Collab The High-function Glass Corner: Discussion, Appreciation & Milk of High end Glass!

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by dirtridge, Nov 23, 2011.

1. If it's got flash and function, it's fine to discuss here, and as for the avvy...yeah..it's distracting :laughing:

I like the 70-38 (if mine even is seventy :eek: I'll trust the glassblower on this one though)

It's large enough to get good volume, but not overwhelming. The neck is comfortable and it fits well in my hand.

It might be cool for flower smoking people if you did something larger, maybe 80, 90 in the can with a jumbo donut. Maybe triple gridding on the jumbo donut (I know you said you didn't like it in normal bore, but it might be nice with the extra width)

Bathing in SG pic:

Attached Files:

2. I'm stealing that pic I don't care what you say!

3. Hahaha, feel free to jack it. ;)

4. Can we get a little bump for a great thread?

Hakko milk
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-WyaG6zQ9g[/ame]

5. good clear vid of the dirty rico:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAnUKq_2loI]MILKIN some spare kief before the show - YouTube[/ame]

6. #87 KGann, Dec 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2011
    [quote name='"KiefSensei"']

What kind of tube is that? It's wild looking, looks like it rips like a champ.[/quote]

Local blower duo, Equilibrium Glass. It's their Double Inlet, this one being from the new mini line, sporting a stacked circ, for even more drag reduction. The full size (22") won them a few awards in Vegas, and pushed them to patent the design. I have a thread over them, should check it out.
    http://forum.grasscity.com/toking-tools/894642-support-your-local-blower.html

7. thanks. I think the dwb & the dirty rico work really well together. :D

8. Cool, thanks man I'll have to take a look. Nice milk, shit. Really dig the sound of the Rico. Makes me even more impatient for my bub to get here.

9. Well last night my Luke Wilson 15 arm came in and I am excited to say the least, thing was worth every penny. I'll throw up a review and a couple milks once I've spent more time with it, but here are a couple pics and a still milk. I am absolutely in love with the way it hits.

Attached Files:

10. I just bought one of these as a result of this post... great piece at a great price
    :)

11. [quote name='"20202020"']

I just bought one of these as a result of this post... great piece at a great price
    :)[/quote]

Way awesome man! Post up some pics and a milk when you can. I recently added the matching AC, probably upload a milk soon.

12. Does equilibrium make a matching AC? Did you get it at PPV?

13. [quote name='"20202020"']Does equilibrium make a matching AC? Did you get it at PPV?[/quote]

Absolutely, single and double inline AC's.

14. Picked up the single inline AC for the Equilbrium piece :)

15. #97 Curious Toker, Jan 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2012
    kiefsensei i'm callin you out for a review ;) i've had one that i loved

here's my SGW Double Waffle:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pws859Zcx1k]StoneGlass Works Double Waffle Widow Makers - YouTube[/ame]

Function: A unique perc to StoneGlass Works, the Waffle (adapted by many glassblowers) is a popular gridded disc shaped perc with 3 rows of gridding. Producing bubbles of all sizes and churning the water, this perc does a great job at keeping the smoke at a maintainable temperature for the throat. Even large widow makers go down smooth. Multiply those waffles by two and what you have is a buttery smooth, sexy piece. A somewhat constricted flow (even for a bubbler) causes me to shave a couple points from a perfect score, a strong 8.5/10 for function.

Form: I feel this is one of the best looking scientific pieces out there. It epitomizes the phrase "scientific glass" with it's two large (44mm?) cans connected by a long downtube with the futuristic waffle at the bottom of each look menacing with their volume, but the piece actually has a very comfortable amount of smoke capacity. Well balanced. 10/10 for form, this piece is just lovely to look at :)

Cost: Cost is a weaker point as it has the Stemline/ 8 arm in the same range. Finding those two pieces in the same shop, you're likely to find the double waffle ~40-100 dollars more than the Stemline/ 8. But worth the price with the rip and craftsmanship that went into such a creation. Considering is competitors priced similarly and the pristine work that is flawless throughout the piece, I'd say this tube earns a 9/10 for it's $550 price tag.

The Company: SGW, headed by Preston Hanna (not sure but I believe there is a shopmate or two) is a local company to me. I glad to support this company in their efforts as they strive to provide unique, innovative percs to the community. The are certainly individualistic and most anything with the SGW name attached is going to be quality. 10/10 for an A+ company.

Overall: This piece is sexy, smooth and modestly priced for what it truly is. A great daily ripper, only drawn back by a somewhat constricted flow on the draw and what I can already see to be a nightmare cleaning. (EDIT: Recently cleaned it, it's easier than I thought when you focus on one chamber at a time. I'm enjoying the learning experience my first foray into the >$500 glass world has been.) However those two factors don't mean much to me and I still give this piece a 9/10 overall because I love it. It will be a mainstay in my collection. :wave:

Recommendation: Absolutely. Mich easier to find than a Stem/8, better looking and completely unique!

16. that double waffle really is a unique piece. both in shape and function

17. #99 gtx1, Jan 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2012
    Here's the nicest piece I have. Tis' a 7mm Triple 4-slit Donut Perc.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZibI-pJxIKk&feature=youtube[/ame]

18. Got my box from Apix a couple days ago.
    Ordered: stemline to disk tube; disk diffused slide with orange handle/blue stardust disk
    Included: hollow slide stand; green/blue/purple worked push slide; 3ft hempwick

All joints: 18mm
    Bore size: Guesstimate of 34mm-16mm (see 2nd to last picture)
    Stemline has around 55 holes; disk has around 40

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Skinny

[​IMG]

Late milkshot

[​IMG]

Watch milkvids in HD

Inaugural rip
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV_EoKCk810"]Apix stem/disk first rip - YouTube[/ame]
    DWB disc screen slide
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDDpXqpH3dU"]Apix+dwb - YouTube[/ame]

Function: I love it. Haven't ripped it a ton yet but it's very enjoyable. Stacks 3inches with low water and no effort. With the right water, it won't stay trapped above the disk either, which I prefer. With slightly high water, it stacks 4-7in with no effort. Small mouthpiece is surprisingly comfortable. Very smooth hits with a 'fizzy purr'. 10/10 once one learns to let the bubbles settle for a second before clearing completely.

Form: Shaping on the tube is nice and clean, I dig the bends above the disk. Slits on the stemline appear to be uniform distance apart and grids are nearly uniform as well. Holes in disk appear to be pretty random, which is what I expected, given the assumption he was trying to put in as many holes as possible. Stem is slightly tilted towards the tube and weld is pretty good, not perfect, a little bulbous. 7/10

Cost: Affordable. 9/10

Company: Dan is a great pleasure to deal with. He balances school and glassblowing and is very quick to respond to messages despite his increasingly busy life. This piece was already made so once payment was received, the package was shipped out the next day. 10/10

Overall: This tube has superb function and at a glance is extremely appealing; upon closer inspection one will notice minor flaws, but none of my friends look that close. I got some freebies which were sweet and I cannot put this tube down :D
    Dan is a [​IMG] given his experience (around 2yrs)

[​IMG]