The Henhouse 2.0

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by rooster1369, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Oh wow this is a grow journal. :yay: Awesome Rooster!:wave:

2. I'm in the rabbit hole! It's dark in here and the blue pill tasted like Royal Queen's Ice :)

3. Well, the buckets are built and soaking to check for leaks. All I have to do now is mount the screen and op test everything. Seed drop tomorrow!!!:yay:[​IMG]

4. GRRRRRR:mad::mad::mad: Just broke the nib off my airstone. The only one I had too:mad::mad::mad: Off to the pet store tomorrow. Gonna get a 5" disk airstone I guess...unless it's similar price to the good one at the hydro store.

5. The finished product.....minus an airstone:mad: As you can see I modded the Rumplebucket a little by adding a handy removable mixing/top-off bucket. Temp testing it now with HPS bulb since that is the most important temp to watch. I hope it stays within range!

Attached Files:

6. Looking good rooster! :hello:

7. What's all this planning and preparation stuff you're doing? It's like you know what the fuck you're doing. What happened to winging it and then asking a shitton of questions later when things got to hell. That's about 90% of grows here, lol.

8. Thanks Sky:D

:wave::wave: Well...I've been running plans through my head for the past year or so. To wing it would just be pretty damn stupid. I try to learn from others mistakes. That and what annoys me more than shit going wrong is building the same thing five times and spending ten times the money on the same project. But I do have some newb questions :laughing::laughing::laughing:
    1) If I put a bag of ice on top of my light do I really need ventilation?
    2) Would it be better if I put my air pump inside the res to help with noise?
    3) Since I only have a 250W would a giant magnifying glass turn it into a 600W?

I don't feel like looking things up so can you just tell me?:laughing::laughing::laughing:

9. ROFL.

1) No that won't work, you need to submerge your light in ice water, just rig up a clear cooler full of water and ice.

2). NO NO NO, put it in the ice water light cooler! Saves space!

3). Yes but TWO GIANT magnifying glasses are what the real big growers use.

10. Thanks!!!! I'll make those changes right now....and when things go wrong I'll drag your name through the mud instead of researching things myself:p;):D

11. So far so good! Staying around 79* with only 1 fan on the light. will see the final results when I wake up.

12. Annual flu shots protect only about 59 percent of the population -- far less than previously thought -- according to a new study led by University of Minnesota researchers.
    The study found "major holes and gaps'' in the vaccine given to tens of millions of Americans every year to prevent influenza and its complications, said Michael Osterholm, the lead scientist and head of the university's Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy.
    In the past, experts have estimated that annual flu shots protect 70 to 90 percent of the population. But the new analysis, reviewing studies over four decades, found that on average, the vaccine worked on about 59 percent of adults younger than 65.
    In fact, flu vaccines may have had little, if any, effect during some flu seasons, according to the report, which was published Tuesday. The most common flu shot, which uses an inactivated flu virus, had no noticeable impact in four out of 12 seasons studied. The nasal spray version, which is made with a live virus, had no apparent effect in three out of 12 seasons.

13. Redirected the exhaust. It was pointed down towards the intake. Added ducting to point it straight up. I'm now at 75.9* and dropping(from 80* and climbing) with 65* ambient room temp. Shoot...if the temps keep dropping I might be able to go close to year around:cool: Once it stabilizes I can mess with the room temp to bring it back up to ~78*. 10* above room temp ain't too shabby:D

14. Holy crap, now you see, now, now that right ther is some funny a$$ flipper flapage!!!! I can already tell this is going to be an over the top thread.. G.c. I am SUPER STOKED to be here!! WoooHooo!!

15. Sounds like a good plan!

16. Bloomberg's Chart of the Day which represented the GDP and Debt per capita on a historical and projected basis, and we hysterically, and tongue-in-cheekly, dubbed it "the scariest chart ever" because it confirmed that at some point, very soon, US Debt will surpass GDP and never look back. We decided to dig into the actual numbers (cancelling out the per capital denominator as it is the same on both sides of the equation) and came to a very disturbing revelation: as of today, total US Debt, is $14.942 trillion (source), obviously an all time high. Q2 GDP as was reported by the BEA three weeks ago, was $15.012 trillion in current dollars. In other words, the spread between total GDP and total debt has now collapsed to an all time low $70 billion. Incidentally, this number was $1.8 trillion at the beginning of 2010. Then we decided to take a quick look at the upcoming bond issuance and find that tomorrow the Treasury will announce approximately $99 billion in 2, 5 and 7 Year bonds to be auctioned off October 25 through 27... With a very appropriate settlement date: October 31, elsewhere known as Halloween. Yes, ladies and gentlemen: All Hallows E'en will be doubly scary this year: for the first time since World War II, US debt will officially surpass GDP on Halloween 2011.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

17. Down to just under 8* above room temp. This has turned into a killer design for a 250W so far. we will see come harvest;)

18. Down to 6* above room temp and no louder than my A/C.:metal::metal:

19. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I thought this was some kind of lighting chart or something at first :p

:hello: Sounds awesome dude, think I'll be using nature for my lights and temps :smoke:

20. That is a scary chart:eek: were all fucked. and people call me crazy for preparing for this shiot. I know an economic collapse whenI see one, next step is hyperinflation, same event that has happened in ALL of these countries:
    Heres a list of fiat failures
    yugoslavia- dinar
    zaire- zaires
    venezuala- bolivares
    ukrain- karbovantsiv
    turkey- lira
    russia- rubbles
    romania- lei
    china- cgu
    peru- intis
    niceragua- cordobas
    hungary- pengo
    greece- drachmas
    german- mark
    georgia- laris
    france- livres
    chile- pesos
    brazil- cruzerios reais
    bosnia- dinar
    bolivia- pesos bolivianos
    belarus- rubbles
    argentina- pesos argentinos
    angola- qualansis
    zimbabwe- DOLLARS

I believe there are 17 or 20 that have failed SINCE IVE BEEN ALIVE
    You CAN count your chickens before they hatch in this case, because it is only a matter of time before our money system fails as they all do. The average lifespan of a fiat system is only 27 years, were well beyond that.:eek: We will probably soon have 1,000 and 10,000 and 100,000 dollar bills to attempt to counter the inflation:mad: