The hole some people have in bongs to suck in normal air?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Sc0pe, Apr 28, 2013.

1. You know that hole you have on a bong that you cover when starting up and let go towards the end to clear the chamber,
    is that really neccessary?

When i smoke i just try to suck it all up until the weed doesnt smoke anymore, i dont see the reason for the extra hole

2. It's called the carb hole, and yes there is a need for it. Ain't nobody want to hit some stale ass smoke.

3. The hole is only for bongs which dont have sliders. Its so fresh air can help bring the smoke through the mouthpiece bydiffusing the smoke with oxygen

4. Bongs can have removable slides and carb holes. It used to be popular in Australia. I wouldn't want a bong with one though.

5. always thought a *bong* with a carb hole was considered a bubbler instead. but yea, you hold it while taking a hit, and release during the end of the hit to clear the chamber faster.

6. A bubbler is just a small bong. although there are mini bongs too. Sometimes it's hard to define exactly.

And i just don't like the idea of a carb hole on the bong, when you pull the slide to clear the air goes through the downstem/perc which forces the air faster, where a carb just let's air in

7. Another problem with carbs is sometimes they don't let enough air in to clear the piece completely. Glass on Glass bongs you just pull the bowl/slide out of the downstem to clear it so you don't need a carb

8. No, a bubbler is a bong with a mouthpiece (disc, bent neck, ect.), size has nothing to do with it. Pieces that end in an open straight tube are bongs