The Hempest in Northampton

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by nuto, Feb 23, 2009.

1. #21 njosnavelin, Feb 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2009
    IMO, definitely. Comparable sized roors at Northern Lights were about $50 more than the ones at Vibrations, and like I said a few of them appeared to be of questionable quality. I'm a regular at Vibrations and have it in pretty good with the guys at the shop, but even when you first go in customer service is excellent. Great selection of RooR, PH(x), ZoB, ADS, and even some insane heady pieces from bear claw and some others.

2. At the Hempest in Boston, the cheapest spoons I saw were around $40 :confused:

3. thank you man. awesome, ill head down there next time i get some cash +rep

4. #24 acekilla89, Feb 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2009
    i got my piece at the hempist in northampton. it was marked at 28 but i got it for 20. they got mostly just spoons and chillums ranging from all different sizes.

[​IMG]

my two friends got spoons there too...one was for 36 and the other was like 30 or somethin...but you also can go up to Winchester NH to Phat Stuff. They got some pretty afordable stuff from local glassblowers

Edit: Phat Stuff is 18+ only tho

5. was your piece the cheapest you could find?

also, thank you so much to everyone who's helped out! I may be getting my piece later today, so be prepped for possible pics =P

6. yeah it was the cheapest one i could find...they have like a bunch of small spoons on a rack in the case.

7. how long ago did you get it? (i'm holding out hope for price drops :p)

8. vibrations > northern lights I don't know how badly I need to emphasize that.

I saw the same piece at vibrations as I saw at northern lights marked down 20$ cheaper. Northern Lights cards you at the door so if your friends happen to be under 18 they can't come in with you. Vibrations also came outside to look at my piece (which is illegal) They will go by any means to help you. Northern lights can be dousches if you say bong they will instantly correct you (water pipe) please go to vibrations and northern lights. Both great stores but I'd recommend vibrations to you any day.

9. just this last summer

10. vibrations is really nice i went there today. bought a small 10" hvy gong. only thing they dont have compared to northern lights is no illadelphs.

11. Thank you everyone for your help! just one last thing, which is if there is any alternative to The Hempest IN NORTHAMPTON ONLY. if not, ah well. if so, it would be preferable, as I still need to get my license and thus am somewhat limited in my mobility =(

12. you could get on a bus to traderoots in amherst...i was just there last week and they got some pieces...but not alot

13. tell me about traderoots

14. word....its in amherst just a bit from the center going towards UMASS. Its on the second floor and the people who work there chill outside cause it isnt fairly busy. its a culture kinda store so theres alot of reggae vinyls, cds, and alot of neat stuff...they have rolling papers and a few spoons and bubblers, and they sell detox kits. its a cool little store.

15. do they ID spoon/bubbler purchases?

16. I actually dont know. Me and my girlfriend were just browsing the store

17. Probably, I was in there last week but didnt see anything too special(I was looking for a bong not a spoon). They do have a small selection of spoons, didnt see the prices.

18. fair enough. if anyone can tell me about their IDing policy, that would be wonderful