The Hobbit.

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Deutschbag, Aug 19, 2008.

1. Who is excited to see this movie when it comes out in a couple years?

Haha I know its a a bit premature. Love LOTR though and am glad they are deciding to do the hobbit.

2. dude i am stoked! my brother just told me about this the other day..

have you seen the old cartoons? definitely not as visually appealing at the new movies but they are fun to watch nonetheless. :D

3. Guillermo Del Toro should be an interesting director given his love for monsters...

Smaug's gonna looks badass.

4. i cant wait

5. I hadn't heard of it, but that's freaking cool. I'm going to look into that.

6. We should all be proud

7. i'm so happy Guillermo Del Toro is doing it

8. I know Smaug is going to be off the hook. The trolls should be pretty interesting too.

9. Well i am a fan of the books, and absolutely hated the way the movies changed everything around. They took out some really cool and important parts, and instead added lots stupid shit that never happened in the books, and should never have been in the movie. Alot of really pointless shit too. But maybe with Peter Jackson not directing, this could be better.

10. the hobbit was the only one i actually read so ya it should be pretty sick, the book was awesome

11. I think Del Toro will do a great job with the source material. I just hope that his monsters and effects look in this movie will shy away a little bit from this carbon copy Pan's Labyrinth that has shown in his last few movies. Don't get me wrong, I love that look... I just don't need to see it in every movie.

Here is hopping that Del Toro's style meshes well with the feel of Tolkien, I think it will.

12. Like what?

Just wondering. I thought they held pretty true to the story.
    Sure there were some "hollywood" stuff added in it but I don't think any other director wouldn't have done it.

Btw Jackson, Walsh and another writer are all writers for the hobbit.

It's a two part movie. I don't know the complete details. Due to release in christmas 2011 2012.

13. i alwayz liked the lord of the ringz moviez and shyt like that aint really my thing but i hope the hobbit movie is gonna be a banga

14. i cant wait :hello:

15. Ya I cant wait for it to come out.