The Hammer Vs Lotus J-Hook

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by ren.dnb, Jul 2, 2014.

1. So I was talking with @[member="Steams71"] earlier and got his opinion on The Hammer or The Lotus J-hook. Figured I should also ask the vape forums what you guys think....

If you had to pick one, would it be The Hammer? or the Lotus J-hook kit?

2. I like both a lot but If I had to choose one I would go with the hammer. I like the hammer better as a portable because the torch is ingratiated in to the design but the lotus is better for at home use as it works with a water pipe a little easier. Both are fantastic massive hitting vaporizers though.

3. #3 Steams71, Jul 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2014
    As I said @[member="ren.dnb"] I'm liking the Lotus J-Hook and waterpipe kit at the moment.  I love the style and the way you heat it until the red spot appears.  I do like a vape that requires a little bit of effort to get the most out of it, hence my love of the mflb. 

I do also really like the Hammer but I saw a review on youtube where the woman said that she could taste a little butane when drawing on it.  It could have been an early beta she was testing for all I know though, so would like to hear from people that own  them before I judge it.  I'm also a little concerend about the built in torch that heats the chamber.  We all know how bad electric lighters can be.  They always seem to fail on me.  If the one on the hammer dies can it be replaced or repaired?

I would still buy the Hammer but It's the Lotus first for me.

4.  I still REALLY like the custom glass stems available for The Hammer though. Gives it a bit more customization. Still a rough decision but looks like either way one can't go wrong.

5. Both are fantastic its just what fits you better for your needs. The custom stems are bad ass, a little pricy, but I love mine.

I do notice a smell of butane when using both vapes but they both do a good job at keeping the butane out of the air path.

I figure the butane smell is unavoidable, but as long as its not in the path its all good. I really do like those custom stems. They add some cool character to The Hammer. Well we'll see who goes on sale first, but I pushed it off last month, so this month will probably be a butane month for me. Last night I really didn't want to deal with batteries and charge times, so I hooked up my Firewood's PA and went for it. 

While I was vaping with it I thought... Hmmm, this would be one of those times where I'd hook everything up to charge, grab a butane vape and rock n roll. 

7. #7 Steams71, Jul 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2014
    Just bought the Lotus, can't wait now. :yay:

I went for the dual stem kit which is basically everything; J Hook, Alloy Stem, Natural Cap and Water pipe adapter..

I think this will work really well with my MF Orbiter bong.  Hoping for some big clouds now..

VAS symptoms have been steadied.  Well, at least for this month...lol

8. Really nice steams. I would recommend getting a new torch for it though. The torch I used with it (they might even have different torches now as this was a while back) wasnt the greatest and backups are always good to have. Nice to see more people trying the "other" heat source. I honestly think vapes like the iolite ruined the reputation of butane vaporizers in the community.

9. Thanks for the heads up @[member="POTatato Head"]. They do a fancy one for a few dollars, I just went for the normal torch lighter. But I've also got a nice duel flame torch one as well...

10. ...... and the VAS hits steams71. Tell us how you like it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. I will do buddy :)