

4. Something inherant in the psyc of the caucasion race. We wiped out the native Americans when we first got here, pretty much demonized every race of people ever after. Chinese, blacks, Irish, mexican, it didn't matter. When will we learn we are not a superior race...we are all humans. Now in the aftermath, we have insane laws that not only victimize the people that were initially targeted, but also white offspring that refuse to live by their fathers' racial hatred. For such a "Great" country sometimes I don't feel we are so great. :(

5. This one is definitely an eye-opener. Not only for those ignorant to the real motives behind prohibition, (It sickens me that people still honestly believe it's keeping us from harm, though that's a dying breed.) but to people like myself who are politically active in this and other REAL issues. Violent crime in America and just south of our borders is ignored/profitted on while small-time dealers/users are taken for everything they're worth leaving them no options other than repeat-offences. Disgusting.

And the rape statistics alone. DOUBLED. While some 60some% of REPORTED rapes (already a small number compaired to reality.) are UNREPORTED by law enforcement. And they report every drug "crime" they can sniff out/manifest. ALL FOR A PAYCKECK. Priorities, people.

Let's get the word out in hopes that these might change. Sometimes I wish our imaginary, worthless currency would just crumble. Money shouldn't be the motive.

6. Watched it.. Loved it.. Spreading the word now..