The Happiest Places On Earth Are Heavily Taxed

Discussion in 'Politics' started by weednotcrack, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Not currently, but we never know what the future will bring.

2. I feel like Americans will still be considered to have too high of a standard of living even after our economy crashes. Frankly, a lot Americans living in poverty wouldn't come close to qualifying as a refugee as far as hardships and need goes.

3. After your economy crashes, sure. But I feel a major power shift coming. If it really spirals out of control, America and Europe could become the new Africa. Of course this would take decades.

4. #84 Verdurous, Aug 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    You forget that even if the economy resets, we still have most of the raw assets in the world. I can't really see how such a shift would happen. lol Most African countries are based off our economies too, so they would technically become even poorer.

5. What if oil runs out and solar energy turns out to be the best alternative? Lots of sunshine in Africa.

6. #86 Verdurous, Aug 7, 2011
    Then Africa will become the new middle east.

7. Unless America loses its grip, because the Middle East has been characterized by American influence.

8. If not America, China?

9. I viewed a doco on where the happiest people in earth are, I don't remember too much, but it did say that the climate didn't matter, nor money etc.

Family played a big role.
    I dont remember anymore :/

10. It could develop in that direction.

11. #91 Verdurous, Aug 7, 2011
    Maybe I should move to China... lol

12. #92 FireWork, Aug 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2011
    You know, I hate taxes, but that's mostly because I live in America. Who fucking knows where the money they take goes. If our government was smaller, more limited, and much more transparent, you know what? I wouldn't mind giving away a small part of my money if I knew it was actually being put to good use. However, in this country it's a different story. I remember hearing in school a few years back that billions, I repeat, BILLIONS, of dollars just disappear in our government. Gone. I don't know if that's one hundred percent true, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Edit: I think I found some info on that.

While Social Security is Under Attack, Billions are Lost in Afghanistan « U.s. News «

Where is the money?

Didn't fully read the articles, but it seems to be the gist of what I was talking about. All I got for the government is a big old:

[​IMG]