Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

The horror of not being able to sleep without bud

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Panic Station, Jan 3, 2008.

1. Originally, I was going to go to bed at 1am. Tried that and now it's 4:15am.

Outta bud and once again, it's just almost impossible to sleep. Roommate has some but I really don't want to wake him up. Seriously considering doing it at this point though just to get a nice bowl in me and fall asleep to some good tunes....

Who else hates having to deal with this? How do you get through sleep when you run out of buds?

2. man how funny...same situation right here, i usually pop some Tylenol "simply sleep" tablets, but i'm all out:(...so i was hoping the forums would put me to bed

3. still up at 5:45am.

this sucks. by the time my roommate wakes up it probably wont matter or ill be so tired it'll kill the high :(

4. i feel you man

5. One of the main reasons I started smoking is because I have insomnia like a motherfucker, and grass was the only reliable solution. I've tried pills before, but they either made me really pissed off all the time, did nothing or gave me some fucking terrible side effects like massive headaches and the occasional ten minutes or so of shivering without even being cold. Weed, however, helps me sleep and gets me high. Win/win situation.

6. Grasscity burns time away it definatly wont put you to sleep.

7. exercise in the day

8. it deffinitely won't put you to sleep, but i as well have sleeping issues and this helps... very old remedy, im sure a few of you may have heard of it...

warm milk!!!! haha it does work well though
    I personally dont like milk warm though, so i make some swiss miss hot chocolate but use milk instead of water, microwave, mix, drink, relax, and hopfully sleep. It won't work as well as pills or bud, but if ur out of both, go for it, it will deffinitely help calm and relax you.

9. damn i know how you feel mang usually when im like that i po 2 tylenols and 15 mins later im sleeping like a dog

10. Same problems here. What I do when I'm dry and want to sleep:

-Exercise. Get your heartrate up for a good 20-30 minutes. Break a sweat even. That's less calories available to keep you up all night.
    -Cut out electronics. Don't use anything with a screen for about an hour before you go to bed.
    -Don't use drugs to fall asleep that you wouldn't normally be using. You'll be introspectively checking "is this making me sleep...? well, I'm still awake... damnit!" further interfering with sleep. However, if you drink a 40 before bed usually then by all means continue to do so.
    -Call your girl or masturbate. 'Nuff said.
    -Write shit down. Make a to do list. Write a few passing thoughts about the day. It helps clear the mind.
    -Breathe. It's simple, you don't think about it. But when you focus 100% on your breathing, it's really quite relaxing.

11. yeah man, bud should be only for recreational use not for helping you to cope with life.

12. ^^ Those work very well unless you have like hardcore insomnia.

13. ended up crashing around 7am. woke up at like 1:30pm and have been blazin all day.

gonna make sure i save a nug for a few bedtime bowls

14. yea, same boat right now also. i think being on a forum about weed just makes me more anxious for it though:(

15. I feel ya man. This is the second night out of three that i haven't slept...

16. it usually takes a day or two for me to get used to the non bud situation... the first night is always the hardest... i always sit up for at least an hour or 2...

but after that i tend to regulate my body better...

plus i always have very vivid dreams when i'm not smoking... but i never dream when i'm stoned.... anyone else have this?

17. Yeah im the same way I cant sleep for like 2 hours

18. Cannabis interfers with your R.E.M. sleep. So you won't have many dreams or remember them. Cannabis uses tend to wake up groggier than the non user.

But I need it with the insomnia like condition I have.

19. im gonna have the same problem when going back to college in a few weeks, i can count on one finger how many days i havent smoked since i have been home. that night i couldnt sleep to save my life