The Hateful Eight

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Johnny Blazed, Dec 20, 2015.

1. I was fairly "eh" about the revenant. I think in this day and age they can pay closer attention to realism. They wouldn't be wading into water to fill their jugs in the winter. They'd stay as dry as possible or risk dying. I was hung up on how often they got in the water unnecessarily i guess. Also played on stereotypes a bit much for my tastes.

• Like Like x 1
  2. As a Tarantino fan I found this one to be meh. A lot of the scenes are actively trying too hard.
    Tarantino rank imo

-Pulp Fiction
    -Reservoir Dogs
    -Jackie Brown
    -Kill Bill

3. Dialog was terrible. It completely overwhelmed the actors from developing their own characters. They all sounded like Quentin Tarantino was talking.

• Like Like x 4
  4. No Deathproof? If you haven't seen that, you really need to smoke a spliff and sit back and take it in.

5. Tarantino movies were much better before everyone started sucking his dick, perhaps ego is part of it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. no love for four rooms?..loved that movie when I was a teen...kinda cheesy now but was great in its day

• Like Like x 1
  7. I very much enjoyed Deathproof, for what it was. It didn't have the story or character depth of the other movies I mentioned ahead of it. Tarantino did a lot of good stuff so it's tough to make the top 3/5.

8. Four Rooms was excellent. I haven't seen it in about 15 years so idk how my jaded adult mind would now perceive it, but when it came out it was excellent.

9. True

10. Did y'all forget Django? Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, and Django are top 3 Tarantino films imo

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. I can acknowledge that Kill Bill is well-made, and has some AMAZING scenes. I just don't find either movie as fun as others do. And yeah, Jackie Brown is really slept on. It has Robert DeNiro smoking weed with Sam Jackson. It's long but I love every scene, it's like a fun ride.

12. Django has grown on me after seeing it a few more times. My problem was that first half was so perfect, that it felt like a letdown when the second act was merely pretty good. Still a great movie though.

13. Since I've been enjoying a drink or six tonight, let's just say it.

Fk all of Tarantino's new work :) He, like the decades, have gotten less good. Get back at me when the $5 shake is as good as it used to be

• Like Like x 2
  14. Hateful 8 was indeed garbage but you didn't like Django?! Django Unchained is my favorite movie to watch while I get baked. It's so fucking good!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. I liked Django a bit better than Hateful 8 but I find Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, and Jackie Brown to be far superior movies.

Quentin is catering a bit to the race-sells mantra the US is under recently and his work, as well as characters are suffering from it. Jules Winnfield is a far more sophisticated and better played character than Major Marquis Warren. None of the characters from Django or Hateful Eight can hold a candle to Vincent Vega.

• Like Like x 1
  16. I enjoyed this more than Tarantino's other films personally. But then again, I was never way into his films anyway.

Really liked the story telling behind the characters, reminded me of much older westerns (the Great Silence as an example). It also likened to The Thing in many ways with setting, tone, and even some cinematic homages too. I also really liked Kurt's and Samuel's characters a great deal. And on the same point, I loved the dynamic between the "good" guys. The knew they could trust each other but pretty much hated each others guts.

Some of the story felt jumbled with the flashbacks but I think that was to keep the mystery going till close to the end.

Can only imaging being on the next wagon to roll in and discover that scene hahahaha

• Like Like x 1
  17. *spoilers*

didnt like it, the chapters, everyone dying at the end, I didnt feel like there was anything special about this film. just the same run of the mill tarantino film. Just watch the last hour of it, too much bs and yakin.

18. I liked it but can't touch pulp fiction

19. i think minimum types of films.

20. I'll didn't like the movie.