The Heroin Diaries

Discussion in 'General' started by Smokentoke420, Jan 11, 2008.

1. [​IMG]

This book right here, written by Nikki Sixx (Remember Motley Crue?) is a collection of Nikki's Diaries when he was struggling with Heroin, Cocaine, Drinking, and "Zombie Dust". It really reminds me a lot of my drug problems, and this book was one leading factor in deciding I needed to quit meth (Meth fucked me up more than any other drug,a nd I figured it's best to stop one drug at a time)

I've been meth free for...well, todays day 11 and I feel great. I'm also on a head full of opiate pain killers, but I feel "cleaner" since I've stopped meth. This book is inspirational, as well as kinda funny in some parts, and sad in others. It has the diary entry's then, in red, it has comments from Nikki, as well as other people, commenting back on the entry's saying what they thought about it or remember. It's a great book, and I recommend it to everyone.

I don't know if it's only hardcover, but mine cost me $32 (well, it cost my mom that, she bought me it for Christmas) but really, check it out. The soundtrack "The Heroin Diaries" by "Sixx A.M." is also amazing (listen to the song "Life Is Beautiful") (check it out here)
    http://www.myspace.com/heroindiaries

I just figured I'd share, I've mentioned the book a couple times, but never really said much about it. Definitely cop it.

I'd rate it a 10/10, because I can relate so much. Except, he lives the life of a dope fiending rock star, I've got a dope fiending kinda ghetto thang goin' for me.

Thats life. :smoking:

2. Well this would be the time to say I have alittle bit of a drug problem so I have no reason to talk but

You really need to get off slammin that smack though mang you gonna OD and me and cottons aint gonna be able to ever meet you this summer mang

ill check that book next time im in a bookstore (if they carrry it)

shit I haven't eaten in 2 days cause i've been doin straight up nothin but codeine and other drugs so this is from one drug addict to another mang you stay off the H and tweak ill stay off of the H and the tweak

3. The local rock station advertised that book for at least a month before I finally broke down and bought it.. and wouldn't you know it?.. the day after I buy it, the whoring, as it were, ceases immediately. Fuck.

:p

I'm not complaining at all, really. It's an amazing book that delves into the darker side of drug use and is written in such a way that all readers that have experimented with opiates, and even those who have not, can experience secondhand exactly what it is like to be afflicted with addiction. It's quite long, but you'll be wishing it never ended by the time you're done with it.

Also, if you're going to buy it: Amazon, Amazon, Ama-fucking-zon. Retail is nearly $35 in most book stores.

4. aint one of them band members in prison,,?? i heard this a while back,,,

tried to bring some cocaine into the us,,[​IMG]

5. ive said it b4 and ill say it again, heroin can bite the fattest part of my ass. that stuff makes me feel like shit. good job on quitin the meth man. must be tough.

6. one of the hardest things ive ever done. kickin the heroin's next, i hate this nausia

7. damn dogg,,,, get that shit out of your system,,,, i know the heroin has nausia with the withdrawls,,,,

looks like you just opened a drug book and did them all....

get clean man,,,, stay to your weed and blow,,,,

all that other stuff is just too hectic for me,,,,:cool:

8. good for you man,

9. Shit man, what ever it takes to inspire you to stop poisoning yourself with that shit. Good luck.

10. ive seen H/oc fuck people up, my aunt OD'ed, 1 of my best friends from high school is doing 10 years for robbing CVS stores for oc, ive even dabbled in it myself but you live and you learn, i wish the best to you in getting off dope before its too late

11. SNT homey you gotta get off that shit!

stick with the white girl (yay not hary) and the green lady you feel me?

12. thats the worst advise ive ever heard.
    defiantly not blow.
    id say weed could help you, and becoming sober is a long process, but u can do it.

13. Thats what I was thinking, I'm on enough drugs already, I went through a coke phase, and now your sayin to get back on blow and stay off heroin and meth? lol. I'm tryin to get down to just weed and pain killers. I do need those for my back, arms, and legs from work.

14. Ive got this book to, but havent read it yet, guess i better get to it!

15. Dude, it's worth it, whether your looking for an interesting read, or some inspiration to crawl out of the spiral hell hole we call addiction.

Let me know what you think of it once you've finished. YOu can just PM me if you'd like.

16. I've been off Meth for atleast 2 years now.

There was ONE time I relapsed about 6 months into it, but kinda did and kinda didn't count.

I got a bowl for free, tried to make a sailboat to base it... And the stuff sucked so I ditched it.

Stay off for as long as possible. Its not good for anything and we all know it.

Its one hell of a ride. But there's always a brick wall at the end of the tracks.
    Feel me?

17. im sorry i was misunderstood,,,,

do your weed 24/7... and if you want that extra mmmfffhh...

then do some blow,,, not all the time,, just for that special occasion,,,,

your on the right path snt420.... and im proud of you dude,,,,

most people dont realize they have went overboard till its too late,,,,

personally i believe you may have went overboard,,, but your reaching for the ''liferaft''

so thumbs up to ya,,,,,:cool:

18. Oh trust me mayne, I've gone far further than simply "overboard" I've been drowning in the sea of addiction and depression for years. I'm just lucky I aint dead....

19. snt, just out of curiosity, what was the first drug you were addicted to and how'd you get into it and whatnot?

20. I was addicted to Oxycontin around a year ago. Withdraw was a bitch, I almost robbed someones house.